2020 Hall of Fame: Post your ballot Topic

Non-Jeter voter remains anonymous. Cowards!!
2/4/2020 9:27 PM
Posted by Got_Worms on 2/4/2020 9:27:00 PM (view original):
It goes both ways. I can see the argument for public voting, so idiots can't make a political statement with their ballot.

But on the flip side - what if this voter has a "small hall" mentality, and they don't believe Jeter is worthy, based on his D or whatever. I definitely don't agree, but if that's how he really feels, he doesn't deserve to be humiliated for his vote. I guess the question is whether or not he submitted a blank ballot.

Either way, with the vitriol of social media these days, I can understand why voters would not want to make their ballots public.
2/5/2020 12:39 PM
If he/she is willing to cast his or her ballot that way, he/she should be willing to make it public. Theoretically, he/she has a reason for not voting for Jeter, and if he/she thinks it is a valid reason, he/she should be willing to defend his ballot. If he/she just didn't vote for Jeter because he/she is a Red Sox fan and hates the Yankees, then maybe he/she should keep quiet.
2/5/2020 12:52 PM (edited)
Posted by Jtpsops on 2/5/2020 12:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Got_Worms on 2/4/2020 9:27:00 PM (view original):
It goes both ways. I can see the argument for public voting, so idiots can't make a political statement with their ballot.

But on the flip side - what if this voter has a "small hall" mentality, and they don't believe Jeter is worthy, based on his D or whatever. I definitely don't agree, but if that's how he really feels, he doesn't deserve to be humiliated for his vote. I guess the question is whether or not he submitted a blank ballot.

Either way, with the vitriol of social media these days, I can understand why voters would not want to make their ballots public.
Even small hall voters at least checked the box next to Jeter's name, like Dan Shaughnessy for example. There was another writer that dropped several candidates that he voted for in 2019, and just voted for Jeter because he believed he deserved to be the lone inductee. I can understand ballots that only had Jeter. There is no rational reason not to vote for him.

"Either way, with the vitriol of social media these days, I can understand why voters would not want to make their ballots public."

This is why I deleted Twitter. Simply had an account to follow @NotMrTibbs but couldn't even have a rationale discussion about HOF voting, so thank you all for having reasoned responses and seeing everyone's point of view!
2/5/2020 2:37 PM
Peter H. Rose
2/5/2020 2:55 PM
ill never use social media....

for one guy to vote no against a guy already in at the very end is a weasel move especially if he does it in secret.
probably sitting at home rubbing his hands together and laughing like a little girl.
one day he will brag to a few drunks in a dive bar - hey i was the one vote against jeter for HOF...that was me
so whadaya want a medal you schmuck.......get him another shirley temple.

i was never a fan of or against jeter or for or against the jeter yankess but come on.
2/5/2020 3:18 PM
Why pick on this one guy? What about the idiots who didn't vote for Mays? If the rationale was "If XXX (insert Ruth, Aaron, Mays, Berra, etc.) wasn't unanimous, why should a SS with virtually no range be unanimous?", why are soooo many Jeter-philes up in arms over it?!?

What difference does it make...? He's in the Hall. And he's a worse player than several people who aren't... Be happy he made it.
2/5/2020 4:28 PM
not my subject ..i responded to it.
if morons didnt vote for mays aaron etc...why shouldnt people stop being morons.
i dont believe in setting a precedent for being a moron.
2/5/2020 4:56 PM
I'm not up in arms because it was jeter. Ballots should be public, and if you are making a vote that is controversial, you should be willing to give your reasoning.

Also, I don't think most morons can stop being a moron. Its not like the chose to be morons. That is just the way they are.
2/5/2020 5:21 PM
the less morons the better is my point.
lets not excuse morons like lets not normalize racists.
just sayin.
2/5/2020 7:10 PM
you suggest killing some of the morons, cause I don't see any other way their number will decrease!
2/5/2020 7:15 PM
im not in favor of killing morons.
2/5/2020 7:17 PM
im saying not to take fools so seriously that you create morons for the rest of us.
2/5/2020 7:20 PM
I don't take fools seriously. Only God can create a moron!!! LOL
2/5/2020 7:30 PM
Seems like I missed a lot. But I would remain anonymous too. People are crazy. What was the dude’s ballot? I totally get getting another vote for Rolen/Wagner/Vizquel since Jeter was a lock. But if he doesn’t have 10 players, then that’s bad.
2/5/2020 9:52 PM
◂ Prev 1...12|13|14|15 Next ▸
2020 Hall of Fame: Post your ballot Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.