Anyone Skeptical Topic

Redline that one too.
11/8/2017 11:11 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by thewizard17 on 11/7/2017 11:00:00 PM (view original):
With the future of WIS.

Seems like the same old song and dance with seble. His last post was on 8/19. Probably not a good sign when people have questions, yet there has been no response in that thread since. This is the same guy that was supposed to be in charge of HD and he disappeared for 5 years. Anyone else skeptical?

**I didn't read the entire thread, apologies if this has been brought up already**

The impression that I got from the announcement was that seble would be solely responsible for running all WIS games. That's a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if he spent time working on GD before HD, especially since HD just got a huge update relatively recently.
11/8/2017 12:06 PM
Posted by thewizard17 on 11/8/2017 10:58:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/8/2017 10:48:00 AM (view original):
But, if you want something relevant, they didn't buy WifS to lose money or let it fail 6 months later. Just because SportsHub isn't telling you when Joe the Accountant takes a smoke break doesn't mean they've forgotten you. They're a business that we know virtually nothing about. WifS might be small potatoes to them right now and they may have more pressing matters. The "Is this game going away?" posts are nonsense. Use. Your. Brain.
God you are f****** thick. Just when I thought you couldn't get any dumber.

Nobody is complaining.

If I'm running a business, especially considering there are several disgruntled paying customers, I'm going to keep those people in the loop and let them know what's going on. Considering their past history, keeping people in the dark isn't the best strategy. There were coaches that had questions for seble in that thread that he posted over 2 and a half months ago. And guess what Einstein? If WIS is small potatoes to Sports Hub, how is that good news when we had the same issues with Fox Sports?
thecheater17 has a point here. They are not doing much to retain the current user base that has been waiting for months, even years for bug fixes to be addressed. Hopefully Seble has been able to assemble a small to make improvements on the many different Sim Games on here.
But it wouldn't hurt for them post a very high level agenda of their plans. We can only continue to guess where HD lies on their list of priorities.
11/8/2017 12:19 PM
If you're fed up with the "lack of communication" or "lack of attention", you're already gone. WifS games have not received steady attention for YEARS. WifS users have not received steady communication for YEARS. If those things concern you, you're not complaining about those over the last 2 1/2 months. Unless there was some magical breaking point that was crossed in those 2 1/2 months.
11/8/2017 12:53 PM
Sometimes. I do not know what you are defending Mike, really don't
11/8/2017 1:02 PM
Personally, I am not fed up. I am content with how the game runs as-is. I am just perplexed with how CS chooses how to communicate with their customers. It takes all of 5 minutes to design a list of priorities without addressing any sort of timeline for completion. This would probably work wonders in maintaining users like thecheater17. But honestly, it makes me curious what their full time employees spend their days doing besides resolving tickets - "As Designed".
11/8/2017 1:03 PM
Posted by zagsrulez on 11/8/2017 1:03:00 PM (view original):
Personally, I am not fed up. I am content with how the game runs as-is. I am just perplexed with how CS chooses how to communicate with their customers. It takes all of 5 minutes to design a list of priorities without addressing any sort of timeline for completion. This would probably work wonders in maintaining users like thecheater17. But honestly, it makes me curious what their full time employees spend their days doing besides resolving tickets - "As Designed".
The idea that it would take 5 minutes to design a list of priorities is laughable. Imagine for a moment you are put in charge of all paying WIS games: all SimLeagues and all Dynasty games. What changes are you going to make to each game? Will you merely tweak a game here and there or will you overhaul it? Which changes can completed the fastest? Which changes are most likely to revive the user base for that game? How do you schedule the updates to fit with advertising plans? There are a lot of variables involved.

I would not be surprised if seble and ownership are still answering these questions internally. If I were in their shoes, I would spend a lot of time coming up with a coordinated plan to update the games rather than responding ad hoc to complaints made in forums.

11/8/2017 1:16 PM
zorzi, I'm not "defending" anyone. I just don't think "lack of communication" is a big deal. We either buy the game or we don't. If you require more communication from the providers of the game, protest with a lack of giving them money.

zags, the last time they said they were going to do something, we got a new thread every other day that pointed out that nothing was done. The user base loves to complain. About something. About anything. But they don't go away. They're not fed up with a "lack of communication", they just like to complain.

grimace, well said, +1, or whatever these folks say to agree with a post.
11/8/2017 1:22 PM
Are you sure the users don't go away?
11/8/2017 1:26 PM
Posted by grimacedance on 11/8/2017 1:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zagsrulez on 11/8/2017 1:03:00 PM (view original):
The idea that it would take 5 minutes to design a list of priorities is laughable. Imagine for a moment you are put in charge of all paying WIS games: all SimLeagues and all Dynasty games. What changes are you going to make to each game? Will you merely tweak a game here and there or will you overhaul it? Which changes can completed the fastest? Which changes are most likely to revive the user base for that game? How do you schedule the updates to fit with advertising plans? There are a lot of variables involved.

I would not be surprised if seble and ownership are still answering these questions internally. If I were in their shoes, I would spend a lot of time coming up with a coordinated plan to update the games rather than responding ad hoc to complaints made in forums.

Exactly why I said HIGH LEVEL without addressing a timeline for completion. I am a developer for an IT company, we do this all the time before making estimates according the level of effort necessary to complete. They know which games are in the most need of attention. Someone earlier in this thread said that WIS is ALREADY implementing fixes for other games. So I am confident that this list of priorities has already been made. Again I said HIGH LEVEL, it really does take 5 minutes. See below:

1. Sim League Updates
2. Dynasty Game Updates
3. Sim Matchup Updates

and then going more low level as more research is done

1. Sim League Updates
a. Sim League Game #1 (sorted by most need of attention)
b Sim League Game #2
c. Sim League Game #3
2. Dynasty Game Updates
a. GD
b. HD
c. Dynasty Game Update #3
3. Sim Matchup
a. Sim Matchup #1
b. Sim Matchup #2
c. Sim Matchup #3.

And as more research is done

1. Sim League Updates
a. Sim League Game #1 (sorted by most need of attention)
I. Sim League Feature #1
II. Sim League Feature #2
b. Sim League Game #2
I. Sim League Game #2 Feature #1
II. Sim League Game Feature #2
c. Sim League Game #3
I. Sim League Game #3 Feature #1

etc..

11/8/2017 1:32 PM
I didn't say user don't go away. I said if lack of communication and/or attention is a problem, I'm not exactly sure why the last 2+ months is enough to cause the current userbase to leave. Lack of communication/attention has been a problem since Tarek sold the site.
11/8/2017 1:33 PM
I'll add that I felt the Tarek people were too open to communication. It set a bar that most companies can't/won't live up to. Could be why the long-time users on this site are so whiny.
11/8/2017 1:35 PM
Posted by Benis on 11/8/2017 1:26:00 PM (view original):
Are you sure the users don't go away?
Don't you do population numbers every so often? Has the number of HD users been going up or declining?
11/8/2017 1:42 PM
I messaged the original WIS owner Tarek today and he just said that Seble is trying to figure out the next steps. So apparently he's still trying to determine what he's going to do. I know that Seble wants this site to succeed. I understand where people are frustrated. Everyone wants updates. But if Seble is still in the process of determining an order of what needs to be done, there's really nothing to update. And let's face it... if he came out and updated everyone by saying, "It's been several months and I still don't have a blueprint established on what to do next" people would get even angrier.
11/8/2017 2:49 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...10 Next ▸
Anyone Skeptical Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.