LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Posted by cccp1014 on 2/20/2018 3:07:00 PM (view original):
Parents are the key not school psychologists.
This is what it really comes down to. Promoting an environment that discourages divorce and promotes married couples having children would make a big difference. The facts support this.
2/20/2018 3:14 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 2/20/2018 3:14:00 PM (view original):
This is what it really comes down to. Promoting an environment that discourages divorce and promotes married couples having children would make a big difference. The facts support this.
That is actually true. Easier said than done but it is true.
2/20/2018 3:15 PM
He K'odXXVI........... didn't you mention that you coach a sport at the college level?? If that's so, may I inquire what sport?? what level??
2/20/2018 3:15 PM
Me? No I coach AAU girls hoops.
2/20/2018 3:19 PM
all kids deserve a psychologist if they cant get the help they need at home.
2/20/2018 3:30 PM
No sorry. I meant strikeout.........was trying to be clever............ and failed.............
2/20/2018 3:32 PM
Posted by dino27 on 2/20/2018 2:21:00 PM (view original):
i think you think he is really a hot babe.
I'm pretty sure Bob is not a hot babe.
2/20/2018 3:33 PM
i was talking about cccp and tangplay.
2/20/2018 3:40 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 2/20/2018 2:43:00 PM (view original):
Don't schools already have counselors with psychology degrees? The problem is kids like Cruz aren't going to go see a school psychologist.
He was seeing one until his grandparents died I believe.
2/20/2018 4:16 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/20/2018 3:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 2/20/2018 2:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/20/2018 1:50:00 PM (view original):
The Bell Curve: Intelligence and Class Structure in American Life is a 1994 book by psychologist Richard J. Herrnstein and political scientist Charles Murray, in which the authors argue that human intelligence is substantially influenced by both inherited and environmental factors and that it is a better predictor of many personal dynamics, including financial income, job performance, birth out of wedlock, and involvement in crime than are an individual's parental socioeconomic status.
Boris. Two things. (I think--unless I think of more hahaha)
1. The principle author of the book you refer to has very recently done a series of interviews wherein he explains that the actual "topic" of the book has been misconstrued, misunderstood, and used wrongly by nefarious groups and individuals to promote what he called a "horrid racist ideology" I heard one of those interviews. Thus, from an enlightened and knowledgeable viewpoint your usage of that book and what you THINK it's about is racist itself!!
2. Full disclosure is necessary that I've withheld. I may NOT be a liberal by political ideology BUT my daughters (BOTH of them) definitely are. The eldest one teaches school at a Jewish academy!!! She teaches English and is beloved by her students and her school. She KNOWS quite a bit about Jewish families (all stripes but mostly fairly wealthy as the school yearly tuition is expensive!) She fits in because MOST real Jewish people are extremely liberal philosophically and politically and would NEVER embrace ANY concept that one race is somehow superior to another!!!!

THAT concept was Hitler's!!! and YOU guys were the targets............ don't you get that??????????
It's kinda why I'm a bit suspicious of your supposed character here. A mean angry right wing Jew???? Doesn't add up to me........

But the beer will be a cheap price to pay if I'm wrong and I'm old but I'd bet I can still box some sense into ya.......... hahaha
I am doing this tongue in cheek. If tangplay believes that African Americans are treated as inferior then he should also believe that Jews are treated as superior, right? I am trying to teach the troll that he is wrong.

Ping me for the beer. And save your boxing gloves. I am a friendly dude.
But that is not my argument. My argument is that the disparity that we see in so many aspects as a whole in terms of race is so great that institutional racism must exist. Once you get into 'All African Americans are worse off' then you start to misconstrue the argument.
2/20/2018 4:18 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 2/20/2018 3:14:00 PM (view original):
If only.
2/20/2018 4:19 PM
Nope. I don't follow your argument at all. If one is worse by your stats and one is better by your same stats then there must be reverse racism and Jews are clearly favored. Is that what you are insinuating or are you saying that Jews are just smarter than everyone? Can't have it both ways. You gave an ultimatum on your African American argument and I am playing Devil's Advocate. How is my argument different than yours? Explain.
2/20/2018 4:22 PM
Well, first off religious Jews are not cultural Jews. Cultural Jews are not better off. Anyway, my best guess is that Jews started off working primarily in financial jobs, and because of that most have not fallen into poverty one way or another. Is there not a 'banker Jew' stereotype in this country?
2/20/2018 4:25 PM
There is also a stereotype that white men cannot jump. Do you agree? Most cultural Jews are religious Jews. I am an anomaly. So you are saying that Jews are smarter and better with money than average people? I am just trying to follow YOUR logic here.
2/20/2018 4:30 PM
Correct. And not necessarily, no, on the cultural/religious part. I am saying that my first inference would be that Jews got off to a hot start through financials and passed that through generations. You said that as well, correct? That you wanted your kid to be a banker? I think the religion helps too. Judaism is pretty strict, so it is a decent religion to live by if one wants to be well-off financially.
2/20/2018 4:41 PM
◂ Prev 1...238|239|240|241|242...530 Next ▸
LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.