Knight World (D3) - Season 85 Topic

Wish I had set up at least two solid matches though. The fear now will be finishing well and then getting bounced in the first round lol
7/17/2015 10:22 PM
Can't believe I forgot about my midseason report.

Been busy except for today which I have done absolutely nothing until I checked the forums.

Midseason report:

Final Four Prediction Check Up

Franklin – taggl

13-0 RPI 1 SOS 3

Probably the easiest pick ever, we all knew they were going to a notch above everyone and they have been, racking up wins over the rpi teams: 3, 4, 8, 14, 15, 28, 40, 51, 58, and 80 in non-conf.  Conf play has added in a win against #5 RPI team.  Taggl is not just winning these games, he destroying these talented teams.  Nothing but double digit victories and the closest was 10 points to a 21 point underdog in Ferrum.  16 points against the #3 rpi team and 13 over the #4 rpi team.  That’s taking it to the next level.  Still from here on out, any loss is a disappointment, this is a 35-0 type season.  I could see Manchesters getting in an upset, but it would still be surprising.

Colorado – ldmnh

12-2 RPI 2 SOS 1

Another easy pick the way the seasons have been going for ld.  Keeping it up this season means 4 of the past 5 seasons have been #1 or #2 rpi.  Conf play will be tough with uatte now having Tex Tyler reaching new heights, giving another fb/press team to make the S. Cal the most talented conference in D3 Knight.

Manchester – mattsert24

13-0 RPI 13 SOS 64

Not as dominating in the rpi/sos as the previous two, but has surely proven to be a team geared for a big run, with a few more games that will fully tell us how good the season can be(taggl x2 and malice1).

Mississippi College – deuce_duece

13-1 RPI 8 SOS 18

A great win knocking Colorado from the unbeaten ranks, shows that they belong with the tier 1 teams.  A loss like that to Franklin is really just taggl showing off how amazing his team is, really nothing that worries me about that result.  Conf play however should hinder MC a bit as the RPI/SOS should drop making this team end up I’d say as a 3 seed come seeding even at 28-1 and a top 10 ranking.

Keeping it that way too.

Other big time schools

• La Grange – citizenkyle2 13-1 RPI 9 SOS 28
  • Curry – piman34 12-1 RPI 11 SOS 43
  • Greensboro – worldofnoah 10-3 RPI 4 SOS 2
Familiar names, probably 1 step down the ladder right now, or on their way up to that next rung:
  • Pomona Pitzer – kbates1948 12-1 RPI 3 SOS 6
  • Texas Tyler – uatte 11-3 RPI 10 SOS 13
  • Webster – fungun10 RPI 6 SOS 17
  • West Minister (PA) – malice1 11-3 RPI 5 SOS 5
New on the block(world or overall):
  • Rochester Tech – d_noonan 12-1 RPI 7 SOS 11
  • Keene St – beachhouse 13-0 RPI 32 SOS 212
  • CSU Eastbay – crushthebean 11-3 RPI 18 SOS 24
There are a few other teams worth mentioning, but that would def make it too long of a read, you know who they are.

Personally pretty content with McMurray with my 6-0-6(I guess 6-0-5 with a walk-on) being juniors/freshmen I was expecting about the results I’m getting, talented enough for a NT bid, but 1st round exit.  As I finishing developing my juniors and get my freshmen starting to grow to be ready to compete for a 2nd round/S16 run next season.  I’m a bit weak ath/def and no real per threats for now, but I’ve got real good spd/bh/pas in my guards and some elite reb/sb big men.  Sadly I’ve been a bit disappointed with Texas recruiting def a bit overrated, maybe because I’m not near any of the big TX cities, but recruits are pretty distanced and pulling down even with 6 schollies can be tough because of that distance.
7/22/2015 12:43 AM
Franklin only lost to the (currently) 7th ranked DII by 13 in the preseason...
7/22/2015 2:06 PM
don't think anybody is touching Franklin this season....by far the best team on paper, and performance
7/22/2015 4:14 PM
Yeah, Taggl is winning it and he deserves it. He has an amazing team. Ferrum only lost by 10 pts. We are coming on, Watch us in the next years.
7/22/2015 7:57 PM
Well taggl just demolished mattster24 which was supposed to be the toughest conference games,

What do you guys think of Pomona Pitzer, just had a statement game by beating Colorado.  only lost to franklin
7/23/2015 7:47 PM
It's a long season and anything can happen. Pomona is a really good team and a team that could go a long way. Just like every season there will be a handful of talented teams that need just a little bit of luck! Fingers are crossed here!
7/23/2015 10:02 PM
I can't get a gauge on my team at all. The conference play brings my sos down, but I think I had some solid wins in non-conference. I guess it'll be interesting.
7/24/2015 9:43 AM
You are def up there talent wise however seeding is going to be a ***** to you. That just makes you look like a "cinderalla" team though, unless you get a 12-16 seed you should be fine to get to the 2nd round easily if not the S16
7/24/2015 10:55 AM
It is hard to believe Garner went from 14 PER to 100.
7/24/2015 12:03 PM
That is crazy beachhouse....never seen such a dramatic increase, and to the point that he maxed out in that category. It's funny, he went from shooting 1, 3 pt shot in season 1, to 35 in season 2, and then 465 by his third season. lol
7/24/2015 1:25 PM
Yeah, I couldn't have him even attempting a 3 ball until after that second year lol.
7/24/2015 7:36 PM
I think Colorado could present a realistic challenge to Franklin for a back to back title. Wild guess is that those two end up in the title game
7/25/2015 4:11 PM
Don't look now but I think Webster is a team that could play a big part in who wins it....that team should also be in everyone's f4 predictions next season....nice team!
7/25/2015 8:40 PM
Sort of called the manchester upset or at least said they had the best chance left.  A little surprising but again they had one of the best shots and the zone neutralizer against fouls.  Should be interesting both are F4 teams and could meet again in the CT and the NT.

I could see the NT getting crazy with all the 1-3 loss teams out there.
7/27/2015 12:59 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Knight World (D3) - Season 85 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.