Make Leahy Great Again Topic

Posted by chetty1963 on 7/4/2016 4:18:00 PM (view original):
It's interesting how the same thread could have been different for Alex.

If he comes out and says something like "Hey guys, I'm really into this game and want to build a world that can build on the great ideas from other worlds like Warner and Wilkinson. I've had some success but I've got much to learn and want Leahy to be a place where coaches can share ideas and learn from each other. Please join Leahy and we'll make this world great...", the reaction would have been way different.

Instead you brag about a record that no one is impressed with, and call out a coach that no one believes you are in the same league with. With 70%+ of teams being SIMs, having a winning team, and honestly making playoffs is a given. Your record is decent and you're off to a good start. But that's all it is.
Actually if he starts a thread the way you suggest he gets zero response, given the cold interest in GD these days.

GL with Leahy.
7/4/2016 6:03 PM
Posted by AlekTx2015 on 7/4/2016 4:17:00 PM (view original):
True devil you take the easy road and jump on already good teams that people made. Look at your first 7 seasons! Cmon don't throw my resume out here without looking at yours first. In your 9th season you took the exact same team I have (Sam Houston St) and went 6-7! Now you're quitting that team and jumping to something better. My respect takes hits because I speak the truth and I'm fine with that. My resume and what I'll do for Leahy will shut y'all up. That's fine with me. I don't want credit. I want an exciting world for everyone else. I'm giving it baby!
My main point is we already have an exciting world which has the most coaches in it. Try adding to it. Everyone is trying to tell you it won't work because there are not enough coaches to fill up 2 world's the way Wilkinson is. The media team in Wilkinson is looking for more people to provide content. If you really want to prove how good a coach you are go to a populated world, play great coaches with history of being great and prove yourself. Don't start trash talking when you know absolutely nothing about GD, it's history, or other worlds and try to say this game isn't fun. No one will go to Leahy to shut you up. It's not worth it and too easy. We are too busy playing other amazing human coaches in Wilkinson. Oh we also have a website, twitter feed and radio show. Be a part of the solution not a part of the problem.

The best part of this thread is the fact you refuse to listen to some pretty amazing and talented coaches. Bj even gave you advice in another thread and then you blasted him. No one will want to help you anymore if you keep trying to run your mouth and disrespect good coaches who have been around. Maybe take a min. to learn something and see what the landscape is before you try rocking the boat. We care about our history here and respect the coaches that have been around. Trolls like you have come and gone. They also have done it better then you have. I think some of them have even won CCs.
7/4/2016 6:10 PM
So who's available to join Big Sky right now? They are currently in job change period. We could fill that conference with experienced owners. At least for a season or two, then leave and let the vultures clean up. I could take a team.
7/4/2016 7:09 PM
Finally someone who catches my drift. Jibe knows the flow. come on and bring it! I love how you're upset that I called you out. what I'm doing is working and that's all that matters. Bring it hall of famers. Fill big sky up with your "respect and experience"
7/4/2016 8:38 PM
True devil the only few I'm calling out is the only few that should. It's not my fault you guys take it personal and trying to protect tradition. Sorry but tradition isn't working if each season the worlds get less and less and boring by the season. You're too busy predicting and challenging my thoughts instead of joining the big sky and challenging me that way. Good for wilkinson for what they accomplished.
7/4/2016 8:42 PM
Every guy with a crazy idea will have critics. Until it's done.
7/4/2016 8:44 PM
Posted by AlekTx2015 on 7/4/2016 8:44:00 PM (view original):
Or the crazy guy realizes he's crazy and goes away.
7/4/2016 8:46 PM
Or everyone realizes how good it is to be crazy and they get crazy too .(this is a shark, not an envelope :)
7/4/2016 8:52 PM
Posted by AlekTx2015 on 7/4/2016 8:44:00 PM (view original):
Lol its not a crazy idea. It's already been done. But good luck. Something tells me you won't last a year in GD.
7/4/2016 10:31 PM
You guys (the critics) should take a long hard look at yourselves. Some of you only ever add negative comments, never anything positive. You've got a downer on him because he's rooting for Leahy, where's the harm?
He's trying to do a Wilkinson in Leahy. You lot seem to have fun so why (apart from his poor taste in some messages) the negativity when he's trying to do the same? Have you ever stopped to think how boring it is to have Wilkinson this, Wilkinson that, rammed down the rest of our throats, day after day?
The forums have been sterile for months until this guy steps into the arena. This is why they are sterile; anyone with an idea gets hung, drawn and quartered.
7/5/2016 1:19 AM
As I said, I have no problem with the idea - I'm actually thrilled by his passion.

But, he needs people to follow him, and the bragging on his record and calling out veteran coaches isn't going to inspire others to follow him. I could be wrong - we'll know in a few days when D3 opens up.
7/5/2016 7:47 AM
If I go to Leahy it would be as an experimental team. I wouldn't have to worry about losing since I'm playing mostly SIMS and I could use that for my real team in Wilkinson. I thought about joining but just don't have the time.
7/5/2016 10:34 AM
Posted by polarsi on 7/5/2016 1:19:00 AM (view original):
You guys (the critics) should take a long hard look at yourselves. Some of you only ever add negative comments, never anything positive. You've got a downer on him because he's rooting for Leahy, where's the harm?
He's trying to do a Wilkinson in Leahy. You lot seem to have fun so why (apart from his poor taste in some messages) the negativity when he's trying to do the same? Have you ever stopped to think how boring it is to have Wilkinson this, Wilkinson that, rammed down the rest of our throats, day after day?
The forums have been sterile for months until this guy steps into the arena. This is why they are sterile; anyone with an idea gets hung, drawn and quartered.
Polarsi -

I don't think anyone in Wilkinson actually has an issue with a new idea, or a new world. In fact, I would be more than willing to help out and advise with any efforts to populate a new world. Right now, we have 52 in 1AA and 70 in 1A and there are several coaches lined up in D2 and D3. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure how many more coaches we can handle before recruiting becomes unbearable for newcomers. So, I would fully support a push to add coaches to a different world. However, I do think the animosity is a response to the initial tone of this thread and not the idea itself.

Alex -

With the above being said, do understand that I hope everything in Leahy goes well. I remember two years ago, when I first started the Wilkinson blog, having this dream of turning Wilkinson into this huge world where every game felt competitive. Through some hard work, focusing & refocusing, along with advice from others, things have worked out really well. If you ever need any advice or would like to talk ideas, feel free to sitemail.

As for my Wilkinson friends, I appreciate all that you do...but recruiting starts tomorrow. If you don't want Sacred Heart and Ohio State to take all of the talent, I suggest you focus your energy on your recruiting board.
7/5/2016 10:50 AM
Posted by cjsweat on 7/5/2016 10:50:00 AM (view original):
Polarsi -

I don't think anyone in Wilkinson actually has an issue with a new idea, or a new world. In fact, I would be more than willing to help out and advise with any efforts to populate a new world. Right now, we have 52 in 1AA and 70 in 1A and there are several coaches lined up in D2 and D3. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure how many more coaches we can handle before recruiting becomes unbearable for newcomers. So, I would fully support a push to add coaches to a different world. However, I do think the animosity is a response to the initial tone of this thread and not the idea itself.

Alex -

With the above being said, do understand that I hope everything in Leahy goes well. I remember two years ago, when I first started the Wilkinson blog, having this dream of turning Wilkinson into this huge world where every game felt competitive. Through some hard work, focusing & refocusing, along with advice from others, things have worked out really well. If you ever need any advice or would like to talk ideas, feel free to sitemail.

As for my Wilkinson friends, I appreciate all that you do...but recruiting starts tomorrow. If you don't want Sacred Heart and Ohio State to take all of the talent, I suggest you focus your energy on your recruiting board.
Better watch out for the U now CJ lol
7/5/2016 12:53 PM
Posted by cjsweat on 7/5/2016 10:50:00 AM (view original):
Polarsi -

Alex -

Hey I can't recruit worth a dang anyway so it's all good.
7/5/2016 12:54 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Make Leahy Great Again Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.