Shtickless - Unless Being Dead Is A Shtick Topic

Posted by robusk on 4/24/2012 3:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tylermathias on 4/24/2012 3:31:00 PM (view original):
It's on the disability side.  It's a weird job, in that it's kind of entry level and very low paying, but the experience requirements were very demanding.  Should be some decent paths upward, or maybe sideways into federal stuff down the line. 

I pretty much timed myself out of anything directly lawyery by staying away from it all so long.  In theory, this job could set me up for something like being an administrative law judge or something like that, but that may be a stretch.
Can you and Mrs. TM live off of what you will be making at least?
Oh yeah.  We'll be fine.  All told, this pretty much equates to the ****** hospital job I told them to shove last year.  A little less money, but like 450 less miles per week commuting.  And probably 5-10 less hours per week actually at work.
4/24/2012 3:49 PM
Posted by dmurphy104 on 4/24/2012 3:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by robusk on 4/24/2012 3:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dmurphy104 on 4/24/2012 3:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by robusk on 4/24/2012 9:52:00 AM (view original):
I have been playing a shitload of SLNBA.  That game sucks.
they must be using averages instead of standard deviations.
There are a lot of tools in that forum.  Even users who have never played a game of HBD before are jumping in to defend your honor.
I kinda caught a glimpse of how the outside world must have viewed Shtickless back in the day.

And, no I never sold bathroom fixtures..Yes, I did run my own website selling electronics and videogames and toys and stuff. Now, that is genreally only really profitable around the holidays or if something new and cool is released. Plus I dont have much time now with the 2 kids. I had a real good run with that for about 1-1-2 years plus the last couple holidays. But dont have the energy or time anymore.
I totally thought you were a bathroom fixture salesman by trade.  I must have missed that day of class.

I was just in Cinci for a week.  That place is awful.
4/24/2012 3:50 PM
Posted by tylermathias on 4/24/2012 3:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by robusk on 4/24/2012 3:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tylermathias on 4/24/2012 3:31:00 PM (view original):
It's on the disability side.  It's a weird job, in that it's kind of entry level and very low paying, but the experience requirements were very demanding.  Should be some decent paths upward, or maybe sideways into federal stuff down the line. 

I pretty much timed myself out of anything directly lawyery by staying away from it all so long.  In theory, this job could set me up for something like being an administrative law judge or something like that, but that may be a stretch.
Can you and Mrs. TM live off of what you will be making at least?
Oh yeah.  We'll be fine.  All told, this pretty much equates to the ****** hospital job I told them to shove last year.  A little less money, but like 450 less miles per week commuting.  And probably 5-10 less hours per week actually at work.
And WIS access?
4/24/2012 3:50 PM
I hope so.

As of when I saw Rob and Marc like three weeks ago, both couples were still living on what sounds like a sitcom set.
4/24/2012 3:52 PM
Posted by robusk on 4/24/2012 3:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dmurphy104 on 4/24/2012 3:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by robusk on 4/24/2012 3:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dmurphy104 on 4/24/2012 3:25:00 PM (view original):
i think bot had another 2 kids this year. 

Rob got a full back tattoo and is hanging out with Fregoe getting pedicures.
(Facebook is good for something)
I seem to remember him getting a divorce...  but full back tattoo??
yes. its in progress. I think it's the first time on Facebook that Ive seen over 15 comments on something and no likes. im actually not certain if they ended up getting divorced or not. Though my guess is if he's getting full back tatoos and pedis with Fregoe, that they probably did split.

Posting that picture would probably be harmless, but then again, I wouldnt really want people posting pictures of my kids and stuff on here.

I have a 24 hour race in two weeks, and havent trained. My daugher lifted my shirt and went 'jiggle jiggle jiggle' yesterday. I need to get in shape.

I know Bret is really kicking *** with the weight loss and the running. I dont know if he finished a marathon yet or not, but he ran a good half marathon time.
I am doing a half on Saturday but I have done more biking and swimming the last couple months.  Rarely run more than 8 miles at once and only do that 2 times a week or so.  I will be happy with sub-9:00 splits.

I remember bret saying stuff about it but had no idea if he stuck with it.  I have no Facebook so this forum is my only portal.
im very slow now..just cant get out to get any distance in. Although I am hoping to get 80-100 miles in the race. On paper that seems easy--less than 4 miles an hour--I did one on no training and got 65 miles in last fall.
4/24/2012 3:55 PM
Posted by tylermathias on 4/24/2012 3:52:00 PM (view original):
I hope so.

As of when I saw Rob and Marc like three weeks ago, both couples were still living on what sounds like a sitcom set.
'splain yourself.
4/24/2012 4:07 PM
Posted by dmurphy104 on 4/24/2012 3:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by robusk on 4/24/2012 3:49:00 PM (view original):

yes. its in progress. I think it's the first time on Facebook that Ive seen over 15 comments on something and no likes. im actually not certain if they ended up getting divorced or not. Though my guess is if he's getting full back tatoos and pedis with Fregoe, that they probably did split.

Posting that picture would probably be harmless, but then again, I wouldnt really want people posting pictures of my kids and stuff on here.

I have a 24 hour race in two weeks, and havent trained. My daugher lifted my shirt and went 'jiggle jiggle jiggle' yesterday. I need to get in shape.

I know Bret is really kicking *** with the weight loss and the running. I dont know if he finished a marathon yet or not, but he ran a good half marathon time.
I am doing a half on Saturday but I have done more biking and swimming the last couple months.  Rarely run more than 8 miles at once and only do that 2 times a week or so.  I will be happy with sub-9:00 splits.

I remember bret saying stuff about it but had no idea if he stuck with it.  I have no Facebook so this forum is my only portal.
im very slow now..just cant get out to get any distance in. Although I am hoping to get 80-100 miles in the race. On paper that seems easy--less than 4 miles an hour--I did one on no training and got 65 miles in last fall.
I think I remember reading that most ultramarathoners are lucky to break 21 minute miles.
4/24/2012 4:09 PM
Posted by robusk on 4/24/2012 4:07:00 PM (view original):
I hope so.

'splain yourself.
Marc and his girl live in like a sublettified part of the Tracys' apartment.  They're separated by like a hotel adjoining door thingy, and there are hi-jinx, obvi.
4/24/2012 4:12 PM
thats probably right robusk--generally ultras are on trails--so that is partly the reason. The top 24 hour racers do 130-150ish miles. Generally on pavement going in 1 mile or so circles. If I even just do 100 miles, Id probably be top 10. And this is the National Championship. So coming in the top 10 in the national Championship would sound way more impressive than it actually is. I really wish Id have the time and energy to properly train for one of these.
4/24/2012 4:21 PM
Posted by robusk on 4/24/2012 3:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dmurphy104 on 4/24/2012 3:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by robusk on 4/24/2012 9:52:00 AM (view original):
I have been playing a shitload of SLNBA.  That game sucks.
they must be using averages instead of standard deviations.
There are a lot of tools in that forum.  Even users who have never played a game of HBD before are jumping in to defend your honor.
Or maybe it's just banter, robusk, between folks who have been doing this in these forums for many years.
4/24/2012 4:24 PM
Posted by tylermathias on 4/24/2012 4:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by robusk on 4/24/2012 4:07:00 PM (view original):
I hope so.

'splain yourself.
Marc and his girl live in like a sublettified part of the Tracys' apartment.  They're separated by like a hotel adjoining door thingy, and there are hi-jinx, obvi.
Wha?  Crazy talk.
4/24/2012 4:25 PM

Heh-  Marathon is next weekend (May 6th- in case no one visits the forums before then). Yes, I am down nearly 70lbs since last April.  Trying to become a spokesperson for some type of weight loss company, but they all say I look to good.....
4/25/2012 8:43 AM
wow- I can actually use the word catch up again.  Granted it only amount to about 2 pages worth of stuff and sadly covered a span of 2wks, but hey it's progress.
4/25/2012 8:48 AM
thats crazy. I dropped the 40 lbs a couple summers ago, put 30 back on. I should be able to get back to running every night over the summer. I have the 24 hour race on May 5/6 and will either do a fall marathon (Dayton or Columbus) or the 24 hour race in September. Shooting for 100+ miles in fall. That's unlikely for this one.
4/25/2012 8:52 AM
I have been the same weight for like 4 years.  Steadily between 180-185.  I look damn good.
4/25/2012 10:05 AM
â—‚ Prev 1...1719|1720|1721|1722|1723...1822 Next â–¸
Shtickless - Unless Being Dead Is A Shtick Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.