IBA D3 Thread Topic

So what are your thoughts about the bracket? I'm looking at a very tough 2nd round matchup with either Redlands or MCLA, and seeing Linfield and Marietta in my side of the bracket does not fill my confidence bucket for an extended run. Still going to Pete Rose it and bet on myself, but my final four now after seeing the pairings is:

Midwest: Elmhurst
East: Illinois Wesleyan
South: Occidental
North: Wittenberg

Who do you all have?
7/12/2018 8:14 AM
Here are my picks. Go UWP!

Midwest: Elmhurst - This was my preseason pick and they have not disappointed.
East: Willamette - Here is my Cinderella pick. I think this is the easiest sectional and Willamette is no joke. I can't figure out how Mary Hardin-Baylor has a 12 SOS. I don't believe it was that tough especially given there conference schedule. I see Illinois Wesleyan losing to Colorado opening up the door for a good lower seed to get in.
South: Occidental - Only two losses are on the road against great opponents by 2 and 1 points. 2-0 against Colorado this year.
North: Wittenberg - This team is definitely better than a 5 seed. Only loss on the season comes to my tourney favorite Elmhurst.

Championship: Elmhurst vs Occidental
Champion: Elmhurst

Sleepers: Wabash (7), UW-Platteville (8), Redlands (8), Macalester (12)
7/12/2018 12:19 PM
Congrats to the Final Four! Also props to Dickinson for the complete and utter destruction of my guards in the Elite 8. They showed no quarter in crushing Elmhurst!
7/16/2018 8:16 AM
I was definitely shocked win I saw that score. Either way congrats on a great season!
7/16/2018 9:32 AM
Thats what makes this game both fun and frustrating in that there is ever the opportunity for the unpredictable.

Go SCIA!
7/16/2018 9:49 AM
Posted by gente002 on 7/12/2018 12:19:00 PM (view original):

East: Willamette - Here is my Cinderella pick. I think this is the easiest sectional and Willamette is no joke. I can't figure out how Mary Hardin-Baylor has a 12 SOS. I don't believe it was that tough especially given there conference schedule. I see Illinois Wesleyan losing to Colorado opening up the door for a good lower seed to get in.
South: Occidental - Only two losses are on the road against great opponents by 2 and 1 points. 2-0 against Colorado this year.
North: Wittenberg - This team is definitely better than a 5 seed. Only loss on the season comes to my tourney favorite Elmhurst.

Wabash was a sleeper alright... slept right through the opening round game! LOL.
7/16/2018 12:35 PM
Posted by davis on 7/16/2018 12:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gente002 on 7/12/2018 12:19:00 PM (view original):

Wabash was a sleeper alright... slept right through the opening round game! LOL.
Yeah, my sleeper picks did not really pan out. They went 2-4 in the tourney :(.

Now that we have a Final Four, here are my updated picks. Good luck to all 4 teams!

Predictions
Colorado over Dickinson
Occidental over CMHMS

Championship Game
Occidental over Colorado
7/16/2018 1:14 PM
Dickinson just beat favorite Elmhurst by 40 and you're picking Colorado? Are you currently high ?? ?
7/16/2018 9:24 PM
There was a smiley face emoji that turned in 2 question marks in my last post for some unknown reason.
7/16/2018 9:25 PM
I've learned to never bet against you piman. Definitely not a gimme but if I had to put money on it, Colorado wins.
7/16/2018 10:00 PM
The silver lining of a first-round exit: if I was in the Final Four, the suspense would be killing me!
7/18/2018 4:27 PM
Posted by davis on 7/18/2018 4:27:00 PM (view original):
The silver lining of a first-round exit: if I was in the Final Four, the suspense would be killing me!
Yeah it was weird bc for a couple days it was that and then the last day or 2 I just wanted to hurry up and get it over with
7/20/2018 12:21 PM
Well, that was the best D3 team I’ll ever put together lol. Maybe shouldn’t have redshirted Buteau (from an earlier post here) last season
7/20/2018 12:22 PM
Posted by zemedlin on 7/20/2018 12:22:00 PM (view original):
Well, that was the best D3 team I’ll ever put together lol. Maybe shouldn’t have redshirted Buteau (from an earlier post here) last season
Congrats on the great season!
7/20/2018 12:31 PM
Posted by gente002 on 7/20/2018 12:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zemedlin on 7/20/2018 12:22:00 PM (view original):
Congrats on the great season!
Thanks!!!

if we were going to do a way too early Final Four predictions thing for next season, I see more than this, but at least 3 strong elite 8 candidates in Muskingum, Mississippi College and Linfield. As for the SCIA, I see my protégée at Texas, Tyler, hitmonjake (and Redlands being great too) overthrowing all 3 of us Final Four teams, but I could be one year ahead of myself since he currently has no juniors. And also probably shouldn’t speak for reynin and piman because they’ve proved to have tricks up their sleeves
7/20/2018 3:39 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
IBA D3 Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.