Should KC plunk Bautista because he's a jerk? Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 10/17/2015 8:30:00 AM (view original):
You get redlined because you NEVER add anything pertinent to the discussion.    You follow me around like a puppy looking for attention.   It's boring and you're uninteresting. 

If there's anything in that post relating to the unwritten rules of baseball, Bautista's bat flip or possible retaliation, please point it out.    If not, you now know why I redline your posts. 

My post is equally as relevant to baseball as your name-calling and belittling. Sorry if you don't understand that, but I even used a baseball analogy for you. Please, please explain how there's any difference at all between what I'm doing to you (which you obviously can't handle) and what you're advocating Kansas City do to Bautista. Being a jerk has it's price no matter where you do it. BTW, you redline this (temporarily, since it too will be allowed to remain after review) and I'll continue to repost the exact same thing until you answer. (This is post #2.) One, just one, half-hearted attempt to try to explain yourself and I'll stop making you look foolish. How is being a jerk on the field any different than being a jerk in the Forums?
10/17/2015 11:33 AM
Bautista still one of my favorite players
10/17/2015 1:49 PM
Well, the point really wasn't if KC should hit Bautista.  It's not their issue.   I just found it odd that no one had mentioned his showboating.   A moment of joy is one thing but he seemed to cross a line somewhere in there.   I'm guessing he sees some high and tight next year in Texas. 
10/17/2015 1:58 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/17/2015 8:30:00 AM (view original):
You get redlined because you NEVER add anything pertinent to the discussion.    You follow me around like a puppy looking for attention.   It's boring and you're uninteresting. 

If there's anything in that post relating to the unwritten rules of baseball, Bautista's bat flip or possible retaliation, please point it out.    If not, you now know why I redline your posts. 

My post is equally as relevant to baseball as your name-calling and belittling. Sorry if you don't understand that, but I even used a baseball analogy for you. Please, please explain how there's any difference at all between what I'm doing to you (which you obviously can't handle) and what you're advocating Kansas City do to Bautista. Being a jerk has it's price no matter where you do it. BTW, you redline this (temporarily, since it too will be allowed to remain after review) and I'll continue to repost the exact same thing until you answer. (This is #3.) One, just one, half-hearted attempt to try to explain yourself and I'll stop making you look foolish. How is being a jerk on the field any different than being a jerk in the Forums?
10/17/2015 2:10 PM
As a Blue Jay fan I felt what he did was a little over the top.  Granted you have to give a guy a little, due to it being a deciding game and a big hit etc etc.  I've seen 'showboating' by pitchers in the reg. season that is about equal to that bat flip etc. The problem I've got with that is in the AL, there is no way to get 'payback'

All that said, as somebody who has pitched his share...yea I think I'd send a message next time he got in the box against me. Something inside about shoulder height. 

I think players today are FAR too sensitive about being hit.  Heck pitching inside is part of the game, I'm not talking about payback etc. You have to make a batter respect that area of the strike zone.. As pitcher when you go inside, if you miss your spot..you want to miss further inside. That means you may hit the odd batter. It's not deliberate etc and shouldn't be a need for 'payback'. Just part of the game. As pitcher, it's even better if I can get him a little nervous about getting hit.

10/17/2015 6:33 PM
Bautista makes the game fun and exciting to watch. I wish more players were like him.
10/17/2015 7:16 PM
Act like you've been there before.  The game's not about you.
10/17/2015 8:47 PM
No, it literally is about the players.
10/17/2015 10:19 PM
No.  It's about the team.

Literally.

10/17/2015 10:29 PM
I doubt anyone on the Jays has a problem with Bautista.
10/17/2015 10:46 PM
I'm sure that Jays fans don't have a problem with him, either.

Grandstanding and drawing attention to yourself is still childish.  Perhaps if there were an advanced stat for that, you'd understand.

10/17/2015 11:08 PM
Baseball is supposed to be fun to watch. Bautista is fun.
10/17/2015 11:27 PM
EARWIG IS ABOUT TO CREAMED AGAIN. BAD_LUCK SHOULD TIE ONE HAND BEHIND HIS BACK, MAKE IT FAIR.
10/18/2015 4:53 AM
WAR is always the point of any BL's comment.   After that homer, Bautista's WAR went up.    Fireworks and a parade were called for according to BL.
10/18/2015 8:16 AM
Sounds like BL stares and drools when somebody dangles shiny things in front of his face.
10/18/2015 8:35 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...106 Next ▸
Should KC plunk Bautista because he's a jerk? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.