Reactionary posts Topic

Posted by gomiami1972 on 3/8/2016 10:05:00 PM (view original):
So, the scouting service reveals recruits by state but not any information about the potential of those recruits scouted? I'm just guessing, I don't know. It sounds like the scouting service is the same as the current free basic search (before you buy FSS.) Now you have to pay just to know there are 23 recruits in Alaska, for instance...please tell me I'm wrong.
He explains it all right here

That is what we know.
3/8/2016 11:41 PM
Yeah, OK. God have mercy.
3/8/2016 11:58 PM
Posted by hughesjr on 3/8/2016 9:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by brianxavier on 3/8/2016 9:46:00 PM (view original):
I guess FSS is going away completely then? I really don't enjoy all the levels of discovery just to get to raw numbers on the skills... especially if those raw numbers still don't show potential. Good grief, if I have to depend on scouting visits just to find out a guy stinks.... well that sounds absolutely horrible.

Does anyone remember or know if we'll be able to see large numbers of players potential? It will be really frustrating to spend cash only to discover the player is a dud.

I guess maybe this comment touches on the issue a little bit:

You said your team can host one private camp and there will be "a handful" of public camps any team can attend, and those players will be available to recruit. Are there other ways to make players available to recruit by your team? Can you please list all the ways to make that happen? Thanks. (bistiza - Hall of Famer - 11:49 AM)

The scouting options are: Public camps, Private camps, Scouting Service, and Assistant Coach Trip. The scouting service will work somewhat like the FSS system does now, where you purchase by state. The assistant trip will allow you to set some basic parameters and have your coach go find X number of recruits.

They will show potential. The whole point of this update is to make it harder to find the information about every single recruit. And to make it so you can get general info first and drill down if you want.

Because recruiting is NOT an exact science. This adds a bit of unknown. Sometimes you will strike out. That does not really happen right now. Right now, you can know exactly how good every recruit can be. Then the guys with the money get all the good recruits. Now, it will be an effort to find the best recruits, some will slip through the cracks.
You say "Sometimes you will strike out. That does not really happen right now."

I don't want to strike out at all.

If I wanted to have a chance of striking out, I wouldn't play HD, I'd just live real life. Part of the appeal of games like this one is that if I work at it, I can find a way to be successful with little risk of failure.

In real life, we're told the line that hard work equals success, but the fact is that statement isn't true in a linear sense (hard work doesn't translate to success in equal measures and sometimes not at all). But in HD, it does just that - and that's the appeal to me.

When you start putting in things which make the game "more realistic" in the sense that they might lead to my frustration, it makes me want to play the game less. I can find enough frustration in real life.
3/10/2016 3:19 PM
Posted by hughesjr on 3/8/2016 11:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 3/8/2016 10:05:00 PM (view original):
So, the scouting service reveals recruits by state but not any information about the potential of those recruits scouted? I'm just guessing, I don't know. It sounds like the scouting service is the same as the current free basic search (before you buy FSS.) Now you have to pay just to know there are 23 recruits in Alaska, for instance...please tell me I'm wrong.
He explains it all right here

That is what we know.
There are four levels of information, and you have to go through all of them to get the numbers you have now. That's the number one reason I hate this new system and it hasn't even been implemented.

I don't want to have to dig through everything to get the ratings.
3/10/2016 3:22 PM
◂ Prev 1...13|14|15
Reactionary posts Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.