1901 New Century Progressive Lg Draft Topic

I'm of the opinion that both of his teams are on equal footing with the other teams and the picks after say the 11th or 12th rd. arent gonna make or brake anybodys team. Just play the year out and go from there.
10/15/2019 2:24 PM
SS Joe Dolan
10/15/2019 2:55 PM
Danny Shay SS
10/15/2019 2:58 PM
P Bill Magee
10/15/2019 3:09 PM
C Tom Leahy
10/15/2019 3:11 PM
League Park II, Cincinnati
10/15/2019 3:30 PM
***draft board updated ***
10/15/2019 3:48 PM
Brooklyn’s Park
10/15/2019 3:52 PM
Are all of the ballparks left actually available in WIS?
10/15/2019 4:31 PM
Missed Picks - Fritz Buelow C, Jack Bracken P, Burt Hart 1B
10/15/2019 4:42 PM (edited)
Posted by coyote522 on 10/15/2019 12:05:00 PM (view original):
rant.

frankly, i think it blows that the guy who got first pick (years and years of christy matthewson) then did a little vanishing act
and let the draft stall , then comes back and says he didn't mind because
“i already drafted my core”
And of course, it turns out to be arvidjoseph.
i looked over the list of owners signed up before joining this league and if that name had been there, i would have passed.

i played enough live games with arvid to know the ‘i work a 70 hour week” is pure bullshit.
he ducked out of games in progress on a regular basis, then would turn up right at the end and say
that he thought he heard a burglar and had to,go,check, and then he’d ask to play another game.
and then, by the second inning he was gone again.

Bad neighborhood, i guess.
and then there was the playoff series, which in live leagues must be played live, where once again he held up the entire post season
by disappearing. I know. It was my team that he was scheduled to play.
in fact, steve knows too because he had to take over arvid’s team. After a week or so of delays.
i think the phony excuse that time had something to do with parole violations.

so now here he is and he’s got a brand new name but he’s up to the same old ****.

steve, you’re a good guy and a great commish, it was very big of you to let arvid be in this league.
but I’m ****** about it.
Let's get something clear here "coyote522", I created, organized, and ran more live leagues than just about any owner on here. With nary a problem.

You don't know a thing about me personally, you make up a story about a "burglar" or something, which NEVER happened, to augment your points because I missed some timed draft picks. TIMED. Which mean, no, they didn't hold up the draft at all. I do work 70 hours a week and I didn't have the time to do this. Which my 0-11 defending champions Minnesota Twins team in the WITWD league, can be another example of. As I have not had time to manage them properly (fatigue, etc.).

I missed timed picks for a week. Discussed it with Steve. My selections today were for ballparks, which Steve suggested.
10/15/2019 6:03 PM (edited)
Posted by coyote522 on 10/15/2019 12:05:00 PM (view original):
rant.

frankly, i think it blows that the guy who got first pick (years and years of christy matthewson) then did a little vanishing act
and let the draft stall , then comes back and says he didn't mind because
“i already drafted my core”
And of course, it turns out to be arvidjoseph.
i looked over the list of owners signed up before joining this league and if that name had been there, i would have passed.

i played enough live games with arvid to know the ‘i work a 70 hour week” is pure bullshit.
he ducked out of games in progress on a regular basis, then would turn up right at the end and say
that he thought he heard a burglar and had to,go,check, and then he’d ask to play another game.
and then, by the second inning he was gone again.

Bad neighborhood, i guess.
and then there was the playoff series, which in live leagues must be played live, where once again he held up the entire post season
by disappearing. I know. It was my team that he was scheduled to play.
in fact, steve knows too because he had to take over arvid’s team. After a week or so of delays.
i think the phony excuse that time had something to do with parole violations.

so now here he is and he’s got a brand new name but he’s up to the same old ****.

steve, you’re a good guy and a great commish, it was very big of you to let arvid be in this league.
but I’m ****** about it.
and parole violations? I'VE NEVER BEEN TO JAIL
I've never said ANY of those things that you're attested to. Ever. If I've missed time in other leagues, it's because I have other things than WiS going on. I seem to pay enough attention to make the playoffs with a good deal of my teams though.

If I'm such a habitually bad owner, why do other owners, ones with history of playing with me on this site, even recruit me or let me in their leagues (WITWD for example)?

I play this for fun. It can be very time consuming, and I can't always tend to the everyday nature of it when I have more important things going on.

You need to relax.
10/15/2019 5:18 PM
I think we have our first rivalry. Put them in the same division please.
10/15/2019 5:46 PM
Posted by doctorwoo on 10/15/2019 5:46:00 PM (view original):
I think we have our first rivalry. Put them in the same division please.
I apologize guys, I really do.

Thank you Steve for making my picks. You had to go through the players, cross reference my roster to see what positions I needed, and pick accordingly. Which you did. Neither one of my teams are woefully imbalanced.

That's extra work that you shouldn't have had to do, and I apilogize for that.
10/15/2019 5:59 PM
Posted by SteveIzzy on 10/15/2019 4:31:00 PM (view original):
Are all of the ballparks left actually available in WIS?
Yes. They all aren’t available in open leagues for some reason but are for theme leagues
10/15/2019 6:00 PM
◂ Prev 1...24|25|26|27|28...34 Next ▸
1901 New Century Progressive Lg Draft Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.