Being Robbed of National Title Shot by WIS Topic

Posted by conqistdr on 5/28/2015 11:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ebbets55 on 5/27/2015 1:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by awags on 5/24/2015 6:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by stalagna on 5/24/2015 5:48:00 PM (view original):
Your SOS is weak. You cannot schedule sim opponents for OOC games. The best way to schedule OOC games is to schedule 3-4 human coached teams you have a good shot at beating and 1-2 that are somewhat cupcakes, maybe one semi-difficult opponent. If you have 2 or more sim coached teams your SOS suffers greatly.
In all fairness to him, it's often difficult to get other D1A teams to accept challenges. Especially if they think there is a chance that they will lose.
I'm also in Camp (as Penn State).  I challenged Arizona at least a couple of weeks ago for a non-con for next season, and it's just been sitting there.  There is a strategy to creating a good OOC schedule and perhaps scheduling Penn State isn't part of Arizona's...but I don't buy that you can't find *someone* to play if you're looking to boost your SOS.
I scheduled Nebraska because I thought they would be one of the top teams. I already have USC and Arizona State in my division, I didn't think I had a weak schedule at all. My mistake was not scheduling some 10-3 human teams from the middle of the pack or smaller conferences to 'pad' my schedule a bit. But I never like to challenge a small school team that has absolutely no chance to beat us for the sake of making the schedule look better. To be honest, I never dreamt we would win our conference, let alone be in the discussion for the NC.

But we kicked Nebraska's *** up and down the field. Head to head matchups should mean a lot more than wins over Marshall and Toledo if we are trying to simulate real life situations. We have the best team in Camp, and I have the box score to prove it.

And you elites with RS Senior QB's love to challenge us mid-range programs when we have a Freshman on deck. Keep my name in your rolodex Ebbets, we'll gladly do business next season.
Will do, and I wasn't necessarily trying to call you out.

FWIW, I honestly don't look at how a team looks next season when I challenge them.  I saw that you had a pretty good ranking, so I figured you might be willing to take on an elite.  Arizona State actually ended up taking up that game slot, so we'll see how we fare against your rival.
5/29/2015 4:14 PM
◂ Prev 12
Being Robbed of National Title Shot by WIS Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.