Pai Gow Draft Results and Standings Updates Topic

If trades were allowed I would definitely do a 2B <> SS deal with you
12/12/2018 4:56 PM
Posted by ozomatli on 12/12/2018 4:56:00 PM (view original):
If trades were allowed I would definitely do a 2B <> SS deal with you
You could always try going the traditional route and send in a request 20.1

Just need one.
12/12/2018 5:32 PM
I tried to find as many players with three "good" seasons as I could, so my choices would be mostly about how I wanted to configure my teams. That didn't work for starting pitching or for a couple position players though....

This is all mental tracking for me. Once all my players are drafted, I'll need to sit down with a pad and pen and figure it out for sure.
12/12/2018 5:41 PM
I've made some dumb semi-impulse picks without doing enough sorting through... maybe I should trade some techniques with you Ozo, to keep us moving...

(At least I picked usable players. Just should have picked others beforehand, two or whatever number more times.)
12/13/2018 9:12 AM (edited)
All picks are in for Round 20.2

Chisock. John Valentin
Donburgh. Max Bishop
happyhours. Howie Pollet

Will update in about an hour when I get home
12/12/2018 10:39 PM
Trying to find the 3 seasons to use for Nolan Ryan is like trying to determine which piles of poo smell best. The reasons he got it done on the field don't translate well to pure numbers.
12/13/2018 10:00 AM
Posted by NebHusker on 12/13/2018 10:00:00 AM (view original):
Trying to find the 3 seasons to use for Nolan Ryan is like trying to determine which piles of poo smell best. The reasons he got it done on the field don't translate well to pure numbers.
I wonder about him a lot. He obv doesn't translate well to SLB, but how would he do in real life these days? With how often batters are willing to strikeout, what kind of numbers would he put up?
12/13/2018 11:38 AM
Maybe the answer to that is found in the answer to this: what pitchers in baseball now pitch like Nolan Ryan? (More than ever are at least quite a bit similar, seems to me.)
12/13/2018 3:10 PM
Posted by reddtrain on 12/12/2018 5:41:00 PM (view original):
I tried to find as many players with three "good" seasons as I could, so my choices would be mostly about how I wanted to configure my teams. That didn't work for starting pitching or for a couple position players though....

This is all mental tracking for me. Once all my players are drafted, I'll need to sit down with a pad and pen and figure it out for sure.
We'll see how your mental tracking works out. My mental tracking is still hinting at me to pick another SP, but my paper tracking already says Drysdale was probably not a great pick for me since I didn't need another SP at the time... so I sure don't need one now with my 900 combined innings from him.
12/13/2018 3:11 PM
This is one league that no one should have fatigue issues with. Even your bench and mopup players can be full-timers.
12/13/2018 7:23 PM
And I'd like to do this draft all over again, cuz I think I may be starting to know what I'm doing.
12/14/2018 12:56 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 12/13/2018 3:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by reddtrain on 12/12/2018 5:41:00 PM (view original):

We'll see how your mental tracking works out. My mental tracking is still hinting at me to pick another SP, but my paper tracking already says Drysdale was probably not a great pick for me since I didn't need another SP at the time... so I sure don't need one now with my 900 combined innings from him.
I've distributed some of my players onto three different SLB drafts, in their presumed three years. It has helped. Don't know whether I'll resist the spreadsheet temptation or not, now.

If we're pretty sure we'll be doing this theme again, maybe that's more weight on the temptation... I'll have the sheets set up, rudimentary or with some calculations, either way.
12/14/2018 5:24 PM
I think the original theme using different salary caps would be better than no cap. Owners just need to build their teams in the draft center as the draft progresses. A penalty if they can't make the cap should keep everyone on their toes...
12/14/2018 5:31 PM
Posted by ArlenWilliam on 12/14/2018 12:56:00 PM (view original):
And I'd like to do this draft all over again, cuz I think I may be starting to know what I'm doing.
Agreed, except the part about knowing what I'm doing.
I, also, like the idea of the three different caps.
12/14/2018 6:53 PM
If we do three different caps, I like 80, 100, 120. Not too extreme one way or the other.
12/14/2018 7:26 PM
◂ Prev 1...12|13|14|15|16...23 Next ▸
Pai Gow Draft Results and Standings Updates Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.