ODL 51 Evaluations Topic

Posted by slymonium on 2/7/2015 11:44:00 PM (view original):
Ben: Anthony Davis at 41 is not a reach and by no means is he a marginal rebounder. There is only one other player season in the entire database who is at least 99% at SF with as many minutes, efg% orb% and drb%: 91-92 Dennis Rodman.
While technically true, Donyell Marshall and Luis Scola may complain about that assessment. However, maybe I need to reevaluate him later. Right now, I don't think 52% efg% is anywhere near a good efg% for that much usage. He may be a good rebounder, but I can get near his rebounds with much more efficiency, much better passing and way more threes in the 6th round. While you definitely can't match his 96 defense (95 at SF), I feel that there are way better options at 41. Maybe that opinion will change after I look at him more closely.
2/8/2015 8:44 PM
Did you read the last sentence of my post? Only one other player in the entire database. And 52efg% is not bad in the ODL, especially with everything else he brings. You can have Luis Scola (never gets drafted for a reason). I'll take Davis.
2/8/2015 11:15 PM
I did read it, and if you adjust your oreb% just slightly you get the other two players. I would never draft Scola, Marshall, or Davis in the ODL as the later two go much too early for my liking and like you said, Scola never gets drafted for a reason. For me, if a player has 4 usage points or more, he better bring me at least 54 efg%. Davis doesn't even bring 52% (as he only gets 99% of the 52). Just a personal preference of course and I am looking forward to the owner who proves me wrong and has a successful Anthony Davis team. It hasn't happened yet, and I doubt it will until the 2015 rosters are released.
2/8/2015 11:44 PM
How are the evals coming?
2/10/2015 2:26 AM
Pretty much just waiting for everyone to submit their roster so I can look at everyones' team. I was going to evaluate everyones 6th rounders but at that point it's hard for me to know which years everyone is using and it gets pretty tough to say anything meaningful. Once all the teams are visible I will try to thoroughly examine every team, write up each teams' overall eval, and make predictions.
2/10/2015 10:05 AM
Predictions?
2/15/2015 7:30 PM
Preseason pick: seapilots

Evals and predictions done.
2/16/2015 12:28 AM
well, I sincerely hope I don't make a fool out of you two seasons in a row.

And I am as stumped as anybody why my team sucked so bad last ODL.
2/16/2015 5:20 AM
Thanks for the evals and predictions Ben.
2/16/2015 10:57 AM
Yeah they're really cool.
2/16/2015 4:18 PM
Well done Ben, if I could I'd name my team "Perplexed" but sadly it is too late.
2/16/2015 9:50 PM
sounds good!  I'll start doin' evals for 52 harhar.  carbon's MJ team is gonna be the one to beat though!
Especially outta the Central.  Anyway thanks ben for some entertaining reading.  GL Everybody!

2/17/2015 12:59 AM
◂ Prev 123
ODL 51 Evaluations Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.