Giannis is well outperforming himself this year and has a 37.1% usage - just wow
12/8/2019 5:20 AM
Charles Barkley
12/8/2019 7:28 AM
3 picks in 24 hours. That makes this a 48 day Draft. Might want to schedule future rounds or risk owners losing interest while they wait days (weeks?) between picks.

FWIW, Evan hasn't yet opened site-mail sent at 4:00 PM yesterday, so hope he's still around.
12/8/2019 2:41 PM (edited)
Oh yes..I mentioned a timed draft last year.
The baseball one I'm in uses one.. 30min windows starting at 10am to 9pm..
so it doesn't have to be that drastic.. but even 90min windows.. 9am-10pm at least that would be 8 picks a day minimum
12/8/2019 3:14 PM
This is my 4th draft here, all have been off clock.. but I or someone has made a comment about clocked drafts every time..
im not sure how the clocked draft went before.. so that's why I suggested something not as drastic as the other I'm use to. Even bigger windows and less picks each day would still keep it moving day to day.. I've gone a few times, a week or more between picks
12/8/2019 3:47 PM
1 pick day, brutal!
12/8/2019 6:48 PM
Posted by jackedjamie on 12/8/2019 3:47:00 PM (view original):
This is my 4th draft here, all have been off clock.. but I or someone has made a comment about clocked drafts every time..
im not sure how the clocked draft went before.. so that's why I suggested something not as drastic as the other I'm use to. Even bigger windows and less picks each day would still keep it moving day to day.. I've gone a few times, a week or more between picks
This draft has never, not once, even came close to a week between picks for an owner.

The last two drafts have gone slower than I’d like, but the two before that, the whole draft lasted just over a week so I know we can do it.

1st round protocol for missed picks has been for the commish to take best player available and then try to find a replacement owner. Hopefully Evan checks in before then as he is typically reliable. If I wake up tomorrow and he hasn’t picked, I will pick for him.

12/8/2019 8:19 PM
This is why proxies are so important though. If anyone coming up wants to send me their proxies, we can get the draft moving really quickly once the next pick is made.
12/8/2019 8:20 PM
Are you sure Ben.. Ive never kept record but I know I've gone 4 to 5 days between picks easy!
12/8/2019 8:25 PM
Just looked at last draft.. longest was 4 days and 3.5 days between picks
12/8/2019 8:38 PM
Draft before that.. 4.5 days didn't look anymore .. so guess just feels like a week.
sorry I find drafting/building the best part of each team I put in
12/8/2019 8:46 PM
I agree, the last two drafts have been way too long. However I am hesitant to include a clock because it seems to usually screw someone over and not the person who makes everyone wait. Far too often, I’ve seen person A take almost all the way up to their slot to pick and the person B, who was ready all day gets skipped because of the clock.

For this draft, Evan hasn’t opened up the original sitemail so he doesn’t know the draft has started yet. The hope is that after this first pick of his he will be more prompt or send proxies.
12/8/2019 8:55 PM
Posted by benhoidal on 12/8/2019 8:55:00 PM (view original):
I agree, the last two drafts have been way too long. However I am hesitant to include a clock because it seems to usually screw someone over and not the person who makes everyone wait. Far too often, I’ve seen person A take almost all the way up to their slot to pick and the person B, who was ready all day gets skipped because of the clock.

For this draft, Evan hasn’t opened up the original sitemail so he doesn’t know the draft has started yet. The hope is that after this first pick of his he will be more prompt or send proxies.
I am always for a clock and people who have been in drafts I run know I am aggressive with a clock.

But this is holiday season and I don’t think that is a great idea in this case.

I would say no clock, 24 hour rule, and then mandatory proxy/one hour rule for previous 24 hour violators after that.

Again, holidays are complicated. But also this is Ben’s show so it’s his call.
12/8/2019 10:27 PM
I’m usually a clock guy with other leagues I run, but my first two seasons I ran this we got so far ahead and weren’t even close. If we keep going super slow I’ll start a clock by mid week.
12/8/2019 11:28 PM
I’ll go with David Robinson for EvanSmoakX. I’ll look for a possible replacement.
12/9/2019 8:07 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...22 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.