Changes to the game Beesides realignment Topic

I would like to set defensive positioning based on the player not on the team.  If a team has one guy that shoots 12 3s a game and nobody else averages even 1 I should have the option to play tight on the shooter and lay back on everybody else.
1/29/2015 3:53 PM
After many years of playing I will be stopping when my seasons run out unless there is some intention to improve the game.
I would like more lineup choices.  How about a 3 point shooting lineup?  How about a defensive l/u?  How about more situational choices...like getting a good FT lineup in near the end.
How about having some player events in the off-season like kids getting tossed from school or finding extra motivation and coming back with more motivation and ceiling?
Situational lineups would go a long way to making the game better but I am guessing the engine can't handle it.
No more money to HD from me unless something changes

1/30/2015 10:37 AM
Posted by cburton23 on 1/29/2015 3:53:00 PM (view original):
I would like to set defensive positioning based on the player not on the team.  If a team has one guy that shoots 12 3s a game and nobody else averages even 1 I should have the option to play tight on the shooter and lay back on everybody else.
I have said the same thing. I also like the idea of have different line ups for different situations. Like at the end of the game if your up it putting in a FT line up. I have lost a few because of this already and I've only played about 5 seasons. not near as many as most of you
1/30/2015 11:23 AM
I have a largely cosmetic change I'd like to see. Add man/zone as a recruit's high school defense. The would somewhat lessen the advantage of running a press or at least give each defense the same % from the start.

We currently have:
Man
Zone
Press
Zone/Press
Man/Press

That gives more opportunities to have recruits know how to run press. I think WIS could easily fix this and maybe add some variation in what teams run.
1/30/2015 8:58 PM
I would recommend not going overboard with complexities...

For example, Gridiron Dynasty, in my opinion, has too many settings... 2nd down and between 6 and 10 for a first down, losing by 13 with under 5 minutes in the 3rd quarter, against a 3-4 defense, what play do you call...? wait, how about against a 4-3... a nickel, a dime... throw on 2nd and short...? in the flat...? but what if you're up by 9+ points...? use your tight end as a blocker only on 3rd down only inside your own 25.... hand off to Bronson 84% of the time on 1st down against a 4-4, but vs a 5-3 I want Brubaker carrying it 56% and running student-body-right... aaaaaarrrghhhh!

HD i think has a great balance, allows us to set the framework, and lets the engine take it from there.
1/31/2015 12:37 AM (edited)
I agree with keeping it simple but being able to put in your best FT shooters with under a min is fundamentally sound part of basketball. But to many what if's would take away from the game and make it to complex.
1/31/2015 10:25 AM
Honestly, I"m tired of every elite D-1 team having 90+ in both Ath and Def. Game lacks  good offensive players with 90+ in spd, bh and per.

It seems like seble or whoever is running this game is on a 5 year hiatus.
1/31/2015 9:36 PM
Posted by the0nlyis on 1/27/2015 8:55:00 PM (view original):
@ Rogelio

I agree that there are many suggestions that wouldn't take with the majority, but in the one thing you list as something a majority agree in, there has been nothing done by staff to further the implementation or acknowledge it at least of my knowledge.

About Athleticism.  I don't have a fairly strong point but I'll add to the conversation.  Look at some of OSU's past players.  Craft and Sullinger.  Craft was of average ath/spd but had extremely high IQ, def, bh skills that allowed him to be a great PG, Sullinger was not an athletic freak(he was above average, or good) but had extremely developed low post and perimeter skills for someone his age.  As well as a great IQ allowing him while undersized, and less athletic to be such an offensive force and do good enough on the defensive side of the ball.

Also quickly I could probably think of a handful of ideas that aren't major in changing aspects of the game, and a good amount of people might agree on:
  • Notifcation of sitemail in the game so you don't have to check the forums.
  • When a new player signs up have a pop-up leading them to a guide or just the help page, and not "require" them to go in depth but at least lead them to it, as you see a lot of players having no idea what works in this game and teams with players of 20 ath 10 def but just high we/dur.  A lot of new players never learn the game because they don't take the initiative to learn how to, but also because HD doesn't make a bigger effort to help them learn the game.
  • More player generated pictures,(hair styles have changed)
  • A page that lists # NC by player/School in each world and then overall and add in a best team/conf RPI, so its not up to coaches to manually keep track and potentially miss records.
  • Allowing to choose what traits to scout a player
  • Fixing recruiting messages, if I send 2 hv and a scholly and he replies with "can't wait to sign and then I check and he's considering 2 other schools and not me" it obviously means hes not ready to sign.  The messages from recruits should be updated a bit better to actually mean something.
A big problem(very generalized) is that they're 2 types of players, those who just want an online basketball game, and then those who want a realistic basketball game.  This hurts the players wanting the most realistic basketball game mainly because they're no other basketball games like HD sports and if there is they are nowhere near as good, HD is still miles ahead of any game similar.

Problems that arise from this:
  • Hiring and Firing, because HD doesn't want to fire a coach whose at their dream school because they suck.  Because most likely they would stop playing if they couldn't coach their dream school/alma mater
  • Conf realignment, those non-hardcore sim players don't care and would be upset by the chaos realignment would cause.  Hurting those wanting an up to date experience and also fans/graduates of schools like VCU/FGCU/Butler
  • Freshmen coming in with a little higher IQ, in D1 you see a lot of freshmen leading teams or at least play a bigger part than whats possible with HD.

I then could think of plenty of other things that could be changed but would cause too much chaos:
  • addition of new philosophies/update of current.  (heck the majority of nba teams don't run a triangle)
  • IQ becoming a number based skill(not everyone can reach A+ in real life)->IQ becomes a bigger factor
  • disallowing sim teams to have superclass-> this also is hurting active conferences, noone wants to take on a team with 10 freshmen or sophmores it would be a minimum 5/6 season rebuild.  So you have these conferences with 1/2 players because the other conf with 8 players has 4 sim teams that are gigantic messes.  and in real life teams don't do good every 4 years.  the bad teams stay bad they don't have 1 average year like sim-super classes do. they just suck every year.  We shouldn't see a team go 1-25 : 8-18 : 14-12 : 22-4 just because of a super class generally a 1-26 team stays bad and a 14-12 team stays average until a new coach comes along.
  • Create "real" non-conf tournaments, and add it to notes "Malibu non-conf tourney champ"
  • allow coaches to list rival coaches/schools(both coaches must accept rivalry) and then keep a record.
Granted I probably just wrote a huge wall of useless text, but its okay.  I still love HD and spend way to much time playing.

Good suggestions. Personally, I've always throught the biggest problem with this game is usage. Not enough coaches playing and not enough who do play stick around. Also too many coaches float from league to league. There has to be more "excitement" during the season. And more of a reason to put down roots. Non conference tournaments are obvious. It adds a whole layer to the game. Not required but coaches who want to play in them, can join. You could have a set number of them and coaches couldn't play in the same non conference tournament every season. It would leave some with more games than others but that's the way it is in real life too. I also think more national announcements for big wins/achievements nationally in D3, allowing rivalries, and making it easier to organize conference challenges would be huge steps to add some intrigue and some excitement to the game. We also need ways to get coaches in leagues to have a reason to engage with one another. Non con challenges might help this. I love HD too but sometimes I think it could be so very much more interesting with even a basic investment in adding more features. It's way overdue for something substantial being added. I hope the crickets stop soon with admin/seble.
2/1/2015 12:39 AM
◂ Prev 123
Changes to the game Beesides realignment Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.