CF fielding ratings Topic

I seldom run across a player that I think could play both CF/3B(mostly because that guy ends up at 2nd).    A guy like Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Cap Kreuter is a good example.   He's been pretty good at all 3 but I've mostly used him at 2B because he produces a lot of + plays there.   My plan is to move him to 3B this season because my 3B has declining range.

For the most part, I think CF/3B are of equal importance.   The 3B will get about 100 more opportunities in a season but a missed opp in CF usually results in extra bases.   If I had to decide whether to put Cap Kreuter at 3B or CF, I'd put him at 3B.  100 opps are quite a few.   I'd seek a higher range for CF.
9/16/2015 2:04 PM
Posted by begonias on 9/16/2015 1:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/16/2015 9:07:00 AM (view original):
Yeah, that's how I decided RF was the best place for the failed C.   All leagues are different but they'll fall in this average range for RF.

2B - 4.8
3B - 3.2
SS - 5.3
LF - 1.9
CF - 2.4
RF - 1.3

All else being equal (which rarely happens), do you think you should place the better fielder at 3B rather than CF? Obviously, AS and AA are more important at 3B, but I've always assumed Range was a crucial rating for CF, and CF was more important than 3B. If Range matters more at 3B, that would change my thoughts about the WiS version of the defensive spectrum. (I don't have a problem right now ... among my 2B/CF/3B, only one has a good arm, so it's easy to pick the 3B, but I'm talking an overall approach.)
To me, the threshold for an adequate CF is higher than for 3B, so while they might have equal importance in terms of chances, one position is fundamentally harder to fill, imo.

But also, don't underestimate the + plays you can get with a cannon armed CF.
9/16/2015 2:41 PM
Thanks. I put a lot of importance on +/-, and tend to use that as a guide to whether I have a player in the best position.
9/16/2015 2:44 PM
◂ Prev 12
CF fielding ratings Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.