Where is the community on New Users and Recruiting Topic

Posted by brip87 on 1/13/2022 3:29:00 PM (view original):
I'd rather not take a player who is not good enough then sign crap guys just to fill the roster. I'd prefer a walk on. To get champion ship level players you need to recruit from the opening bell. Sure a few slip through the cracks and you can get some decent guys but not typically. Especially at d3 where your budget is low. In the new game recruiting and team building is key.
This sounds like a fake wardo post
1/13/2022 7:40 PM
Posted by Benis on 1/13/2022 7:40:00 PM (view original):
I'd rather not take a player who is not good enough then sign crap guys just to fill the roster. I'd prefer a walk on. To get champion ship level players you need to recruit from the opening bell. Sure a few slip through the cracks and you can get some decent guys but not typically. Especially at d3 where your budget is low. In the new game recruiting and team building is key.
I don't think so. And I know I'm in the minority, but I agree with brip87

I hate RS2 as it is now. But unlike most, I hate taking over a team that has 6 openings in RS2. I'd prefer a roster of 0 Srs and 6 Jrs (if it was possible to choose that, which it isn't). So many people put so much stress on that first season. I just don't. I know what I'm signing up for. When RS2 starts, there's not even 6 players I find that I'd want! I'd rather just wait for next season instead of signing 6 players in RS2 that are much better than sim signed players, but much worse than I'd get if I just waited for next seasons RS1.

Now, i am a veteran. And I've played for years now. So I know what my options are and what I prefer. As far as whats best for the game, and for new users, it IS a good idea to let them recruit. So they can feel connected to the team somehow. I'm in my 2nd or 3rd season at Auburn in Allen, and I couldn't tell you a single player's name on the team because I only have recruited like 2 of them. So I see both sides of the spectrum.

But PERSONALLY, I'd rather just wait for RS1 next season myself
1/14/2022 3:17 PM
Seble was being pretty disingenuous with the reasoning behind keeping all new players (to a world) from recruiting in RS2. Some of us suggested letting folks choose, related to how we can choose between reserving a job and applying for a job when returning to a world, which would have made the most sense since surely he knew that many “new” players in a given world had played the game before, and were signing up for a 2nd or 3rd or 7th team; which should be what he wanted. Keeping all first time users in a world from recruiting that first season amounts to a big paywall. It’s incentive to pay up for the *next* season, where you will get to actually see your recruits perform.

There is definitely logic behind *letting* brand new players start at the beginning of a season, and *encouraging* them to choose that path rather than trying to scramble to fill a roster in RS2 before they know what they’re doing. But that shouldn’t have been forced on everyone starting out in a world. Another in a line of unforced errors in the rollout of an otherwise very good product.
1/14/2022 5:14 PM
Posted by topdogggbm on 1/14/2022 3:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 1/13/2022 7:40:00 PM (view original):
I don't think so. And I know I'm in the minority, but I agree with brip87

I hate RS2 as it is now. But unlike most, I hate taking over a team that has 6 openings in RS2. I'd prefer a roster of 0 Srs and 6 Jrs (if it was possible to choose that, which it isn't). So many people put so much stress on that first season. I just don't. I know what I'm signing up for. When RS2 starts, there's not even 6 players I find that I'd want! I'd rather just wait for next season instead of signing 6 players in RS2 that are much better than sim signed players, but much worse than I'd get if I just waited for next seasons RS1.

Now, i am a veteran. And I've played for years now. So I know what my options are and what I prefer. As far as whats best for the game, and for new users, it IS a good idea to let them recruit. So they can feel connected to the team somehow. I'm in my 2nd or 3rd season at Auburn in Allen, and I couldn't tell you a single player's name on the team because I only have recruited like 2 of them. So I see both sides of the spectrum.

But PERSONALLY, I'd rather just wait for RS1 next season myself
Oh I'm not saying I disagree with what he said. It was just off topic and had nothing to do with what they OP was talking about or what anyone else was talking about. Came out of left field.
1/14/2022 7:42 PM
◂ Prev 12
Where is the community on New Users and Recruiting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.