WHAT IF i told you... Topic

What if The Ringer bought this damn site please
6/13/2020 10:21 PM
yeah, that would be all right - maybe Russell would finally get his just desserts
6/13/2020 10:23 PM
Posted by benhoidal on 6/13/2020 10:15:00 PM (view original):
Episode 1: Beginnings
Intro, Bill Simmons, Life before the update, types of leagues, highlight different themes, lots of quotes from NBA players

Episode 2: The Ballad of Sable and the Monkee
monkee, emonk, felonious, copernicus... etc. Introduction to sable and admin/program deficiencies, Bill Russell and Troy Murphy quotes galore, Doc Rivers finally living up to his "DeAndre Jordan is a better defender than Bill Russell" quote

Episode 3: 2012 update
Advanced stats, What changed? Old lineup blueprint -> new lineup blueprints, AI quotes, Hassan Whiteside

Episode 4: Open League Heroes
Records, abdrondon, jlg (6 minutes in Hell, State Farm), introduce ashamael, benhoidal, lots of others, LeBron vs MJ, intoduce kinoa1

Episode 5: ashamael
ODL dominance, Charles Barkley quotes all over the place, wins record, 98 death threat, State Farm,

Episode 6: Progressive Leagues
What they are, different types, records and champions

Episode 7: benhoidal
Open league riser, progressive leagues, WIS version of The Process, F*ck the Mets, LOB issue, slashtc threatens family, admin ineptitude, 82-0, wins record

Episode 8: ODL/DH52
Best teams/owners, Facts and trivia, Wilt vs. LeBron (ODL), introduce robusk

Episode 9: robusk/kinoa1
New kings of WIS

Episode 10: Savage part 1
Meet the owners, The draft

Episode 11: Savage part 2
The season, the Savage King

Looking for more episodes and to fill in current episodes. Feel free to add to or bash anything I wrote.
btw I think it would be fitting if they shot monkee in blackout and with voice box distortion like they do in mob story/true crime shows where the witness doesnt want to be ID'd

"please show us on this doll where seble touched you..."
6/13/2020 10:44 PM (edited)
Origins of the TEPL, maybe?

NickYoungcelebratesa3.gif
6/13/2020 10:41 PM
tepl would be covered in episode 6...f*cking jkaye is gonna steal all my shine during that segment

speaking of episode 6...zizzo needs to be the lead right? dudes a legend

episode 7 would be...interesting? ben you might come out of that one looking like carole baskin
6/13/2020 10:59 PM
#BuffaloBuffaloes4ever
#thelegacyremains
#imstillsoreashell
#notreallyimovedonawhileago
6/13/2020 11:01 PM
Posted by dh555 on 6/13/2020 10:59:00 PM (view original):
tepl would be covered in episode 6...f*cking jkaye is gonna steal all my shine during that segment

speaking of episode 6...zizzo needs to be the lead right? dudes a legend

episode 7 would be...interesting? ben you might come out of that one looking like carole baskin
Updating as we go.

I actually think I end up coming out alright. I think people give me the MJ is competitive as Hell benefit of the doubt. Definitely come across as a shark, (which is fine as it is definitely true) but I would come out of the whole slash thing nicely. Scott would get fired if everything there came out (and if the 98/ash stuff came out with it), so monkee would end up the winner of Episode 2. Everyone wins.

6/13/2020 11:08 PM
98 would be the guy on the jet ski
6/13/2020 11:10 PM
ben i appreciate the mention in episode 6 but theres way more deserving names...ive only been in about 5-6? progressives

however i do need that air time in episode 8...

"jakotay,ncih,kfunk(others?)...they started and the continued the longest running theme in WIS - the draft league...but it was one mans vision who shaped them into the draft leagues we know and love today...someone brave and bold enough to question things like, why does the champion pick 24th every season? and why do i have to start one of my drafted players?...that man was 3 time odl champion and 6 time 52mil champion, the very humble, dh555"

6/13/2020 11:39 PM
this is kind of unrelated but do you guys know about The History of the Seattle Mariners series on YouTube?

The "introduce robusk" bit reminded me of it. What a crazy team. Finally realized that "seapilots" is a reference to the Seattle Pilots, one of the most meme-worthy teams ever
6/13/2020 11:47 PM
I'm just filling it in as I think of things. I'm sure I am missing loads of people (Especially pre-2012). Fill in anything you can think of.
6/13/2020 11:47 PM
Posted by benhoidal on 6/13/2020 11:47:00 PM (view original):
I'm just filling it in as I think of things. I'm sure I am missing loads of people (Especially pre-2012). Fill in anything you can think of.
it just keeps getting better...well done ben

i especially like the hidden gems part...one of the weirdest things about all of this...how the players take on a life of their own here

btw tarheel, while a legend, is definitely not new
6/13/2020 11:52 PM
Posted by bds9992 on 6/13/2020 11:47:00 PM (view original):
this is kind of unrelated but do you guys know about The History of the Seattle Mariners series on YouTube?

The "introduce robusk" bit reminded me of it. What a crazy team. Finally realized that "seapilots" is a reference to the Seattle Pilots, one of the most meme-worthy teams ever
ooooohhh i feel stupid now
6/13/2020 11:53 PM
Posted by dh555 on 6/13/2020 11:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bds9992 on 6/13/2020 11:47:00 PM (view original):

ooooohhh i feel stupid now
It only took me five years to think of it!
6/13/2020 11:54 PM
Daughter finally fell asleep, so I'm going to hit the hay while I can here. Hoping to wake up tomorrow to a bunch of great episode content from you guys!
6/13/2020 11:57 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...7 Next ▸
WHAT IF i told you... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.