Can anyone explain this result? Topic

Posted by Benis on 3/17/2018 10:59:00 AM (view original):
Posted by wvufan76 on 3/17/2018 10:23:00 AM (view original):
This is a stupid result. Playoffs here are coin flips! A sixteen would NEVER beat a one.

Oh yes they would, so now the WIS whiners who think HD having Mid Major National Champs is ridiculous can stop whining so loud.
I'm not sure how UMBC winning one game proves that mid majors can win the whole tourney...

Besides, Zags already proved that it was possible last year.

Or Butler in 2010 and 2011.

Or VCU in 2011

Or George Mason in 2006

Or UNLV in 90/91.

So yeah.
I agree as to UMBC is concerned....prove it! The second part was a specific reference to HD users who complain every time a Mid Major D1 wins a title. I really don't think UMBC will go to elite eight in RL.
3/20/2018 9:07 AM
Posted by kcsundevil on 3/17/2018 2:03:00 PM (view original):
Posted by topdogggbm on 3/17/2018 11:26:00 AM (view original):
You guys can throw rocks and grenades at me. But i can't get on board with this. I hate these situations. I know it's good for the sport and it gets people all fired up. But i don't get to watch every game. And the times that i get a chance to kick back and turn on the big game, I'm ****** when it's a game like this. It's two teams i know nothing about, that i didn't care about at all two weeks ago, and really don't have a shot in hell at winning the thing. I wanna see the guys I've watched all year. The supreme talent and supreme matchups.

(WifS forum crowd..... "Booooooooooooo! Topdogg Boooooooooo!" "Get him outta here!")
I get the desire to see the best teams play each other, but if you still think UVA was an elite team after last night, I have no idea how to respond. They spent the entire second half pooping their pants in terror while UMBC carved them up. Why would you want to watch that again?
I'm not sure any teams this year qualify as elite, but Virginia beat UNC, Syracuse, and Clemson twice each this year, as well as Duke, Rhode Island, Miami, Florida State, etc. They were as close to an elite team as there was this year. It looked like they were guilty of overlooking the 16 seed and not preparing properly for that game. It doesn't make them any less quality of a team. If you think this one game is a better indicator of the team's quality than an entire season of beating the best teams in the country, I have no idea how to respond to that. UVA was 6-1 against the teams that are still playing.
3/20/2018 9:26 AM
Posted by wvufan76 on 3/20/2018 9:07:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 3/17/2018 10:59:00 AM (view original):
Posted by wvufan76 on 3/17/2018 10:23:00 AM (view original):
This is a stupid result. Playoffs here are coin flips! A sixteen would NEVER beat a one.

Oh yes they would, so now the WIS whiners who think HD having Mid Major National Champs is ridiculous can stop whining so loud.
I'm not sure how UMBC winning one game proves that mid majors can win the whole tourney...

Besides, Zags already proved that it was possible last year.

Or Butler in 2010 and 2011.

Or VCU in 2011

Or George Mason in 2006

Or UNLV in 90/91.

So yeah.
I agree as to UMBC is concerned....prove it! The second part was a specific reference to HD users who complain every time a Mid Major D1 wins a title. I really don't think UMBC will go to elite eight in RL.
I don't remember people complaining about Mid Majors doing well in the NT in HD. Seems like the opposite to me. There are many threads out there congratulating Utah, Cincinnati, Vermont etc of winning titles when it happens.
3/20/2018 9:52 AM
Honestly, UMBC wouldn't have had a shot in the tourney if it wasn't for all the EE's. This is just further proof that the EE problem needs to be fixed, right?
3/20/2018 10:28 AM
◂ Prev 123
Can anyone explain this result? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.