GHOST IN THE LATRINE: Season 2 (FULL) Topic

Posted by cpdpoet on 7/6/2017 4:26:00 PM (view original):
So the Donny Macs made the playoffs in season 1, then fizzled, as I predicted....

Going to make a "comeback" with the Greg Leggings (aka inf Greg Legg Phillies 1986)
.409 career batting average! He was one I considered using.
7/6/2017 4:44 PM
15 teams ENTERED, 9 togo.

Enter and this WILL be a faster filler.....
7/6/2017 8:17 PM
up to 16 entered now
7/7/2017 9:34 AM
Rudy Miller 1929 Philadelphia Athletics.
7/7/2017 12:45 PM
18 entered
7/10/2017 6:27 AM (edited)
Posted by mars2010 on 6/24/2017 7:13:00 AM (view original):
I do a lot of theme leagues, and this was one of the most entertaining themes I had done in a long time. It was a blast seeing Howard Hilton (a guy who appeared in two games for the 1990 Cardinals) become a 17-game winner in this league. Do you have some legend from your hometown who only managed to get a cup of coffee in the big leagues? This is your opportunity to immortalize him in WIS History!
i guessed i missed something how does a guy who appeared in 2 games win 17?
7/10/2017 4:16 PM
Posted by farleyfustle on 7/10/2017 4:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mars2010 on 6/24/2017 7:13:00 AM (view original):
I do a lot of theme leagues, and this was one of the most entertaining themes I had done in a long time. It was a blast seeing Howard Hilton (a guy who appeared in two games for the 1990 Cardinals) become a 17-game winner in this league. Do you have some legend from your hometown who only managed to get a cup of coffee in the big leagues? This is your opportunity to immortalize him in WIS History!
i guessed i missed something how does a guy who appeared in 2 games win 17?
The pitcher who won 17 games in the league was actually a WAA AAA pitcher substituted for and given the ghost player's name. Here is the explanation from the league rules on page 1:
Now the kicker: Each owner will receive 60 AAA batters and 20 AAA pitchers, all of them Way Above Average. You will select one of these rookies -- AND ONLY ONE -- and rename him (with your ghost player's name), and call him up. Because this rookie is Way Above Average, and because of our relatively low cap, he will be an impact player in this theme. But choose carefully: this is the only rookie you will have access to all season.
7/10/2017 5:27 PM
My Philly team last season was called the Don McCormacks. Don met the theme as he never had more than 25pa's in a given season.
I surrounded him with twists of the Phillies that he played with that campaign...

Soooo, when we went live, I perused the 60 aaa hitters and wound up with Vlad Guerrero (after someone's research). Renamed him Don McCormack, as per the theme.
He wound up batting 3rd and hit @.290 30hr and over 100rbi.

So I am back with Greg Legg and a different year and different twists..

It's a cool theme if you love a certain franchise and have time to do a little research!

Only 6 teams left!
7/10/2017 7:24 PM
7/11/2017 6:33 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I was relying on others who were answering my questions quickly and were bumping for me. I doubt there's anyone who has ever been in a league with me (especially one of the several I've commished) who felt like I disappeared on a team/league.
7/11/2017 8:33 PM
I'll go with John Miller and the 1966 Yankees
7/12/2017 12:25 PM
I'm going to open things up for owners to have the option of selecting a second team in this league. The league will be realigned so that owners with two teams will have one in the NL and one in the AL.

7/12/2017 6:18 PM
Posted by farleyfustle on 7/11/2017 7:38:00 PM (view original):
sounds interesting but 5 days since commish posted cant join a league like that
Pretty 'do?oSHe/ thing to post. Yes, I know, we are all entitled to our opinions, but some are better left to oneself....?
WIS people have lives outside of the forums and maybe, juuust maybe, something came up....

....on that non-alcohol infused post (my Sam Adams addiction begins in 15 mins along with M*A*S*H and drafting a 2nd team).....

.....I would love to assemble Fritz's Fillies.

1975 Phillies and Larry Fritz's ONLY MLB pa: 0/1 a flyout to LF pinch hitting for p Larry Christenson.
7/12/2017 6:45 PM
Posted by cpdpoet on 7/12/2017 6:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by farleyfustle on 7/11/2017 7:38:00 PM (view original):
sounds interesting but 5 days since commish posted cant join a league like that
Pretty 'do?oSHe/ thing to post. Yes, I know, we are all entitled to our opinions, but some are better left to oneself....?
WIS people have lives outside of the forums and maybe, juuust maybe, something came up....

....on that non-alcohol infused post (my Sam Adams addiction begins in 15 mins along with M*A*S*H and drafting a 2nd team).....

.....I would love to assemble Fritz's Fillies.

1975 Phillies and Larry Fritz's ONLY MLB pa: 0/1 a flyout to LF pinch hitting for p Larry Christenson.
yes some people are entitled to their opinions.At least im straightforward with my opinion.If someone is extremely busy and cant post maybe they should say so.I have more time on my hands the last 3 days for a reason ill keep to myself.I was close to joining but thanks to your disjointed opinion i wont.thx
7/12/2017 6:55 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
GHOST IN THE LATRINE: Season 2 (FULL) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.