ESPN HOF ballot revealed. Topic

What you do, though, is block and bully anyone who states an opinion contrary to yours, and this was the point of Paul Sullivan's comments originally, that a group of people think you can only vote one way and if you don't, you are intimidated and bullied and called an idiot. Which is what you are doing right now.

You can feel free to have the opinion Mussina should be a Hall of Famer, but not Morris, unless Mussina is as well. But you cross the line when you say anyone else who doesn't share that view is an idiot.
1/6/2014 6:49 PM
I'm not blocking or bullying anyone

1/6/2014 7:02 PM
Here, I'll explain it to you.   While I don't think it's possible to be "bullied" on the internet, some disagree. 

You make a statement and follow it with "and anyone who disagrees is obviously an idiot who doesn't understand baseball."

So the dissenting voice has to say "Do I really want to argue this point and be insulted the entire time?" because that's what's going to happen. 

And there you have it.
1/6/2014 7:08 PM
You say basically that Mussina is better than Morris and anyone who disagrees is an idiot. How is this anything but shutting down a debate and insulting people?
1/6/2014 7:18 PM
Posted by masterdebate on 1/6/2014 7:18:00 PM (view original):
You say basically that Mussina is better than Morris and anyone who disagrees is an idiot. How is this anything but shutting down a debate and insulting people?
We aren't debating whether or not Mussina was better than Morris. That's a fact. It isn't one of those Bernie Williams/Kenny Lofton type things than can go either way depending on how you look at it.

The question is, can you vote Yes for Morris and No for Mussina if you are Pedro Gomez? Gomez did and I think he's an idiot for it.
1/6/2014 7:26 PM

Can you?   It's already been done. 

1/6/2014 7:30 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/6/2014 7:08:00 PM (view original):
Here, I'll explain it to you.   While I don't think it's possible to be "bullied" on the internet, some disagree. 

You make a statement and follow it with "and anyone who disagrees is obviously an idiot who doesn't understand baseball."

So the dissenting voice has to say "Do I really want to argue this point and be insulted the entire time?" because that's what's going to happen. 

And there you have it.
You mean like this post:

Quote post by MikeT23 on 11/30/2012 6:57:00 PM:
If you vote "yes" for Edgar Martinez and "no" for Bernie Williams, you need to turn in your baseball fan badge.

Both guys constantly cranked out .300 with 25 homers.  One played the field..  

TURN IT IN AT THE DOOR!!!!!
1/6/2014 7:30 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/6/2014 7:30:00 PM (view original):

Can you?   It's already been done. 

Did you read the next sentence:

"Gomez did and I think he's an idiot..."
1/6/2014 7:31 PM
And you miss the point again. Your position, that anyone who disagrees with you is an idiot, is inappropriate.
1/6/2014 7:32 PM
Posted by masterdebate on 1/6/2014 7:32:00 PM (view original):
And you miss the point again. Your position, that anyone who disagrees with you is an idiot, is inappropriate.
Inappropriate for what? The...internet?

There is a long list of inappropriate things on the internet. My opinion that Pedro Gomez is a know nothing troll of a writer who deserves to lose his Hall of Fame vote for being a ******* imbecile is not on it.
1/6/2014 7:35 PM
"We aren't debating whether or not Mussina was better than Morris. That's a fact."

"Different" is a fact.  

"Better" is an opinion.
1/6/2014 7:38 PM
Congratulations, you aren't as bad as the goatce.ex or whatever that website was.

1/6/2014 7:40 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 1/6/2014 7:38:00 PM (view original):
"We aren't debating whether or not Mussina was better than Morris. That's a fact."

"Different" is a fact.  

"Better" is an opinion.
Ok, fine it's an opinion backed up by all the evidence that we have.

Good enough?
1/6/2014 7:42 PM
Last time. Your position is "I'm right, Pedro Gomez disagrees with me and is therefore an idiot." If everyone held that anyone who disagreed with them is an idiot, we wouldn't get very far.
1/6/2014 7:54 PM
Clearly we disagree on this. I see nothing wrong with calling someone out for doing something stupid, like voting for Morris and not Mussina. I don't think that we get very far by allowing idiots to decide things.
1/6/2014 8:11 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...34 Next ▸
ESPN HOF ballot revealed. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.