Posted by tecwrg on 3/12/2017 8:04:00 PM (view original):
Todd Snell needs a haircut.
And a shower, he Smell
3/12/2017 10:10 PM
Mike this was a concern from the very beginning from lots of vets where we were ultimately told by many to get over it and stop clinging to the past.
3/13/2017 12:36 AM
Posted by beachhouse on 3/12/2017 7:31:00 PM (view original):
That's weird, because if you notice with my account, I wasn't in Knight for a few seasons and then went back.

3 seasons of inactivity to be exact.

If people can't recruit then that explains people leaving after the initial season lol.
If you change jobs during job change period, you can recruit during late session. If you reserve a team (picking up a team in a world you abandoned previously, as Mike describes), you are stuck with what sim ai finds.
3/13/2017 12:57 AM
Posted by poncho2799 on 3/13/2017 12:36:00 AM (view original):
Mike this was a concern from the very beginning from lots of vets where we were ultimately told by many to get over it and stop clinging to the past.
Past or not, you have to hook new users. Giving them a bad team of players they didn't recruit is not a hook.
3/13/2017 7:07 AM
You're preaching to the choir, Mike. We said this over a year ago when they announced the changes to recruiting. But we were ignored and told to stop whining.
3/13/2017 7:56 AM
agree with mike. this is suboptimal
3/13/2017 8:55 AM
Probably got lost in all the other whining. I'm sure you know the story of the boy who cried wolf.
3/13/2017 8:56 AM
Posted by beachhouse on 3/12/2017 7:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by CoachWard95 on 3/12/2017 7:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/12/2017 6:55:00 PM (view original):
This is a real problem.

I took a D2 team in Rupp. It's not a good team which is no surprise. But the "problem" is that none of the players are "mine" and none will likely be around when I get the team turned around. Right now, I can't name a player on the team. I'm letting the SIM determine distribution before I really start gameplanning. Basically, I'm just waiting for recruiting.

Season 1 will not be interesting.

So, if the WifS gods are listening, users taking new teams need to be able to recruit a player or two for their first season. You need to get them "hooked". Part of the fun in Dynasty games is developing "your guys". In HBD, it takes about 3 seasons. I imagine you can do it less than 1 in HD since you could play "your guys" in the first season.

Without drastic changes, maybe just let any user taking a new team BEFORE recruiting session 2, actually recruit. I think it would make a world of difference. Even if the user suddenly realizes he recruited crap in his first season.

Make it happen, WifS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Says the guy, who has zero national tourney appearances and zero conference championships...
Shut up Ward
Let him talk. He's beautiful.
3/13/2017 10:23 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/13/2017 8:56:00 AM (view original):
Probably got lost in all the other whining. I'm sure you know the story of the boy who cried wolf.
I guess it's difficult to determine which are legitimate whines. Spud will come and tell us whether this is okay to whine about any minute now.
3/13/2017 11:05 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/13/2017 7:07:00 AM (view original):
Past or not, you have to hook new users. Giving them a bad team of players they didn't recruit is not a hook.
They didn't "give" it to you. You picked it. Your choice -- don't blame the game for your own act.
3/13/2017 1:42 PM
A related question. I just took on a D3 team in Rupp, with the goal of moving up to D2 for next season. I'm already looking for a possible D2 team to apply for when the time comes at the end of the season. I'll be applying to a team currently running under a SIMAI coach.

If a D2 team has, let's say, 5 departing seniors . . . any rough idea of approximately how many of those five slots will be filled by SIMAI during R1 (before I get there) as opposed to how many slots (and scouting/recruiting money) will be available to me when I move up before the start of R2?
3/13/2017 1:50 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 3/13/2017 1:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/13/2017 7:07:00 AM (view original):
They didn't "give" it to you. You picked it. Your choice -- don't blame the game for your own act.
That's retarded. Of course I picked it. And I paid for it. Don't use some stupid argument to get away from the point. Which was new users need a reason to play a 2nd season. Allowing them to recruit some of "their" guys is a hook.
3/13/2017 2:35 PM
here again - it is inadequate to say - you picked the team you take the consequences

the question is what set of rules, features, would be good for game play. There is no single right way to handle coaches who takeover teams - but one can fairly discuss what is good for the game

3/13/2017 5:15 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 3/13/2017 1:50:00 PM (view original):
A related question. I just took on a D3 team in Rupp, with the goal of moving up to D2 for next season. I'm already looking for a possible D2 team to apply for when the time comes at the end of the season. I'll be applying to a team currently running under a SIMAI coach.

If a D2 team has, let's say, 5 departing seniors . . . any rough idea of approximately how many of those five slots will be filled by SIMAI during R1 (before I get there) as opposed to how many slots (and scouting/recruiting money) will be available to me when I move up before the start of R2?
tec, I am sure it depends on how "lucky" the Sim gets on its recruiting targets. I moved up in Tark; Sim filled 2 of the open 3 slots, and had scholarship offer out on 3rd. I immediately pulled the last offer, and then cut several players. I was able to fill 6 open slots, no walk ons; time will tell if I picked good talent.
3/13/2017 5:32 PM
Posted by mamxet on 3/13/2017 5:15:00 PM (view original):
here again - it is inadequate to say - you picked the team you take the consequences

the question is what set of rules, features, would be good for game play. There is no single right way to handle coaches who takeover teams - but one can fairly discuss what is good for the game

Yes, not the point.

A n00b signs up. He gets the team he picked. Even if it's not bad, he doesn't have any ownership of the players. If he's winning his conference, maybe it's not a big deal. Maybe that's the "hook" he needs. But, barring that conference championship, HD needs a "hook". Recruiting a few players for your first team is it.
3/14/2017 9:23 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...11 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.