Previous coach promised minutes? Topic

""Bottom line: It's a game, I pay to play it, and it's annoying to have to put up with my decisions being affected by simulated players instead of me being able to make my own.""

bis, i think what's geting most people to so vehemently disagree with you is this sentiment.   you keep insinuating that you are somehow forced to change your coaching style or change decisions because someone is losing work ethic due to no playing time.  this is simply false, no matter how many times or ways you say it.  you don't have to change anything.  if they complaing, due what we all do, NOTHING.  let em complain.  they aren't playing anyway, so if they improve less, it's completely irrelevant,  they don't affect team morale cause that doesn't exist.  it has NO IMPACT on anything. 

""There is no need for several features of this game to exist, including grades (as someone pointed out, they exist to play basketball, not get a degree). Among those features is this demand for minutes""

also, i hope you realize how silly this statement is.  they exist only to play basketball, yet shouldn't expect to play??

""I don't feel I should have to deal with demands from players if I'm in charge""

umm, that's a coaches job, to deal with players. 

9/3/2012 8:54 PM
Side note:  I thought grades had something to do with how quickly they will learn the offensive and defensive settings.  The higher the GPA the more quickly the player's IQ increases.
9/3/2012 9:04 PM
I have no idea who coaches with what style in real life, so while I can't give you an example of players or coaches, it is only because I'm  not familiar with many of them. I am absolutely certain many players do not demand minutes, players with talent and ability and those with less alike. I'm also certain there are coaches who don't put up with demands from players. That's how life works - people are different, and some of them give you more slack, and some don't give much at all.

So is this your concession that you are basing your position on "because I say so"

How can you be "absolutely certain" without any examples. 
9/3/2012 9:12 PM
The whole point of the feature (where upperclassmen demand PT)  is to prevent elite programs from just stuffing their bench choke full of elite recruits and just rolling them out whenever they damn well please because according to you, they shouldn't mind waiting 3 years to actually get onto the court.

In RL, I don't doubt their are players who won't DEMAND minutes, and I do think their are coaches who won't put up with players making any type of demands.  I just think those players will just up and leave without a single word.  I believe every single college player does want to PLAY whether it be at School A or at a completely different school who would give them an opportunity to get on the court.

Do you not think a college kid who isn't going to be unhappy with this situation go knock on the coaches door and ask why is he isn't getting any playtime for the past few seasons?  And if that coach came down hard on him and didn't give him an answer he'd like, he'd consider other options (or be less motivated)?

Are you actually suggesting that most college kids won't actually talk to their coaches when they have an issue with something on the court?  I see the e-mail as the only means for WIS to let a coach know about what the kid is feeling and for you not to get blind-sided when the kid decides to leave for another school (or do you not think that happens in RL either).
9/3/2012 9:14 PM
...so you admit to the fact that they exist to play basketball, but you still don't see why they'd get upset if they don't play much basketball?  Your logic is running in circles.

Also, this quote:
I disagree with the idea of players complaining about minutes because this is a game where a coach is in charge, and I don't feel I should have to deal with demands from players if I'm in charge. Bottom line: It's a game, I pay to play it, and it's annoying to have to put up with my decisions being affected by simulated players instead of me being able to make my own.

Is just hilarious. You think that just because a person is in charge, nobody complains? You've never heard of a team quitting on a coach? You've never worked in an office setting when a boss makes a decision that causes employees to complain? And you don't think players demand minutes? Are you serious? You think players enjoy riding the bench just because the almighty coach says so and tells him to be ok with it?

Also, repeatedly saying "bottom line" (which is funny to see you say more than once in the same post, btw), doesn't make you right or add any credibility to what you're saying. Bottom line. Period. End of story. The end. Fin.
9/3/2012 9:20 PM
It's simply amazing.
9/3/2012 9:58 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
"I say bottom line to emphasize no one had created a compelling argument against my position - which at this point I think is absolutely hilarious. yet you'll run in circles claiming you have but if that were really true, I'd have given you credit." - i call bullshit

9/3/2012 11:07 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
In real life there are people happy to have jobs and other benefits. In real life there are people who are unhappy with those same jobs and benefits. In this game players can get a scholarship at any other school in the world. If you want the player he has a scholarship, if someone else wants the player he gets a scholarship. The player always has a chance to play whether it's for your team or another team. There's nothing special about a scholarship in the game that it should be mentioned as a reason why the player should never have a complaint or demands.
9/3/2012 11:22 PM
Credit is due if you say so. Got it.
9/3/2012 11:24 PM
Posted by bistiza on 9/3/2012 11:14:00 PM (view original):
Call what you want, but it's not BS. I give credit where it's due every time. That's the only reason i can say with authority it hasn't happened - BECAUSE i give credit where it's due.

Clear example: I told budd he had a point above about needing a system in HD to keep elite teams from stacking their benches with good players. that was a good point, and I gave him credit. I did also mention I thought there should be a better way than making my DIII player complain, but i still gave him credit where it was due.

The fact that I give credit where it's due speaks volumes. in other words, if i don't give credit, then as far as I'm concerned, it wasn't due. In this case, if anyone had presented even a solid point for why i should change my mind, i'd have said so and given it consideration - but the simple fact is, no one did.
I don't think it's possible for a person to have a higher opinion of himself.  You're in a class all by yourself, chief.  I can't decide if you're more arrogant than ignorant or the other way around... either way, you're running high in both areas.

And, captain obvious, thanks for coming to the forum with your "if I don't give you credit then I didn't think it was due" remark.  Could you make a more obvious statement?  Next time it's raining outside I'll be sure to give you a shout to ask you if I'll get wet by walking outside without an umbrella.

As if anyone even cares about getting the almighty "credit de bistiza" on this forum.  That's about as useful as a solar powered flashlight.
9/3/2012 11:32 PM
Posted by bistiza on 9/3/2012 11:14:00 PM (view original):
Call what you want, but it's not BS. I give credit where it's due every time. That's the only reason i can say with authority it hasn't happened - BECAUSE i give credit where it's due.

Clear example: I told budd he had a point above about needing a system in HD to keep elite teams from stacking their benches with good players. that was a good point, and I gave him credit. I did also mention I thought there should be a better way than making my DIII player complain, but i still gave him credit where it was due.

The fact that I give credit where it's due speaks volumes. in other words, if i don't give credit, then as far as I'm concerned, it wasn't due. In this case, if anyone had presented even a solid point for why i should change my mind, i'd have said so and given it consideration - but the simple fact is, no one did.
man. do you even read your own posts? you sound like a thirteen year old patting himself on the back ....
9/3/2012 11:40 PM
The old saying about "buying someone for what they're worth and selling them for what they THINK they're worth"  couldn't apply any better than in this case.  You're right Ryrun, the longer this goes, the more this guy shows his true self.  He really DOES think he's in a class by himself, doesn't he?  He really DOES think he's better than others, doesn't he?  He really DOES think he's more "respectable" (a word he used several times) than everyone else, doesn't he?

After reading all of this, I'm surprised he would even waste a minute of his "oh so almighty time" to even converse with the common folk.  Tell us, oh great one, how long is the trip down from Mt. Olympus?  Does it humor you to verbally joust with us mere mortals?  Please, please just once give me "due credit", so I'll know that my life is complete.  "Rolls eyes" (another of your favorites, oh great one).  Excuse me while I clean the vomit off of my keyboard........    
9/3/2012 11:48 PM
Hey, "Lancelot" ...

C'est moi! C'est moi, I blush to disclose.
I'm far too noble to lie.

That man in whom
These qualities bloom,
C'est moi, c'est moi, 'tis I.
I've never strayed
From all I believe;
I'm blessed with an iron will.
Had I been made
The partner of Eve,
We'd be in Eden still.
C'est moi! C'est moi! The angels have chose
To fight their battles below,
And here I stand, as pure as a pray'r,
Incredibly clean, with virtue to spare,
The godliest man I know!
C'est moi!
9/3/2012 11:52 PM
◂ Prev 1...14|15|16|17|18...32 Next ▸
Previous coach promised minutes? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.