LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

I'm not saying that no one will ever be shot again with a greater police presence, but the number of casualties would definitely be limited.
2/22/2018 11:33 AM
How limited do you think the casualties would be if there were strict gun control laws in place? I realize the horse is out of the barn but to me it's insanity to think that more guns can help a situation where there's already too many guns.....statistics(which little there are since the NRA has made sure studying gun violence isn't allowed) show otherwise.
2/22/2018 11:36 AM
there are those of us here that dont believe that money to israel is dependant upon who their pres. is.........we are americans that think israel is a great country that gives back to the entire world in tech...medical and medicine advances.....inventions that benefit quality of life.......independent strength.....courage...success against all odds.........teaching how to reuse waste......irrigate arid lands.......protect and lead in anti terrorism.........etc.......no apologies from us.
taint and tangplay can have their opinion......i think taint tries to push my button..i wish your view was different.
i dont agree with israel's stance on more settlements...a lot of american jews knew that things would suffer when the right wing took power in israel......the Palestinians ignored the warnings from many sources that this would happen......at some point Israel did snap........it was almost inevitable that it would happen.
to tangplay and taint you should learn about the issue of the palestinian theory of right of return which has sunk every peace negotiation and is a major reason why israel doesnt even try anymore....it is a waste of time because of that issue....
2/22/2018 11:39 AM (edited)
Posted by strikeout26 on 2/22/2018 11:33:00 AM (view original):
I'm not saying that no one will ever be shot again with a greater police presence, but the number of casualties would definitely be limited.
there is nothing wrong with more police in public places and schools.......but we dont want to ruin the atmosphere of schools by having to go overboard.
2/22/2018 11:41 AM
Posted by The Taint on 2/22/2018 11:36:00 AM (view original):
How limited do you think the casualties would be if there were strict gun control laws in place? I realize the horse is out of the barn but to me it's insanity to think that more guns can help a situation where there's already too many guns.....statistics(which little there are since the NRA has made sure studying gun violence isn't allowed) show otherwise.
I'll do some research later. I'm getting hungry and, at some point, need to get some work done, but I would hypothesize that a larger police presence equates to lower crime. You can't directly relate that to mass shootings, but I'm not sure there's any reliable data that prove a police presence effect on mass shootings.
2/22/2018 11:42 AM
the more police we need then the more gun control we need.
2/22/2018 11:43 AM
Posted by dino27 on 2/22/2018 11:41:00 AM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 2/22/2018 11:33:00 AM (view original):
there is nothing wrong with more police in public places and schools.......but we dont want to ruin the atmosphere of schools by having to go overboard.
The atmosphere in public schools is not in great shape right now anyways, at least with my experience, which I've only worked at one public school. I don't think it would negatively impact the atmosphere. It might possibly even improve it.
2/22/2018 11:44 AM
how much more money should teachers that carry guns in school be paid..$.40,000 more ?.........50, 0000 more ?......if they have to be teachers and sheriffs how much more should they get paid ?
2/22/2018 11:45 AM
Alright, do I go to Bojangles and get fried chicken, subway, or Wendy's?
2/22/2018 11:46 AM
Posted by dino27 on 2/22/2018 11:45:00 AM (view original):
how much more money should teachers that carry guns in school be paid..$.40,000 more ?.........50, 0000 more ?......if they have to be teachers and sheriffs how much more should they get paid ?
What happens when one of them kills the wrong kid? Arrested for murder? Manslaughter? What legal liability do they hold in a civil suit? What liability does the district and state have? This can of worms is a dumb one that does not need to be opened.

That will happen eventually if we go down this path.
2/22/2018 11:48 AM
i dont know bojangles...subway i hate.......wendy'sfood is good but im not crazy about their bun...i prefer a simple basic hamburger bun...their burgers and toppings are awesome
2/22/2018 11:48 AM
Posted by The Taint on 2/22/2018 11:48:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dino27 on 2/22/2018 11:45:00 AM (view original):
What happens when one of them kills the wrong kid? Arrested for murder? Manslaughter? What legal liability do they hold in a civil suit? What liability does the district and state have? This can of worms is a dumb one that does not need to be opened.

That will happen eventually if we go down this path.
agreed.
2/22/2018 11:49 AM
Well, those are the 3 options in Hicksville, GA. Actually Hardee's is another. Bojangles is Cajun style fried chicken.

Im not sure any rational person still considers arm teachers as a viable option. I think it was an option that was just tossed out there at some point.
2/22/2018 11:52 AM
pet peeve.
when it comes to any kind of sandwich i believe that the lettuce..tomato...topping etc must be on top of the burger..tuna etc under the top of the bun......not over the bottom part of the bun.
2/22/2018 11:52 AM
Posted by strikeout26 on 2/22/2018 11:52:00 AM (view original):
Well, those are the 3 options in Hicksville, GA. Actually Hardee's is another. Bojangles is Cajun style fried chicken.

Im not sure any rational person still considers arm teachers as a viable option. I think it was an option that was just tossed out there at some point.
trump, of course , is pushing it.
2/22/2018 11:53 AM
◂ Prev 1...248|249|250|251|252...530 Next ▸
LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.