Rule V Leg #63 Draft Thread Topic

Posted by alleyviper on 4/26/2019 7:44:00 AM (view original):
New rule, the top six teams each season are blacklisted for the next season, which works out since there are always six teams unused each season. Bonus comedy: somebody will always have the Rays!
I like this idea
4/26/2019 1:18 PM
You could even tone it down some and just blacklist the top 3-4.

I get the overall appeal of this league and the variance it produces, but I think there is room for experimenting and trying a new quirk or two. The core of the league isn't gonna change: keepers kept, picks made, hilarity ensues. But throwing a few curves to spice it up is worth a try I think.
4/26/2019 2:04 PM
Im sure changes wouldn't be the worst thing. I for one just wouldn't want to be stuck with a team I absolutely don't enjoy. I guess I'm not in the WS enough to get jammed with the last available teams, lol.
4/26/2019 2:20 PM
I wouldn't seriously suggest that for this theme with this group of owners, it'd be better for a theme starting fresh. I like how chill this league is and doing something cutthroat like forcing dregs like the Rays and White Sox onto people instead of voluntarily diving into them doesn't jibe with what I like about this Rule V. sin's comment about how much the draft shifted without the Dodgers just got my gears turning.
4/26/2019 2:35 PM
I think trying by phasing out the 1969 seasons with the introduction of 2019 is a worthwhile experiment and we should probably only try one change at a time because the league isn't broken.
4/26/2019 2:57 PM
hey, I INTENTIONALLY picked the White Sox.
4/26/2019 3:34 PM
for what it's worth, if we were to make a change I'd prefer something like blacklisting the top 3/4/etc. teams each season over reducing the seasons available. for one, that means LAD or whoever is only out for one leg, rather than permanently. and second, and there's a nice expansion-era symmetry to 1969-present, rather than just an arbitrary season.
4/26/2019 3:38 PM
Posted by newarkwilder on 4/26/2019 3:38:00 PM (view original):
for what it's worth, if we were to make a change I'd prefer something like blacklisting the top 3/4/etc. teams each season over reducing the seasons available. for one, that means LAD or whoever is only out for one leg, rather than permanently. and second, and there's a nice expansion-era symmetry to 1969-present, rather than just an arbitrary season.
Well, to be clear, we wouldn’t be reducing available seasons, it would just be capped at 50. Add a new season and the oldest one comes off. And over time that would help the expansion teams have a bit more parity. That’s still the change I’m leaning toward making, but we’ll have at least one more leg after this one to discuss it.
4/26/2019 4:01 PM
fair enough. still, the point I was making was temporary versus permanent elimination from the draft pool.
4/26/2019 4:14 PM
Let the WS winner decide the start year for the 50 year period which isn't a huge advantage since they are going to be picking at the end anyway.
4/26/2019 4:45 PM
For what it's worth, I love the idea of a rolling 50-year time frame. I also prefer eliminating the top 2 teams (that being, the World Series winner and the non World Series with the best regular season record). Give some wiggle room for those picking teams at the end.
4/26/2019 4:49 PM
Wrigley isn't on the park whitelist, so for now I can't enter.
4/26/2019 7:21 PM
Posted by bob_shabazz on 4/26/2019 7:21:00 PM (view original):
Wrigley isn't on the park whitelist, so for now I can't enter.
Sorry about that. Must have removed it by mistake. Sent a ticket tonight.
4/27/2019 12:01 AM
My two cents: If we blacklist teams, limit it to the top two so that there is still some choice at the end. I'm indifferent on either staying with 1969-present or going with a 50-year span. This league is great as is. Don't mess it up!
4/27/2019 12:30 AM
◂ Prev 1...27|28|29
Rule V Leg #63 Draft Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.