2016 Presidential Race Topic

Posted by tecwrg on 4/27/2016 7:44:00 AM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 4/27/2016 7:23:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 4/27/2016 6:44:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Bernie10025 on 4/27/2016 12:43:00 AM (view original):
I just wanted to check in on this chatboard to see if the Hillary supporters are panicking yet. There's one national poll I saw today that's 46-43 Hillary -- gap is closing. GOP turnout is up 70%, Dems down 35%, and Paul Begala is "having nightmares about the enthusiasm gap."

And bad_luck, stop dancing. When was the last time a Pope issued a retraction because he was (counter)-attacked by a politician? He is, after all, apparently, God's representative on earth, etc.

Either way, you're substantively wrong about the issue at hand -- questioning the way Trump relates to other leaders -- because even in the past few days, mainstream European politicians have started making overtures. They see the writing on the wall, like everybody else. Pun intended.
"GOP turnout is up 70%, Dems down 35%, and Paul Begala is "having nightmares about the enthusiasm gap."".

Context is important. GOP turnout is high because of the clown show known as the Trump campaign, and the pro-Trump and anti-Trump voters getting out to vote. The lower Democratic turnout is likely because it's pretty clear who their nominee will be.
Says the guy who's been wrong about this entire election so far
Please, enlighten us all with an amazingly insightful explanation as to why what I posted here is wrong.
You think there is a HUGE nevertrump sentiment. There's not at this point and will be even be less come November.
You discount that Bernie's youth voters helped swell the Democrat votes this primary season. Hillary is not filling stadiums like Obama, Sanders, and Trump.
4/27/2016 8:18 AM
Posted by moy23 on 4/27/2016 8:12:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 4/27/2016 7:34:00 AM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 4/27/2016 1:09:00 AM (view original):
Notice how Trump is tactfully egging on Bernie to run independent? Of course Bernie won't run independent but it will get his supporters to view trump as more of an ally, siding with Bernie and the tough road he has fighting an unfair political machine. surprisingly trump and bernie have similar gripes on some major issues, they just tremendously differ on how to go about resolving them. for instance fair trade, lobbyists, insider politics, wall street, etc.
You're going even fuller retard.

Trump would LOVE for Bernie to run as an independent because it would split the Democratic vote and give him the ONLY chance he has of winning a general election.

In other words, it's a desperation move on Trump's part.

No surprise that you're too dumb to see or understand that.
You didn't even read what I posted - had nothing to do with Bernie ACTUALLY running independent and everything to do with perception. I understand, these are emotional times for you. You are still grieving the fact that Trump crushed a 17 person Republican field and he's wrapping up the nomination ON THE FIRST BALLOT. It was painful for me to watch you fall for the establishment media 'brokered convention' talking point hook line and sinker. They needed a story to keep people like you watching... But moy the Soothsayer knew better than to believe that crap.
Wrong. You're incredibly stupid if you actually believe what you wrote.

Trump's "tactful" suggestion that Sanders run as an independent has NOTHING to do with getting Bernie's supporters as an ally, and EVERYTHING to do with splitting the Democratic vote. Which is the ONLY chance that Trump has for winning a general election IF he is on the ballot in November.

Trump is all about doing what's best for Trump. Encouraging Sanders to run as an independent is what's best for Trump.
4/27/2016 8:22 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 4/27/2016 8:22:00 AM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 4/27/2016 8:12:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 4/27/2016 7:34:00 AM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 4/27/2016 1:09:00 AM (view original):
Notice how Trump is tactfully egging on Bernie to run independent? Of course Bernie won't run independent but it will get his supporters to view trump as more of an ally, siding with Bernie and the tough road he has fighting an unfair political machine. surprisingly trump and bernie have similar gripes on some major issues, they just tremendously differ on how to go about resolving them. for instance fair trade, lobbyists, insider politics, wall street, etc.
You're going even fuller retard.

Trump would LOVE for Bernie to run as an independent because it would split the Democratic vote and give him the ONLY chance he has of winning a general election.

In other words, it's a desperation move on Trump's part.

No surprise that you're too dumb to see or understand that.
You didn't even read what I posted - had nothing to do with Bernie ACTUALLY running independent and everything to do with perception. I understand, these are emotional times for you. You are still grieving the fact that Trump crushed a 17 person Republican field and he's wrapping up the nomination ON THE FIRST BALLOT. It was painful for me to watch you fall for the establishment media 'brokered convention' talking point hook line and sinker. They needed a story to keep people like you watching... But moy the Soothsayer knew better than to believe that crap.
Wrong. You're incredibly stupid if you actually believe what you wrote.

Trump's "tactful" suggestion that Sanders run as an independent has NOTHING to do with getting Bernie's supporters as an ally, and EVERYTHING to do with splitting the Democratic vote. Which is the ONLY chance that Trump has for winning a general election IF he is on the ballot in November.

Trump is all about doing what's best for Trump. Encouraging Sanders to run as an independent is what's best for Trump.
Trump would LOVE LOVE LOVE for Bernie to run independent... But he's not stupid and knows Bernie won't do that. He's playing the sympathy card for Bernie's supporters. His message = 'See how unfair the system is when your guy wins in votes and then Hillary deceitfully wins the delegates?' 'The same is happening here' 'Get behind me, another Washington outsider, and I'll fight this rigged system for you where lobbyists and special interests run DC!'
4/27/2016 8:33 AM
Posted by moy23 on 4/27/2016 8:18:00 AM (view original):
I just wanted to check in on this chatboard to see if the Hillary supporters are panicking yet. There's one national poll I saw today that's 46-43 Hillary -- gap is closing. GOP turnout is up 70%, Dems down 35%, and Paul Begala is "having nightmares about the enthusiasm gap."

And bad_luck, stop dancing. When was the last time a Pope issued a retraction because he was (counter)-attacked by a politician? He is, after all, apparently, God's representative on earth, etc.

Either way, you're substantively wrong about the issue at hand -- questioning the way Trump relates to other leaders -- because even in the past few days, mainstream European politicians have started making overtures. They see the writing on the wall, like everybody else. Pun intended.
"GOP turnout is up 70%, Dems down 35%, and Paul Begala is "having nightmares about the enthusiasm gap."".

Context is important. GOP turnout is high because of the clown show known as the Trump campaign, and the pro-Trump and anti-Trump voters getting out to vote. The lower Democratic turnout is likely because it's pretty clear who their nominee will be.
Please, enlighten us all with an amazingly insightful explanation as to why what I posted here is wrong.
You think there is a HUGE nevertrump sentiment. There's not at this point and will be even be less come November.
You discount that Bernie's youth voters helped swell the Democrat votes this primary season. Hillary is not filling stadiums like Obama, Sanders, and Trump.
YOU quote polls all the time. It's not very difficult to find a poll with a huge number stating "Will not vote for Trump". So find one.
4/27/2016 8:48 AM
You probably still think Trump would have run as an independent. He had no intentions of doing so, never ever . He once said his best chance of getting the presidency is as a Republican. He did use the threat of an independent run as leverage though.... And it worked because today you see the RNC telling the nevertrump crowd to stop their antics... So who is controlling who? In contrast, Bernie could have done the same a couple months ago with his voters but chose not to and Debbie Wasserman Schultz ran all over him. See how leverage works? Trump is not intending Sanders to run independent, he's trying to emotionally also to Sanders voters that wasn't an outsider in the white house. He's also positioned himself well on social issues they care about like LBGT, taxing wall street hedge fund guys, and funding planned parenthood.
4/27/2016 8:55 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/27/2016 8:48:00 AM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 4/27/2016 8:18:00 AM (view original):

YOU quote polls all the time. It's not very difficult to find a poll with a huge number stating "Will not vote for Trump". So find one.
Those polls are junk. When people don't have options (brokered conventions, white knights, Kasich, Cruz) and it comes down to just Trump and Hillary the number of nevertrump will be very low. Right now it's a knee jerk emotional nevertrump reaction, but once the emotion and the choices ebb you'll see saner minds come November. We don't even know who Trumps VP will be. Too early for those polls to matter
4/27/2016 8:58 AM
4/27/2016 8:58 AM
I think you misunderstand people. It's MUCH easier to sit at home and drink a beer than stand in line to vote for a candidate you do not like.

Do you disagree?
4/27/2016 9:00 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/27/2016 9:00:00 AM (view original):
I think you misunderstand people. It's MUCH easier to sit at home and drink a beer than stand in line to vote for a candidate you do not like.

Do you disagree?
It is easier to stay home. To counter that, people that have voted before feel obligated to vote. You say you won't vote now but when the time comes it's going to **** with your mind. You'll feel guilty if you don't vote. It's your patriotic duty. That's how people are wired.
4/27/2016 9:19 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/27/2016 9:00:00 AM (view original):

Do you disagree?
Given that both candidates have "I'll never vote for them." numbers around 50%, we should see record low voter turnout (%-wise), IF people are true to their word. Sad state of Politics in this Country. NOTHING about this Country's political system will improve, and things will continue to worsen, until there is vast reform. Hillary represents business as usual. Trump anything but. Maybe he'd be a total disaster, but maybe he'd be good. Either way he'd cause change, and any change to the system would probably be good for the Country in the long run (unless of course you like Michigan Congress members voting against the auto industry and Iowa members voting against farming, because that's what their Party wants).
4/27/2016 9:21 AM

You know who hasn't been wrong?

The polls.

And the polls show Clinton destroying Trump in a couple months. There's a reason I'm rooting for a Trump nomination.
4/27/2016 9:21 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 4/27/2016 9:21:00 AM (view original):

The polls.

And the polls show Clinton destroying Trump in a couple months. There's a reason I'm rooting for a Trump nomination.
The polls showed Jeb, Walker, and Carson winning at one point.
4/27/2016 9:25 AM
Posted by moy23 on 4/27/2016 9:25:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 4/27/2016 9:21:00 AM (view original):

The polls.

The polls showed Jeb, Walker, and Carson winning at one point.
Hillary's unfavorable was 40% in February, now it's 55%.
4/27/2016 9:27 AM
Donald Trump has won a vast majority of the unbound delegate count in the state of Pennsylvania, according to an ABC News analysis. Of the 54 available free-agent delegates in the state, 39 of them told ABC News they will support Trump on the first ballot of the Republican convention.

Twenty-three said they will support the Republican front-runner, while 16 additional delegates -- who said they would vote for the winner of their congressional district on the first ballot -- will also back Trump.

4/27/2016 9:33 AM (edited)
Oh noooooooooo ^^^^^^^^

BLs mancrush didn't figure this into his prediction
4/27/2016 9:32 AM
◂ Prev 1...288|289|290|291|292...575 Next ▸
2016 Presidential Race Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.