Red Sux over Indians
Rangers over Orioles
Nationals over Dodgers
Cubs over Giants

Red Sux over Rangers
Cubs over Nats
Cubs over Red Sux in the WS
10/3/2016 5:26 PM
Man, everyone thinks the Os beat the Jays? No way.
10/3/2016 5:52 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/3/2016 5:20:00 PM (view original):
Jays/Mets

Rangers/Indians/Cubs/Dodgers

Indians/Dodgers

Indians - Lebron wears Yankee hat at clincher
Lebron wears Yankee hat at clincher

+10000
10/3/2016 5:53 PM
Wildcard Games

AL

I had the Jays until they announced that Stroman was starting. Aside from one bad start against Oakland, basically all of his struggles this season have come against Boston and Baltimore. Feels like a weird choice. Tillman also hasn't been 100% physically right since his return. I have the Orioles winning anyway.

NL
My gut says the Mets win this one, but my brain think the Giants pull it off. I'm going to go with my brain this time and pick Bumgarner to pick up yet another postseason win.

Division Series
O's over Rangers
- long tough series, but the Orioles win in 6. Rangers may be the weakest team I can remember to have home field advantage through the playoffs. Their ridiculous 1-run record has propped them up massively; their +8 run differential is easily the worst of any playoff team. Those kinds of things tend to not hold up in the postseason. Jays would beat them even more soundly if they win tonight.

Red Sox over Indians - The Red Sox are playing great right now. The Indians look like an SLB team that wins in the regular season and doesn't hold up in the playoffs - balanced rotation and a solid but unspectacular offense. Shortening their rotation doesn't help them as much as it helps everyone else. I don't see how they can hold up against the Boston powerhouse.

Dodgers over Nationals - This is the toughest of these series for me to figure out. The teams are similar in a lot of ways. I think this time Kershaw looks good in the postseason and the Dodgers win in 7.

Giants over Cubs - As David Schoenfield's column yesterday aptly pointed out, the best regular season teams don't have a great track record in October in recent years. Since the beginning of the Wild Card era in 1995 they've only won 4 titles. I think the pressure gets to the Cubs and they lose another long series. I hope I'm wrong, though. I don't really care about the Cubs, but their fans deserve a least an exciting playoff run.

LCS
Red Sox over Orioles - I don't even see this being competitive. The Red Sox are a much, much better team than any of the AL competition right now. 5 games.

Giants over Dodgers - What can I say, it's an even-numbered year. The Dodgers and Nationals both have a strong recent history of postseason mediocrity, so whoever wins that tough series gets beat by the Giants. Maybe 5 games, maybe 6, but it never really feels competitive. If the Mets beat the Giants tomorrow, though, the Dodgers get through them here.

World Series
Red Sox over Giants
- Even year magic comes up just a little bit short this time and Big Papi gets to ride into the sunset on top, Jerome Bettis style.
10/4/2016 7:19 PM
Tweet of the year - "What ya think Showalter said 2 Jiminez during mound visit? "Throw Eddie a batting practice fastball, he'll never see it coming""

Yeah so way to go there leaving Jiminez in. The whole "closer" mentality worked there.
Season on the line? Check.
Ace closer available to pitch? Check.
Did we see him in the highest leverage situation possible? No.

I bet Fingers, Goose, Quiz, or Hoyt would have been in there.
10/5/2016 6:00 AM
ONLY THE JUICE + DAHSDEBATER GOT BOTH WILD CARDS RIGHT
10/6/2016 8:35 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/3/2016 5:20:00 PM (view original):
Jays/Mets

Rangers/Indians/Cubs/Dodgers

Indians/Dodgers

Indians - Lebron wears Yankee hat at clincher
Stupid Mets.
10/6/2016 8:41 AM
not sure you can call all the Mets stupid. mainly just Terry Collins.
10/6/2016 12:00 PM
Posted by bronxcheer on 10/6/2016 8:35:00 AM (view original):
I didn't. I would have if Stroman hadn't started... I really expected him to give up 4 runs.
10/6/2016 12:57 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 10/6/2016 12:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bronxcheer on 10/6/2016 8:35:00 AM (view original):
I didn't. I would have if Stroman hadn't started... I really expected him to give up 4 runs.
You also might have if Showalter wasn't an idiot.
10/6/2016 1:00 PM
Yep

Rangers in 5 over the Jays (Odor wins again in rematch by TKO over Joey Bats)
Red Sox in 4 over the Indians

Cubs in 4 over the Giants
Nationals in 5 over the Dodgers

10/6/2016 1:57 PM
DAHSDEBATER GETS 2ND PLACE TIEBREAKER FER BEING AN HONEST INJUN. THE JUICE WINS ROUND 1
10/6/2016 2:08 PM
STANDINGS

THE JUICE---- 2-0
DAHSDEBATER--- 1-1
CRESTEN--- 1-1
SJPOKER----- 1-1
TODDCOMMISH--- 1-1
MANGYCOYOTE-- 1-1
MIKETITTY23---- 1-1

BAD_LUCK------ NOT ACTIVE UNTIL LCS'S( NOT ELIGIBLE FOR GRAND PRIZE)
AGINOR-----------NOT ACTIVE UNTIL CURRENT ROUND( NOT ELIGIBLE FOR GRAND PRIZE)

10/7/2016 6:18 PM (edited)
This is the Cubs year and anyone who can not see that has **** for brains.
10/7/2016 6:00 PM
Posted by aginor on 10/6/2016 1:57:00 PM (view original):
Yep

Rangers in 5 over the Jays (Odor wins again in rematch by TKO over Joey Bats)
Red Sox in 4 over the Indians

Cubs in 4 over the Giants
Nationals in 5 over the Dodgers

Boy I suck! Got both of the AL series wrong.......
10/11/2016 3:28 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
@PLAYOFF PREDICTION THREAD@ Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.