Player for cash discussion Topic

You don't need my approval to veto mine, and I don't need your approval to veto yours.  Quid pro quo.
7/26/2012 12:55 PM
Exactly.  What's your point?
7/26/2012 12:57 PM
Your the one that brought up body functions.
7/26/2012 12:59 PM
Simply pointing out that you can do a lot of things I don't approve of when you mentioned selling contracts.

I'll ask again, what's your point?   Alley asked the grounds for a veto.   A specific question based on my "Trades must be somewhat equal" post.  You've made cryptic statements with no real point.    So I'm asking you "What is your point?"    Do you have one?
7/26/2012 1:01 PM
If you don't, it's OK.   This is a public, somewhat, message board.   You're free to post without a point.  Doesn't add much but I'm not the keeper of your time either.
7/26/2012 1:02 PM
Let me present you with this scenario then, Mike.  Owner A and Owner B want to swap two players of equal value, that the world as the whole views as equal value.  Let's say two league average third basemen for sake of argument.  Owner A plans to then turn around and trade the player that he is receiving for a top of the rotation starter, a true ace, straight up.  Would you have vetoed the first trade, which is otherwise completely fair, if you knew that Owner A's plans for that player were to acquire something of far greater value?
7/26/2012 1:04 PM
You said you wuold drop the v bomb, and I said you could expect the same.
7/26/2012 1:05 PM
No, I'd veto the 2nd one.   The first trade is fair, the second one is not.  No advantage gained.    Shaw for a stud prospect is not fair.    Veto. 
7/26/2012 1:06 PM
Posted by bwb53 on 7/26/2012 1:05:00 PM (view original):
You said you wuold drop the v bomb, and I said you could expect the same.
And................
7/26/2012 1:06 PM
Thats it. pretty simple.
7/26/2012 1:08 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/26/2012 1:06:00 PM (view original):
No, I'd veto the 2nd one.   The first trade is fair, the second one is not.  No advantage gained.    Shaw for a stud prospect is not fair.    Veto. 
It's not Shaw for a stud prospect, it's Shaw for cash. 

Naturally, what was never brought up in all of this is that the prospect in question is an 18th overall, undecided sign in the first place.
7/26/2012 1:09 PM
Oh, I see.  You think that someone vetoing your deal is a good reason to veto their deal.   That's fine.  Pretty petty but, since the veto names are shown, I'm sure it's not a novel idea.    That's the chance I take.   Don't worry though, if we're ever in the same world, you'll know if I veto your deal WAY before it becomes official.  I don't veto many but, when I do, I'm pretty loud about it.  IOW, I don't cower in fear of the repercussions.
7/26/2012 1:12 PM
Posted by alleyviper on 7/26/2012 1:10:00 PM (view original):

Naturally, what was never brought up in all of this is that the prospect in question is an 18th overall, undecided sign in the first place.
The cash will be used to sign the prospect, no?   Then it's Shaw for the 18th overall pick.    These things are pubic record.  You make deal getting 5m in cash.  I check your used/unused payroll, prospect and draft history.  Oh my, you can't sign you first pick.  Wonder what you'll do with that cash?
7/26/2012 1:14 PM
I'm not worried
7/26/2012 1:14 PM
Posted by alleyviper on 7/26/2012 1:10:00 PM (view original):

Are you going to openly admit that you're the guy getting the 5 million for Shaw, or just leave everyone else to figure that out?

7/26/2012 1:15 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...38 Next ▸
Player for cash discussion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.