Coach Demographics Topic

Posted by the0nlyis on 3/14/2015 1:19:00 AM (view original):
Pie Chart for Age:

Besides that its about 40/60 on active/lurk, and an overwhelming majority voted 77% to see more tips/advice/strategy in the forums

And sorry for the confusion on the us location thing...

Since of the poll results on forum maybe I could organize a Once a week advise thread each week focusing on a certain aspect such as recruiting out of state, or gameplanning, or managing perimeter shooting and I can get a group of well aclaimed coaches to help newer coaches understand or other coaches just trying to get better and see some different points of view?  Is that something people were thinking of if, not let me know and I can try to do something for that too.

Maybe if this is something people like maybe a rate the team of the poster above you, so to start I'd post the roster of 1 of my teams then the next person could offer a piece of advice or reccomend something as well as their own team they'd like looked at followed by the 3rd person commenting on the 2nd persons posted team etc.

Let me know of any other things people would like!

I think a weekly thread would be great. It would not only give newer coaches tips and tricks but add some activity to the forum.
3/14/2015 5:44 PM
I guess this is something I'd like to bring up again based on the voting results and I guess relative lack of follow up on my part.

I know a ton of people voted for seeing more info on tips/advice/strategy.  My "big" project the mega faq's has been lackluster imo.  I figured I would be able to do more on my own with it and still think it has a solid starting base, but don't think it is in depth or advanced as I'd like.  Again another plug for help from some better coaches.

As well as noticing a lot of the coaches who voted for were pretty good, so I'm assuming a lot of people were wanting more advanced stuff, which is going to be a bit hard from my view with my knowledge and there doesn't seem to be any "secret" knowledge that is out there that some people think to be.

or possibly another idea is to have me lead discussions similar to what I am doing with top coaches, but focus it on a certain aspect of the game so for example a discussion on recruiting locations which would include better/harder places to recruit, surprise locations that are good/bad.  What do in certain situations, how to read a world recruiting outlook based on the coaches and their location in the world?  Other topics can be discussed to, if there was a specific thing more people were focused on,.

6/27/2015 2:17 PM
What's the youngest coach on here. I can make a case for myself as I just turned 16
6/27/2015 3:47 PM
◂ Prev 123
Coach Demographics Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.