Midge52 rosters and commentary Topic

I think his efg historically helped him out, but there's more of an even playing field now. You would have thought his defensive bump would make him even more dominant, but I just haven't seen the results. I almost feel like most successful owners would take AD over him
10/15/2023 10:38 PM
For a player with his usg% and minutes, Dwight doesn’t get as many fga’s as you’d think. And he’s not going to draw anywhere near his real life shooting fouls. He’s a great player. Brad and Ash have won the league with him. I just think there’s a lower ceiling on how many points he’ll give you with 6 usage points. I passed on him because I like to build around a different type of player. Objectively, he should have gone higher.
10/15/2023 11:29 PM
Posted by 24kpyrite on 10/15/2023 10:38:00 PM (view original):
I think his efg historically helped him out, but there's more of an even playing field now. You would have thought his defensive bump would make him even more dominant, but I just haven't seen the results. I almost feel like most successful owners would take AD over him
Different strokes, I guess. AD brings so much to the table but immediately puts you at a rebounding disadvantage. Two of my four title teams in this league were build around Howard. He doesn’t score as much as his advanced stats suggest and he makes more than his share of mistakes but he gives you a head start on so many things. His combination of high efficiency usage, creb% and defense is extremely rare.
10/16/2023 8:28 AM
Was trying to trade up - wasn't successful - and got my guy anyway. That almost never happens.
10/16/2023 10:01 AM
I don’t know about this Stockton/Karl Malone combo
10/16/2023 6:08 PM
not a huge fan of trying to trade out at the last minute
10/16/2023 6:55 PM
especially if you are not going to stick around to manage your transactions
10/16/2023 7:24 PM
Posted by copernicus on 10/16/2023 6:55:00 PM (view original):
not a huge fan of trying to trade out at the last minute
well it is none of your business. jr posted i responded then i was contacted by HDS1 who was trying to help jr who i guess was experencing computer problems. on top of which i was prepareing dinner for my wife and myself which we just completed. the deal did not materalized so i will make the pick.
so my advice to you is to keep your opinions to yourself. this is just a game.
10/16/2023 8:03 PM (edited)
you are the one being selfish with the time (you had access to your computer {wanking motion to your excuses}) and the rest is you being butt hurt for being called out - just my opinion and since this is just a game, go ahead and get over it
10/16/2023 8:07 PM (edited)
You fellows are silly geese.
10/16/2023 8:06 PM
So, back to basketball talk. I unfortunately was busy the day the draft occurred and was given Wilt. I believe I probably would have chosen LeBron, but would not have chosen Wilt. Not sure what season is best to use for him as his high efg seasons have low usage and his high usage seasons are not so high in efg.
10/16/2023 8:38 PM
Too early in the draft for my heart to be broken but here we are. Back to the drawing board.
10/16/2023 8:45 PM
Posted by Jr2325 on 10/16/2023 8:39:00 PM (view original):
So, back to basketball talk. I unfortunately was busy the day the draft occurred and was given Wilt. I believe I probably would have chosen LeBron, but would not have chosen Wilt. Not sure what season is best to use for him as his high efg seasons have low usage and his high usage seasons are not so high in efg.
66-67 is the one you want
10/17/2023 6:37 PM
im thinking it was the towels that caused dwight to drop

we are in the robusk era of building clean teams...definitely seems to work the best

im going with an old school ash era build with dwight/barkley...just gonna hammer everyone with high efg/creb

10/17/2023 6:43 PM
Posted by uptowngbv on 10/15/2023 11:29:00 PM (view original):
For a player with his usg% and minutes, Dwight doesn’t get as many fga’s as you’d think. And he’s not going to draw anywhere near his real life shooting fouls. He’s a great player. Brad and Ash have won the league with him. I just think there’s a lower ceiling on how many points he’ll give you with 6 usage points. I passed on him because I like to build around a different type of player. Objectively, he should have gone higher.
agree about dwight as a scorer...i try to never have him as my highest usg player
10/17/2023 6:45 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Midge52 rosters and commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.