ACC vs. Big 10 Challenge Topic

Posted by wayllander on 3/28/2012 4:11:00 PM (view original):
So are we leaving games 1 and 2 in our OOC schedule open until after the conclusion of next season's regular season? (And filling games 3,4,5 with other teams?)

Playing a top notch schedule has its own rewards... I dropped 3 games this year and still made a level 5 bowl......
I think that would be the way to go. Maybe it would be better to keep spots 4 and 5 open instead??
3/28/2012 8:38 PM
This is going to be fun!!

There is no need to wait for rankings.... The top 3 to 4 teams are not going to change a lot.... Let's do 2 games at the 3 & 4 OC spot.
3/29/2012 6:14 PM
let's just play 2 games.  It's plenty and it protects a season from going into the toilet.

1)  I don't like that the CC is automatically ranked #1.  Since we are going to vote anyways, I say we just vote for the seatings in each conf.  This is a more accurate assessment of the rankings and each conf is more responsible for the outcome.
2)  vote after the early declaration right after this season (#44) concludes.
3)  we will have to leave OOC spots open at the beginning of next season (after this current season #44 rolls over)
4)  leave spot 4 & 5 open.  This gives the coaches some games to scout and gameplan, which is a better measure of gameplanning skill.  If it is spot 1 and 2, there is a lot of guessing involved.
5)  choose a representative for each conf to do sitemails and to communicate.

3/30/2012 10:50 AM
I agree with the 2 games at the 4&5 spot. I may be last right now, but look for Iowa to make a splash in this challenge! Is the plan to do this every year after next season?
3/30/2012 2:16 PM
I'm down for whatever! Just let me know.
3/30/2012 4:32 PM
just let me know where and when, I be there till they fire my ***
3/30/2012 9:37 PM
If any of you like Baseball...I have started a ESPN League...feel free to join.....league name is "PANTHER PRIDE"...draft will be 11pm EST tonight.4-1-12

http://games.espn.go.com/flb/leagueoffice?leagueId=247142
4/1/2012 3:46 PM
the Big 10 rankings are just about set.  Hopefully the ACC will complete its rankings soon.

the OOC challenge is for game slots #4 and #5.

#1 and #2 play #1 and #2 and vice versa
#3 and #4 play #3 and #4 and vice versa
and so on

each team will play its counter part first (#1 vs #1) and then switch (#1 vs #2)  -->  Game Slot #4

for example:

ACC #1 team vs BIG10 #1 team (game slot 4)
ACC #1 team vs BIG10 #2 team (game slot 5)

ACC #2 team vs BIG10 #2 team (game slot 4)
ACC #2 team vs BIG10 #1 team (game slot 5)

ACC #3 team vs BIG10 #3 team (game slot 4)
ACC #3 team vs BIG10 #4 team (game slot 5)

etc

**Please be absolutely sure to accept the correct challenge.  It just takes one wrong click to screw up this tourney**

when the rankings are finalized, I will post the exact OOC schedule for each team to minimize confusion

4/3/2012 2:10 PM
Big 10 rankings (missing 2 coaches' votes) - subject to change by tonight's deadline to vote.

1) Notre Dame
2) Penn St
3) Michigan
4) Ohio St
5) Minnesota
6) Wisconsin
7) Illinois
8) Iowa
9) Purdue
4/4/2012 4:30 PM
Y'all are lucky you ain't taking on the mighty Sunbelt!  I think I can speak for the others in the conference to say we want a challenge too!  
4/4/2012 7:50 PM
Posted by dupa220 on 4/4/2012 7:50:00 PM (view original):
Y'all are lucky you ain't taking on the mighty Sunbelt!  I think I can speak for the others in the conference to say we want a challenge too!  
hey Bob, you are welcome to come back to the big 10 any time you want.
4/5/2012 10:17 AM
final Big 10 ranking:

1) Notre Dame
2) Penn St
3) Michigan
4) Ohio St
5) Minnesota
6) Wisconsin
7) Illinois
8) Iowa
9) Purdue

final ACC ranking:
1. FSU - 46 pts.
2. Miami - 42 pts.
3. BC - 38 pts.
4. VT - 25 pts.
5. NC - 23 pts.
6. MD - 22 pts.
7. Clemson - 14 pts.
8. GT - 3 pts.
4/5/2012 10:18 AM
scheduling your OOC games

1)  any challenge should be random (not home nor away); it's too complicated to figure who gets home/away games, so let's just roll the dice
2)  this is only for game slot #4 and #5
3)  I'm thinking not all coaches are onboard with this tourney, since not everyone bothered to vote.  Let's go ahead and offer the challenge anyways, and see what happens.
4)  for simplicity sake, I'm going to ask the Big 10 coaches to offer the challenges to their ACC counterparts.  For each pairing, sitemail each other if the other coach does not respond to the challenge and try to make it happen.  If it doesn't happen, that's ok and move on and fill your OOC schedule anyway you want.

Notre Dame slot #4 challenges FSU slot #4
Notre Dame slot #5 challenges Miami slot #5

Penn St. slot #4 challenges Miami slot #4
Penn St. slot #5 challenges FSU slot #5

Michigan slot #4 challenges Boston College slot #4
Michigan slot #5 challenges Virginia Tech slot #5

Ohio St slot #4 challenges Virginia Tech slot #4
Ohio St slot #5 challenges Boston College slot #5

Minnesota slot #4 challenges North Carolina slot #4
Minnesota slot #5 challenges Maryland slot #5

Wisconsin slot #4 challenges Maryland slot #4
Wisconsin slot #5 challenges North Carolina slot #5

Illinois slot #4 challenges Clemson slot #4
Illinois slot #5 challenges Georgia Tech slot #5

Iowa slot #4 challenges Georgia Tech slot #4
Iowa slot #5 challenges Clemson slot #5

4/5/2012 10:41 AM
I'm on board.  I'd like to evolve towards the superconference idea.  But this is an acceptable starting point for year 1 (season 46).
4/5/2012 11:58 AM
Good Work, DKC!  Looking for to it.  I will be waiting on the "invites" from Michigan & Ohio St.  The beginning of this challenge has started up conversations throughout some of the other conferences.......Good Stuff.
4/5/2012 12:02 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
ACC vs. Big 10 Challenge Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.