seble - do ONE thing that will show you care Topic

Thought you were leaving when your credits run out? If so, stop issuing credits so lakevin will beat it. He's a waste of space who adds nothing.
8/29/2017 11:16 AM
eesh - I thought this could be a nice little thread that could identify one or two or three small fixes that actually could be useful for seble.....
8/29/2017 11:25 AM
Posted by fd343ny on 8/29/2017 11:25:00 AM (view original):
eesh - I thought this could be a nice little thread that could identify one or two or three small fixes that actually could be useful for seble.....
You came to wrong forum sir.
8/29/2017 11:39 AM
It was. Then lakevin showed up.
8/29/2017 11:48 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/29/2017 9:28:00 AM (view original):
Upon further thought, this is a pretty whiny thread. Sort of like a HS girl asking her boyfriend to do something to show her he loves her. Really, let the man do his job. As I said, I'd much rather see something meaningful happen in 3 months than something "cosmetic" happen tomorrow just so we know he loves us.

I did the math. Seasons last 48-49 days(depending on when you consider it starting/ending). If you don't make a tourney, or win any conference games, you play 29 games. You have a 3 day period, RS2, when no game occur but you can be recruiting. So, potentially, you are active 66% of the time. The other 34% can only be filled by scouting(and not all of it because some downtime is after RS2). I can't think of any game that would be my only game if I only got to participate 2/3 of the time. "Here's your MLB game. You get to play 6 innings" or "Here's your football game. You won't even get to play 3 quarters but have fun!!"

Address this.
Pretty impressive how quickly you pivoted from "you guys are whiny girlfriends" to "hey WIS entertain me all the time."
8/29/2017 12:11 PM
Is it? Are you easily impressed?

There are meaningful items that can be addressed, like the downtime that everyone except spud hates or even the considering list(which I think is more annoying/silly than a serious issue) but this thread strikes me as a "Just do something to prove you love me and do it quickly!!!" I'd prefer something useful be done even if it takes an extended period over a quick, Sally Field moment.
8/29/2017 12:52 PM
I have more than one hobby, so I don't really care about the downtime.
8/29/2017 1:18 PM
Mike, the concept is for you to enjoy the game so much that you will play in more then one or two Worlds at the same time. Once you work your way up to seven or eight (have been in all ten, currently only nine), I promise you you are almost always recruiting and scouting recruits. The past week, I have been in recruiting in three Worlds at the same time and I am not bored for my WIS fix.

I am not making light of your two teams, just that the "concept" design is to rotate idle segments among the world. This not only helps the programmers, but users as well.
As to the other part of these forums, I really feel as long as you have at least one team you should be able to post on the forums. I don't like people who "pay" being banned or censored. But this audience also has the right to be "ball busters" because otherwise the forums could take on a life of there own. We the body, by our reactions (let's say the call to censor) keep it real.
8/29/2017 1:19 PM
It's not a problem for me either but, if I'm new to the game, doing nothing for 1/3 of the season isn't very enticing, no?

Or do you think NEW USERS aren't that important so screw 'em anyway?

Sometimes it's not all about you.
8/29/2017 1:21 PM
Posted by wvufan76 on 8/29/2017 1:19:00 PM (view original):
Mike, the concept is for you to enjoy the game so much that you will play in more then one or two Worlds at the same time. Once you work your way up to seven or eight (have been in all ten, currently only nine), I promise you you are almost always recruiting and scouting recruits. The past week, I have been in recruiting in three Worlds at the same time and I am not bored for my WIS fix.

I am not making light of your two teams, just that the "concept" design is to rotate idle segments among the world. This not only helps the programmers, but users as well.
As to the other part of these forums, I really feel as long as you have at least one team you should be able to post on the forums. I don't like people who "pay" being banned or censored. But this audience also has the right to be "ball busters" because otherwise the forums could take on a life of there own. We the body, by our reactions (let's say the call to censor) keep it real.
You have to enjoy one team before you get two.

I think the 17ish days of doing nothing, after a terrible 1st season with players you didn't recruit, turns people away. Maybe it doesn't. Maybe it's the cost. Maybe they don't like the game. But I guarantee it's not the "considering list" or "champions page".
8/29/2017 1:23 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/29/2017 1:21:00 PM (view original):
It's not a problem for me either but, if I'm new to the game, doing nothing for 1/3 of the season isn't very enticing, no?

You're a weird guy.
8/29/2017 1:29 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 8/29/2017 1:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/29/2017 1:21:00 PM (view original):

You're a weird guy.
Because I crapped all over your argument?

Everyone agrees HD needs more users but this thread indicates they'd rather have a quick fix that has no meaning whatsoever to new users. Personally, I feel like I'm the only person around here thinking big picture about 90% of the time. I mean, hell, you wanted the name "fixed" at one of your schools? Really? That's a priority of any sort?
8/29/2017 1:33 PM
8/29/2017 1:41 PM
8/29/2017 1:42 PM
I don't spend other people's money. Most people don't like when you do that. Businesses don't like it either.
8/29/2017 1:43 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...7 Next ▸
seble - do ONE thing that will show you care Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.