$52M Draft LXXIV Commentary Topic

From what I can tell he knows we are on the clock and it looks like he opened the sm. I have Albi's proxy that I can post at 5 but then I have to head to game. I am going to ask that we hold the draft up when we finish round 2 till we see how it plays out.
12/29/2021 12:40 PM
We are nearing the 168 hour mark (that’s one week kids!) and we have made 41 draft picks. (I will pause here so copernicus can say something witty…)

I think what we should do is the following………after someone has been on the clock for a certain number of hours (five?) and still hasn’t made their pick, someone (the commissioner? / a designated person?) will make a post and nominate three logical players for that team. As soon as it is up other people can vote on which player that team receives. The first player to get three votes is the winner and we can move on with the draft. If you don’t like getting a player by league vote then try making a draft pick in less than 17 hours. Or, you could send a few people a proxy. Albi has been good about sending proxies since he lives in Europe.
12/29/2021 2:12 PM
or just give him mark madsen and move on
12/29/2021 2:14 PM
THE FOLLOWING IS ONLY AN EXAMPLE.

Dixon Bainbridge has not made his pick. Please vote on one of these players to join his team.
Votes: 6
(Last vote received: 1/16/2022 11:29 PM)
12/29/2021 2:22 PM
Posted by Midge on 12/29/2021 2:12:00 PM (view original):
We are nearing the 168 hour mark (that’s one week kids!) and we have made 41 draft picks. (I will pause here so copernicus can say something witty…)

I think what we should do is the following………after someone has been on the clock for a certain number of hours (five?) and still hasn’t made their pick, someone (the commissioner? / a designated person?) will make a post and nominate three logical players for that team. As soon as it is up other people can vote on which player that team receives. The first player to get three votes is the winner and we can move on with the draft. If you don’t like getting a player by league vote then try making a draft pick in less than 17 hours. Or, you could send a few people a proxy. Albi has been good about sending proxies since he lives in Europe.
Really don't like this. The three votes are apt to come from owners very close to their next pick so they'll most likely come with a tactical aspect in mind.
Would prefer to skip. Even is the owner doesn't pick for another 24 hours, only 12 players would have been drafted. Not an unreasonable outcome for missing a deadline.
12/29/2021 2:38 PM
so just mark madsen then....

meanwhile - my understanding is that HD is dealing with some **** so I vote we just be chill (as I am sure any of us would wish for in our turn)
12/29/2021 2:53 PM
Posted by copernicus on 12/29/2021 2:53:00 PM (view original):
so just mark madsen then....

meanwhile - my understanding is that HD is dealing with some **** so I vote we just be chill (as I am sure any of us would wish for in our turn)
2nd
12/29/2021 2:55 PM
Agreed. Real life is more important than basketball draft.
12/29/2021 3:53 PM
In the baseball draft, if your time slot has come and gone...you are just skipped and you can pick whenever you'd like afterwards.
12/29/2021 4:32 PM
Posted by Midge on 12/29/2021 3:53:00 PM (view original):
Agreed. Real life is more important than basketball draft.
Absolutely.
12/29/2021 4:32 PM
Well, Wade is a guy who didn't figure into my plans or hopes. I wouldn't have thought there was a chance he'd fall so low and he's not a natural fit with Giannis at all, but I felt ethically obligated to draft him and wing the rest. Usage is definitely set for my starting lineup. And inefficient 3s. I've got a few of those.
12/29/2021 6:03 PM
Redbooda's team is going to lead this league in 3point attempts
12/29/2021 9:04 PM
My cell is 336-402-3695 if anyone needs to text me to make a pick or anything.
12/29/2021 9:18 PM
Posted by longtallbrad on 12/29/2021 6:03:00 PM (view original):
Well, Wade is a guy who didn't figure into my plans or hopes. I wouldn't have thought there was a chance he'd fall so low and he's not a natural fit with Giannis at all, but I felt ethically obligated to draft him and wing the rest. Usage is definitely set for my starting lineup. And inefficient 3s. I've got a few of those.
great start ltb!
12/29/2021 10:12 PM
Wade is an absolute STEAL! Doesn't seem that long ago that he was 1st round, 15-24

I am just sick and tired of my teams shooting 47% from the field, so Wilt & Amare are a good start, 20-21 LaVine to stretch the defenses. D will be questionable but we'll see how it goes.
12/29/2021 11:15 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...9 Next ▸
$52M Draft LXXIV Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.