Anyone knows the value of considering credit Topic

I had the info on the last cycle before he signed. Before that, it always said I was behind. It was not a clear ahead thing, it was slightly ahead.
5/11/2016 9:55 AM
Posted by zorzii on 5/11/2016 9:55:00 AM (view original):
I had the info on the last cycle before he signed. Before that, it always said I was behind. It was not a clear ahead thing, it was slightly ahead.
That's still interesting that I wouldn't get any type of alert saying I was slightly behind now.
5/11/2016 10:20 AM
You did not get any scholly messages during the whole process? I bet you had one when I entered, another one when I put 10k more?
5/11/2016 10:31 AM
Nope. Got the one after the first cycle that I was leading and the one when I signed him. Saw word on the street that morning after signing that said he was focused on vandy and nc state with Clemson being a fall back.
5/11/2016 10:47 AM
Posted by zorzii on 5/11/2016 8:10:00 AM (view original):
I am still confused as why I lost the battle, but there is something in the numbers we don't get. I put all in at 8 cycle (signing period) 35K, then 11 10Kmore. Got more at 8 in the morning, and I think I was done by then. But the recruit signed during that day... We were that close and the recruit signed pretty fast..

I think I probably did not have any edge in prestige. Vanderbilt is probably a high B, and I am a low B+.
vanderbilt is fairly garbage B, i am pretty confident, i don't think the prestige was equal. my initial assumption is that when i looked at it, i would conclude there was almost no difference - but i can't conclude that based on the histories...
5/11/2016 11:37 AM
any of you guys know when adreid put all his effort in? i dont mean a few visits, but the bulk of it, was it after clemson jumped in? or was it in the beginning?
5/11/2016 11:38 AM
Posted by gillispie1 on 5/11/2016 11:38:00 AM (view original):
any of you guys know when adreid put all his effort in? i dont mean a few visits, but the bulk of it, was it after clemson jumped in? or was it in the beginning?
Ya I put it in about 3k a cycle throughout the recruiting period. Faded off to about 1,500 towards the end. Didn't really have any money left when Clemson jumped in... maybe the B isn't as "garbage" as you thought?
5/11/2016 11:55 AM
Posted by adreid on 5/11/2016 11:55:00 AM (view original):
Posted by gillispie1 on 5/11/2016 11:38:00 AM (view original):
Ya I put it in about 3k a cycle throughout the recruiting period. Faded off to about 1,500 towards the end. Didn't really have any money left when Clemson jumped in... maybe the B isn't as "garbage" as you thought?
ha, i didn't mean it as an insult. if you are a B and then miss the post season with no draft picks, its guaranteed to be a not very good B.
5/11/2016 12:08 PM
Ha, I'm just messing around... it probably is a garbage B. Last year was a disaster... just trying to work my way up to 5 championships in a row.
5/11/2016 12:20 PM
I wonder since the recruit was very close (10 miles) that there is some type of increased multiplier on effort on close recruits (similar to how those recruits will accept effort without having to be pulled down).

[Edit] My theory would be a team's prestige value is increased for recruits within a certain radius. Therefore when putting in effort, that effort will now be more effective than what we might otherwise think (ex. B to a B+ instead).
5/11/2016 12:40 PM (edited)
The funny thing is he ran out of money, I put huge efforti into this and he signed at two... Not earlier? I only went 35 k at 8... Why the recruit did not sign earlier? Before I put 15k more.
5/11/2016 12:42 PM
Posted by adreid on 5/11/2016 9:22:00 AM (view original):
Posted by zorzii on 5/11/2016 8:54:00 AM (view original):
Strange thing about it is that, I was getting messages at 8 saying I was ahead or maybe it was at 11 that day... And then he signs at 2...

Maybe they implemented their new thing : the recruit can sign at anytime and he will not always choose the highest bidder.
If that's the case, then he was telling us both we were ahead... I never got anything saying I wasn't in the lead from the first cycle on.
scholarship messages don't apparently actually mean anything...

5/10/2013 6:53 PM dacj501
Hi,
I have a recruiting issue/question that I need to have seble look at please.

I currently am one of two teams being considered by Michael Rushing, a center from Ohio. At 11 am today (5/10) I got the latest scholarship email from the player (I hadn't taken any action since yesterday). Here is the scholarship email I got at 11 am:

To: Coach dacj501
Subject: Full-Ride Offer

Sent: 05/10/2013 11:01AM

Coach, thanks for the scholarship offer - I wish I could sign right now!

Michael Rushing

Yet at 2:12 pm today (5/10) FSS updated and it says "'Word on the Street' as of 5/10 2:12 pm EDT: Our sources are saying that he's definitely leaning towards playing at Lewis."

My question is how can I get that leading scholarship message and FSS show I am clearly behind?
5/11/2013 11:27 AM Customer Support
Darryl,

The scholarship messages are based on the recruits interest level in that school. The message you got indicates an extreme level of interest. It's possible for a player to have that level of interest in more than one school. So you may get that message without truly being in the lead.

The FSS message should always be trusted, although it's important to note when it was last updated.
5/11/2016 3:17 PM
Posted by zorzii on 5/11/2016 12:43:00 PM (view original):
The funny thing is he ran out of money, I put huge efforti into this and he signed at two... Not earlier? I only went 35 k at 8... Why the recruit did not sign earlier? Before I put 15k more.
the threshold to sign between signings (8pm day 3) and the 1st transition period (11am day 4) is to be solo on the list. at 11am the threshold goes WAY down. effort going into the 11am cycle will often delay the decision until 2pm. this is pretty common. 8am day 5 is when the threshold goes down to nothing - where the players will sign even on the slightest difference.
5/11/2016 3:39 PM
Posted by dacj501 on 5/11/2016 3:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by adreid on 5/11/2016 9:22:00 AM (view original):
Posted by zorzii on 5/11/2016 8:54:00 AM (view original):
Strange thing about it is that, I was getting messages at 8 saying I was ahead or maybe it was at 11 that day... And then he signs at 2...

Maybe they implemented their new thing : the recruit can sign at anytime and he will not always choose the highest bidder.
If that's the case, then he was telling us both we were ahead... I never got anything saying I wasn't in the lead from the first cycle on.
scholarship messages don't apparently actually mean anything...

5/10/2013 6:53 PM dacj501
Hi,
I have a recruiting issue/question that I need to have seble look at please.

I currently am one of two teams being considered by Michael Rushing, a center from Ohio. At 11 am today (5/10) I got the latest scholarship email from the player (I hadn't taken any action since yesterday). Here is the scholarship email I got at 11 am:

To: Coach dacj501
Subject: Full-Ride Offer

Sent: 05/10/2013 11:01AM

Coach, thanks for the scholarship offer - I wish I could sign right now!

Michael Rushing

Yet at 2:12 pm today (5/10) FSS updated and it says "'Word on the Street' as of 5/10 2:12 pm EDT: Our sources are saying that he's definitely leaning towards playing at Lewis."

My question is how can I get that leading scholarship message and FSS show I am clearly behind?
5/11/2013 11:27 AM Customer Support
Darryl,

The scholarship messages are based on the recruits interest level in that school. The message you got indicates an extreme level of interest. It's possible for a player to have that level of interest in more than one school. So you may get that message without truly being in the lead.

The FSS message should always be trusted, although it's important to note when it was last updated.
i still maintain this is 100% bullshit. the game is just buggy, sometimes you don't get scholarship messages when you should. this did not used to be an issue, this is a seble-made sim engine creation, as far as i can tell. kind of like how sometimes a d3 school can't even get a d3 listed recruit to talk to them.
5/11/2016 3:39 PM
my best guess after considering the statements from the coaches here, is that considering credit of 3% per cycle is a rough value of considering credit to explain the gap here. zorzii had an approximate 30% advantage, in terms of prestige and effort. however, adreid had most of his effort in by 24 hours in, while zorzii only had about 2/3rds of his effort by a day later, and 1/3rd of it later. honestly, i'm not 100% clear on what you did when zorzii, but im trying to make my best guess based on what you already said.

i have long considered considering credit to be a meaningful force in the game, i figured at least 1-2% and maybe up to 3% per cycle. so 3% per cycle from this battle isn't particularly surprising. some of the comments like, 4% per day, there is absolutely no way. here, a 30% advantage or so had to be overcome, but its not really clear how many cycles that was done over, some of the effort is only a cycle or two (adried put it in over a long period), some is days of cycles (zorzii put a good chunk of effort in on the 4th day it sounds like). on average, it seems like it was about 9-12 cycles, to overcome about 30% of advantage. it might be possible for 2% considering credit to explain the gap here, if it starts kicking in earlier than 24 hours, which it may. but, the guy also signed at 2pm, which means the gap between the schools was non-negligible. that really suggests its got to be more in that 3% range, maybe even 4%. hard to say. if someone finds out what cycle considering credit starts mattering in, that would help.
5/11/2016 3:54 PM
◂ Prev 123
Anyone knows the value of considering credit Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.