Posted by vandydave on 9/27/2016 9:25:00 PM (view original):
But it's not done. Wis is sharing new information that was intentionally kept secret yet at the same time asking for our trust while they roll out the same party lines.
This...they let the guy that they knew was on his way out, basically redesign some major parts of HD...all while keeping his departure secret...it's incredibly shady.
9/27/2016 10:02 PM
Vandy : do it. Propose solutions. Think about what does not work. But if they do not build a game that you like, then what? Don't buy it. Simple as that.
9/27/2016 10:07 PM
You Seble truthers need to take a breath. Or a Xanax.

There are plenty of legitimate concerns about 3.0, from EE's to the importance of prestige and so on. I don't know how it's all going to play out, but I can certainly understand if any of us decide the downsides are too much to keep playing. But what you're doing here isn't attacking a portion of the implementation. You're attacking a man's character, or that of plenty of people. People you've never met. You're insinuating that Seble was forced out but that they're lying about it, or that the timing of the buyout was actually after 3.0 was started, or that there was no buyout and this is just a cover-up. Seriously? You're jumping from "the guy designed a release I don't like" to all of that?

This may be the most Occam's Razor thing I've ever read. If you don't accept the simple explanation that tzentmeyer is putting out there, you obviously won't want to be a customer of a company that nefarious, right?

Best part of this is that tzent even predicted where the Seble snark would go in his FAQ, and you're basically parroting his parody.
9/27/2016 10:21 PM (edited)
Posted by bhansalid00 on 9/27/2016 10:21:00 PM (view original):
You Seble truthers need to take a breath. Or a Xanax.

There are plenty of legitimate concerns about 3.0, from EE's to the importance of prestige and so on. I don't know how it's all going to play out, but I can certainly understand if any of us decide the downsides are too much to keep playing. But what you're doing here isn't attacking a portion of the implementation. You're attacking a man's character, or that of plenty of people. People you've never met. You're insinuating that Seble was forced out but that they're lying about it, or that the timing of the buyout was actually after 3.0 was started, or that there was no buyout and this is just a cover-up. Seriously? You're jumping from "the guy designed a release I don't like" to all of that?

This may be the most Occam's Razor thing I've ever read. If you don't accept the simple explanation that tzentmeyer is putting out there, you obviously won't want to be a customer of a company that nefarious, right?

Best part of this is that tzent even predicted where the Seble snark would go in his FAQ, and you're basically parroting his parody.
+1

As I've always been, I'm willing to see how everything plays out, 3.0 and Seble leaving and everything. Meanwhile, most everyone here is raising their blood pressure and bursting blood vessels. Real life is stressful enough, thanks.
9/27/2016 10:34 PM
No one is insinuating any of those things - they are repeating the story shared by wis but asking why the story wasn't shared publicly, and how that story might've impacted the process and results of the new release.
9/27/2016 10:34 PM
It's shady that they kept seble's departure under their hat...I think there would have been less support for 3.0, had people known sable was making it on "his way out"...and it didn't/doesn't have a ringing endorsement to begin with.
9/27/2016 10:42 PM
So are the people who are in charge of HD now in any way connected to the travesty that was the multiple redesigns of GD?
9/27/2016 11:00 PM
Also, from where I sit, the worst thing we can do moving forward is continue the negativity. As Cub said, let's give Redhawks and Cwisniewski a chance to put their stamp on the game. I'm choosing to see the potential for good here. If you want to be upset about 3.0 or anything else, be upset, that's your right. But do it quietly until your seasons run out. It seems really important to not let upset feelings get in the way of productive discussions between the community and Redhawks and Cwisniewski about how to improve the game,
9/27/2016 11:03 PM
Posted by zorzii on 9/27/2016 10:07:00 PM (view original):
Vandy : do it. Propose solutions. Think about what does not work. But if they do not build a game that you like, then what? Don't buy it. Simple as that.
tons of useful suggestions were proposed prior to the beta and during the beta

some were adopted but way too little

not surprising, given that the leader of the effort was a short timer

yup, have the guy who is leaving lead the product redesign. Brilliant.

9/27/2016 11:04 PM
are the new leaders of HD expected to remain at WIS till the end of the year?
9/27/2016 11:04 PM
Wonders if this is the buy out plan seble left under? If so, and it seems to be so, he knew in February he was leaving.

"Today is the day (Published February 29, 2016) some Fox employees have to decide whether to take a company-offered buyout or gamble that they will not be part of an ensuing round of layoffs that insiders say is inevitable. A month ago, 21st Century Fox offered voluntary buyouts to long-term and older employees as a way to cut costs. Staffers who have been at Fox for at least 15 years or are 55 years and older were offered one month’s pay for every year of employment..."

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2016/02/29/Media/Fox-cuts.aspx
9/27/2016 11:59 PM
Posted by dacj501 on 9/27/2016 7:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jsajsa on 9/27/2016 7:22:00 PM (view original):
So Seble had to leave after deciding to change up the entire game!!! :(
probably left when he saw how ****** up he'd made everything and had no idea how to fix it without admitting total defeat.
Yep, this.
9/28/2016 12:17 AM
Posted by zorzii on 9/27/2016 9:36:00 PM (view original):
The change is done and it's not perfect. We have two choices : we do not buy the product or we give them a chance to make it right, call them their own. In the meantime, doing what Tarv has been doing or Chapel or anybody that point out problems is constructive. After a while, if the game does not meet my expectations, it's my decision to quit. No need to drive new players away or old ones by constantly whining. The change is made...
They don't have that Free Speech thing in Canada? Eh?
9/28/2016 12:25 AM
Posted by emy1013 on 9/28/2016 12:25:00 AM (view original):
Posted by zorzii on 9/27/2016 9:36:00 PM (view original):
The change is done and it's not perfect. We have two choices : we do not buy the product or we give them a chance to make it right, call them their own. In the meantime, doing what Tarv has been doing or Chapel or anybody that point out problems is constructive. After a while, if the game does not meet my expectations, it's my decision to quit. No need to drive new players away or old ones by constantly whining. The change is made...
They don't have that Free Speech thing in Canada? Eh?
He's not saying we don't have free speech, emy. Of course we have the right to say whatever we want. Just as we have the right to not pay for a service if we don't like how that service is being operated.

What he is saying -- and I happen to agree, at least in part -- is to ease off on the negativity. Maybe Seble messed up. Maybe 3.0 was a terrible idea and it will eventually kill the game. But we should at least give the new leadership a chance to listen to us. They are not Seble. Our beef is not with them.

Edited to fix a type-o.
9/28/2016 12:34 AM
Posted by pallas on 9/27/2016 11:03:00 PM (view original):
Also, from where I sit, the worst thing we can do moving forward is continue the negativity. As Cub said, let's give Redhawks and Cwisniewski a chance to put their stamp on the game. I'm choosing to see the potential for good here. If you want to be upset about 3.0 or anything else, be upset, that's your right. But do it quietly until your seasons run out. It seems really important to not let upset feelings get in the way of productive discussions between the community and Redhawks and Cwisniewski about how to improve the game,
I'm not one to be the face of a protest or anything like that but please don't tell me or anyone else to be quiet of there are criticisms and/or concerns with the game, the company, or the treatment of paying customers. I/We have just as much right as any of the WiS apologists to post our views and feelings on this game. I paid my money just like you did Pallas and because of that your words and posts don't mean that they are any more important than mine just because mine might not be up to standard on your Nice-o-Meter. Very often there has to be dissension in the ranks to get productive change done anyway.

9/28/2016 12:41 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...14 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.