Looking for a mentor Topic

I should add that comparing fielding stats between 2 different teams is a little tricky.   My team has a GB of 1.19 and his is 1.10.   That's a pretty big difference.   Our pitching K's should be pretty close. 
4/21/2015 5:00 PM
Thanks for all the help. I'm gonna play with it a bit its not like i can get much worse.
4/21/2015 5:24 PM
Here's a quick tip for navigating FA and deciding what players to extend/cut: position players' hitting and defense starts tapering off around Age 33/34, in particular their hitting power and defensive range (hitting splits can be maintained for several more years).  So don't commit a long, expensive deal to a guy in this age range expecting him to continue to be able to play the same position and keep up his same hitting stats.

Pitchers, on the other hand, often do not decline until age 37/38 or even later.

Once a player starts showing a decline in a category due to age, that decline will only grow exponentially for the rest of his career.
4/21/2015 5:32 PM
Yeah I'm gonna let a couple vets go this offseason and go younger. I started playing and go thrown right into free agency so hopefully this off season I'll be able to do more of what I want.
4/21/2015 7:20 PM
◂ Prev 123
Looking for a mentor Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.