Guards with high LP how do they fare in HD Topic

PTS/(FGA+TO+0.44*FTA) is a good metric, but a TO is worse than a missed shot.
10/16/2014 6:32 PM
Posted by ncmusician_7 on 10/16/2014 6:32:00 PM (view original):
PTS/(FGA+TO+0.44*FTA) is a good metric, but a TO is worse than a missed shot.
You're definitely correct, but I'm not sure how to weight that.  It'd probably depend on how well your team offensive rebounds, but I haven't gone that deep into the metrics.

10/16/2014 7:19 PM
I have a spreadsheet where I keep track of advanced statistics like those discussed for my teams.  Among the things I track is True Shooting%, eFG%, and Player Efficiency Rating.  I will be adding PPP to this after reading this thread.

The biggest question mark is how reliable PER is in evaluating a player in HD.  Since the traditional PER equation is not possible to calculate in HD (or if it is, isn't worth the trouble), I have to use a modified PER equation I found from this article.  Anyone have any input on how they think that translates into HD?  I have found that it pretty accurately rates who I consider my best players the highest, although it seems to overrate high volume shooters.
10/16/2014 7:49 PM
How about PTS+AST+REB+BLK+2*STL+0.5*3PM-2*TO-MissedFG-0.6*missedFT?
10/16/2014 11:44 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 12
Guards with high LP how do they fare in HD Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.