Deliberately throwing games to make money Topic

There's nobody I won't draft (except LHPs, of course)
12/21/2007 10:55 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By kermit on 12/21/2007
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
That's awesome....a Rush quote in the forums. My two favorite things, baseball and Rush.
12/21/2007 11:01 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By grizzly_one on 12/21/2007Here's the missing point. Nothing would make me happier than one of my back-up line-ups to win the game. It does happen now and then.

I'm not "TRYING" to lose games. But to have the players I want, they need to rest. I just decide to rest them all at once and take my chances.

No cheating going on. In fact, I keep all my players in at least the blue as far fatigue is concerned.

rufusjonz, over two years ago I found a glitch in the system that allowed me to offer a trade and approve it before the other owner new what hit him. I NEVER used this strategy and spent six months trying to convince Admin it was there. I actually did it twice. The first time on accident, which I notified everybody but ultimately just did it again to reverse it. (OK, I guess I did three times) The last time was with a friend in an agreed upon swap of meaningless players so Admin could see what happened. They did finally close that loophole. Now that would be cheating.

What I'm doing is not cheating. You may not like the fact I pay less for studs because they don't have enough PA. But believe me it's not easy playing catch-up all the time either.

This strategy is time consuming and difficult
i didnt know u were one!

thanks for fessing up

i was trying to solicit names
12/21/2007 11:04 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By JohnGPF on 12/21/2007

...i wonder if there are any WIS owners who won't draft black players for their teams?
I refuse to draft americans.. I hate thoses guys...
If that makes me a racist, so be it..
12/21/2007 11:05 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By rufusjonz on 12/21/2007
i was trying to solicit names
Play in the champions leagues. You'll see this strategy enough to make you sick.
12/21/2007 11:07 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Quote: Originally Posted By biglenr on 12/21/2007
Quote: Originally Posted By mancunia on 12/21/2007

I don't think American is a recognized race.

I think it just makes you xenophobic and especially vulnerable to eurotrash women and Belgian lager.

...i guess everything has an upside...
12/21/2007 11:14 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By aberberian on 12/21/2007
Quote: Originally Posted By kermit on 12/21/2007

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
That's awesome....a Rush quote in the forums. My two favorite things, baseball and Rush.
...and speaking of politics, have you all seen dennis kucinich's wife!? man, i can't wait till he retires, she inherits his seat, and runs for president...we'll finally be able to compete with the ukraine...
12/21/2007 11:19 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By JohnGPF on 12/21/2007
Quote: Originally Posted By biglenr on 12/21/2007

Quote: Originally Posted By mancunia on 12/21/2007

I don't think American is a recognized race.

I think it just makes you xenophobic and especially vulnerable to eurotrash women and Belgian lager.

...i guess everything has an upside..
It's a tough life but some one has to do it...
12/21/2007 11:20 AM
...mrs K...
...ukrainian prime minister...
12/21/2007 11:23 AM
mmmmm....Eurotrash! Is she looking good, or have I had too many Belgian Lagers?
12/21/2007 11:42 AM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
12/21/2007 12:05 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By blackmink18 on 12/21/2007
I admit, I tend to throw the first 3-5 games in most every league I am in.
It is your team to manage as you see fit but can I ask why? Actually, I usually start off losing anyway because I guess I just suck at drafting....
12/21/2007 12:23 PM
You can avoid early season fatigue if you rest your regulars the first game or three.
12/21/2007 12:27 PM
If the Red Sox call up a minor league scrub to start a meaningless game against the Royals, so that they can save Beckett for the Yankees, are they cheating? And if they sit Manny and Ortiz against the Royals, because they're tired and they want them as rested as possible against the Yankees, is that cheating too? Are the Red Sox deliberately throwing the game to the Royals?
12/21/2007 12:38 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Deliberately throwing games to make money Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.