Official© 2010 Cubs Thread Topic

His 'logic' just blows my mind, man. The Riot drew one BB in May--one walk!--but he hits 1 or 2 almost everyday. Think about that! One goddamned walk!!!

Lou apparently makes his lineup choices by saying, "This dude was good in the past, so he'll hit here." That is DFB ****--unacceptable!

It's not his fault that many Cubs are having wretched years, but it is his fault that he gives the worst hitters the most PAs, and sticks the best hitters on the team in the mid to bottom of the lineup. He must think, "Well, Soto sucked **** last year, so he'll hit 7th when he's in, and Koyie Friggin' Hill can play half the time." WTF is that!!?!?!

How high does one's IQ have to be to realize how profoundly stupid that is? 70? 80? I'm Aramis' biggest fan, but move that mofo outta the cleanup hole already! He's .180/.247/.302. Lee is .231/.326/.379. How the hell can you expect to score runs with #3 & #4 hitters like that?

If the rest of the team was hitting .200, I could understand it--but they're not!! Byrd's having a great year, so is Soto, and even Soriano is having a solid season. Colvin's been good, too. Even Castro has better numbers than Lee/Aramis.

If he'd make a logical lineup, it's not like they'd win every game, or double their runs, but AAAAHHHHH, give the damn team a chance to win.

Christ, what an *******.
7/1/2010 8:34 PM
Posted by jweb1510 on 7/1/2010 8:24:00 PM (view original):
How long until Castro gets a shot at the leadoff spot?  He and Colvin are the fastest guys on the team.  I'd like to see:

SS Castro
LF Soriano
RF Colvin
CF Byrd
1B Lee
C Soto
3B Fontenot/Baker
2B Theriot/Fontenot
Pitcher
Castro may be able to leadoff in the future, but I don't think he's ready yet.  Sori in the 2hole is a frightening thought.  Theriot would be ideal at 2 if he could actually take a damned walk. 
7/1/2010 8:38 PM
Inky, nicely played on the tag line!!
7/1/2010 8:38 PM
I'm MAD man, he is RUINING MY SUMMER!!!!!
7/1/2010 8:40 PM
How'd that abortion make ya feel today inky?
7/2/2010 7:51 PM
Well, Brian Schitter sure does suck. 12 run defeat to DFB--can it get any worse??
7/2/2010 8:01 PM
Yeah....Cincy winning the World Series with that ****** managing.
7/2/2010 9:47 PM
You guys got the holy **** kicked out of you.
7/2/2010 10:02 PM
Ya think?  All that weight loss has sure made you baseball Einstein!!
7/2/2010 10:11 PM
Ha!
7/2/2010 10:16 PM
touche
7/2/2010 10:16 PM
I was listening to the Cubs against Seattle game that went to extra innings.  Whoever was hitting in front of Lee drove in the go ahead run from third with a one out single.  I thought to myself, "Well, now when Lee hits into the inning ending double play, the Cubs at least will be in front by a run."  Ground ball to short, out at second, out at first, double play.

Blow it up.  Trade these guys for whatever you can get.  Why did they trade Jake Fox for a reliever who stinks?  Oh yeah, no good reason.  Grumble.
7/3/2010 12:40 AM
Why do you root for this team? Have the mayor intervene. Do sumtin. Mr. T would pity the fool.
7/3/2010 12:42 AM
Posted by mudbone1969 on 7/1/2010 8:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jweb1510 on 7/1/2010 8:24:00 PM (view original):
How long until Castro gets a shot at the leadoff spot?  He and Colvin are the fastest guys on the team.  I'd like to see:

SS Castro
LF Soriano
RF Colvin
CF Byrd
1B Lee
C Soto
3B Fontenot/Baker
2B Theriot/Fontenot
Pitcher
Castro may be able to leadoff in the future, but I don't think he's ready yet.  Sori in the 2hole is a frightening thought.  Theriot would be ideal at 2 if he could actually take a damned walk. 
My point exactly on Castro - he should be a good leadoff hitter in the future.  This season is a lost cause, so why not throw him there now and let him get accustomed to it for next year?

Theriot would be ideal in the 2nd spot if he could take a walk, you're right.  But based on what I've seen this year, Soriano has become (gasp!) patient at the plate and has done a much better job drawing BBs.  He's got some speed to him as well, and that's why I'd slot him second.  I'm tired of seeing no effort on the basepaths from the  geriatric pokes they usually have at the top of the order.
7/3/2010 8:13 AM
Posted by trtllvr on 7/3/2010 12:40:00 AM (view original):
I was listening to the Cubs against Seattle game that went to extra innings.  Whoever was hitting in front of Lee drove in the go ahead run from third with a one out single.  I thought to myself, "Well, now when Lee hits into the inning ending double play, the Cubs at least will be in front by a run."  Ground ball to short, out at second, out at first, double play.

Blow it up.  Trade these guys for whatever you can get.  Why did they trade Jake Fox for a reliever who stinks?  Oh yeah, no good reason.  Grumble.
They had to throw Fox in so Oakland would take the last year of Aaron Miles's contract....a contract Hendry couldn't WAIT to dish out.  Not that Fox is any good, but when you start giving away players to cover your own mistakes, it's time to go.
7/3/2010 10:29 AM
◂ Prev 1...25|26|27|28|29...44 Next ▸
Official© 2010 Cubs Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.