Etiquette- mistaken unprotected rule 5 player Topic

Rooney is a reasonable return if you're going to make this kind of trade (which I wouldn't-- I would keep the guy).  He's going to be a solid starting 2B, worse than the player he actually drafted but much better than you should ever expect to get with the first pick in Rule 5.
9/11/2014 10:51 AM
I have mixed feelings about it...

As dedelman said I got a better player than I would have gotten most of the time in the rule 5 draft...

On the other hand- I would probably never ask if the situation were reversed, so if that happens to me I won't benefit from a similar trade.

It didn't feel great to keep the guy... 
9/12/2014 12:47 AM
I was the donkey who did this. I traded last seasons 1 and 2 round picks to get him back. And I appreciate groth accepting it. In all of my seasons I've never had this happen and if he would have told me to pound salt I'd have accepted it. 
9/12/2014 4:08 PM
Take a look at this guy, who is sure to be the #1 pick in this year's Rule 5 draft in Glavine300.

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Russ Goulet

I
 would have had him in the Majors last season.  And I was going to take that team until the old owner decided to come back, and I was gracious enough to choose another franchise.  He had 4 of the top 10 players listed in this draft.
9/14/2014 6:40 PM
I got a real good player this time around.  Unfortunately there are too many dynamics with 32 teams competing to NOT take an unprotected all-star guy if available. 

The nOOb thing may be an exception for me, but again, only in the sense that it would have to be something more valuable than the next player taken.  I've lost a good player to R5 before also - can't remember which world it was in, but just kept quiet about it.

9/16/2014 11:25 AM
◂ Prev 12
Etiquette- mistaken unprotected rule 5 player Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.