Trump: Worst President Ever? Topic

Posted by bad_luck on 5/6/2017 11:15:00 AM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 5/6/2017 7:56:00 AM (view original):
Of course the Australians have better healthcare than we do --everybody does. ObamaCare is dead! But our healthcare will soon be great.

-Trump on Twitter telling it like it is!!
I love that someone had to point out to him that Australians have single payer after he praised their system.
Trump has been all for single payer in the past. Some of the best healthcare systems in the world are some form of universal healthcare. And some of the worst are as well.

There's NO REASON America should be paying $1.2 trillion a year in healthcare and still ranked so poorly. We spend half as much on defense and have the best military in the world.
5/6/2017 11:28 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by bad_luck on 5/6/2017 11:50:00 AM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 5/6/2017 11:28:00 AM (view original):
Of course the Australians have better healthcare than we do --everybody does. ObamaCare is dead! But our healthcare will soon be great.

I love that someone had to point out to him that Australians have single payer after he praised their system.
Trump has been all for single payer in the past. Some of the best healthcare systems in the world are some form of universal healthcare. And some of the worst are as well.

There's NO REASON America should be paying $1.2 trillion a year in healthcare and still ranked so poorly. We spend half as much on defense and have the best military in the world.
I think you're conflating government spending and what all Americans spend as a whole.
Nope. The government spends over a trillion dollars a year on healthcare.
5/6/2017 1:27 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/6/2017 1:37:00 PM (view original):
Ok, I'm not looking it up, I guess I'll believe you. Trump's plan cuts healthcare spending (including Medicaid which he promised not to cut) in order to give a tax break to high income Americans.

That's ******. The middle class and poor would not be better off under this proposal.
Everyone gets a tax break. It's only logical that if the top? 20% of income earners are paying 84% of the tax burden they are going to see substantial tax breaks..... THEY ARE PAYING 84% OF ALL TAXES COLLECTED.
5/6/2017 2:10 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/6/2017 1:39:00 PM (view original):
I did look it up. $600 billion of the "over $1 trillion" is medicare spending. That's not a healthcare or government issue, that's a "old people are expensive to care for" issue.
+ $400 billion in Medicaid. It's all government healthcare.

What's your point? We spend more on healthcare by more than double any other country and we rank near the bottom of the pack....
5/6/2017 2:25 PM

The US also has a single payer health system. It is called the VA.

Let's force that on everyone!
5/6/2017 3:45 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/6/2017 4:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 5/6/2017 2:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/6/2017 1:37:00 PM (view original):
Ok, I'm not looking it up, I guess I'll believe you. Trump's plan cuts healthcare spending (including Medicaid which he promised not to cut) in order to give a tax break to high income Americans.

That's ******. The middle class and poor would not be better off under this proposal.
Everyone gets a tax break. It's only logical that if the top? 20% of income earners are paying 84% of the tax burden they are going to see substantial tax breaks..... THEY ARE PAYING 84% OF ALL TAXES COLLECTED.
Everyone doesn't get a tax break. Some in the lower and middle classes will pay slightly more.
How many is 'some'? And how? Do the math for me.
5/6/2017 8:48 PM
Isn't it a bit strange that 217 house representatives can pass a bill and there's not ONE media outlet that wrote about the POSITIVES of the bill? #fakenews absolute bias. It's that bad
5/6/2017 11:17 PM
◂ Prev 1...181|182|183|184|185...1096 Next ▸
Trump: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.