ODL 77 Discussion/Commentary Topic

Hoping you continue to stay on here.
8/20/2020 10:53 PM

1. I have opted out of said arrangement and expect everyone to respect my wishes.

Yet he respects nobody else's wishes. I think he should be blacklisted from all competitive leagues. That's a decision every commissioner has to make themselves, but if I ever decide to run themes again, he'll be blacklisted in mine. I'm sure the pure insanity revolving around that one has driven more than one owner away from a league.
8/20/2020 10:54 PM
Posted by pharrop on 8/20/2020 10:53:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, I'm going to evaluate bds team and hope that people quote what I say so that he's forced to read it.
8/20/2020 10:55 PM
Posted by ashamael on 8/20/2020 10:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by pharrop on 8/20/2020 10:44:00 PM (view original):
“This is the ODL. This is a big boy league...”

I have thought that since way back in 2006 when I got in it my first time. That is why I was incredulous when, on the night of the big savage blow-up, one said the ODL is for “bookkeepers and money managers”. It was the day Steph brought home the title for us. Talk about being a Debbie downer. I was thinking we accomplished something when all I was is a good bookkeeper. I was all set to name our savage teams Bookkeepers & Money Managers but decided against it for harmony sakes.
“bookkeepers and money managers” - I mean, that is literally this website, and those who don't understand that are usually not very good at it. And hey, look, that was the opinion of someone who is 1) not very good at the sim & 2) not a very nice person. Don't let the amerks & the bdses of the site ruin your fun. You made a dominant team in the longest running and most competitive league of the sim. Bask in that glory. You ******* earned it.

Thanks. And I work with teenagers all day. I am used to people trying to burst my bubble. All good. Guys like you and robusk complimenting me more than makes up for the negativity.
8/20/2020 10:56 PM
Honestly pharrop, I remember when I was doing the evals I just kept staring at your team. I knew the division would be hard but I just loved your team. That beautiful combination of paint scoring and Steph was just a work of art.
8/20/2020 10:57 PM
Posted by pharrop on 8/20/2020 10:53:00 PM (view original):
It’s been a rough couple weeks on the ol’ escape lately buddy. Hopefully we can snap out of it.
8/20/2020 10:58 PM
Non-ODL related pharrop, I would love to see your NBA head coaches rankings.
8/20/2020 11:00 PM
Posted by robusk on 8/20/2020 10:57:00 PM (view original):
Honestly pharrop, I remember when I was doing the evals I just kept staring at your team. I knew the division would be hard but I just loved your team. That beautiful combination of paint scoring and Steph was just a work of art.
Yea, it was a little early to pick the one guy but he was a fine complement and I figured he would not be there by the time it got back to me.
8/20/2020 11:02 PM
Posted by pharrop on 8/20/2020 11:02:00 PM (view original):
Yea, it was a little early to pick the one guy but he was a fine complement and I figured he would not be there by the time it got back to me.
You won a hundred f’ing games. You don’t get to poor mouth any picks now.
8/20/2020 11:05 PM
Posted by robusk on 8/20/2020 11:00:00 PM (view original):
I like guys who do more with less. Who are not afraid to be unconventional. I have my personal favorites. Will filter out that bias and will post something tomorrow.
8/20/2020 11:06 PM
Posted by pharrop on 8/20/2020 11:06:00 PM (view original):
I like guys who do more with less. Who are not afraid to be unconventional. I have my personal favorites. Will filter out that bias and will post something tomorrow.
We have the same bias then. I love people like Carlisle, Stotts, Spoelstra, etc. Looking forward to it!
8/20/2020 11:16 PM
This is a public league, not a league I feel like I own. I will not be kicking people out unless absolutely necessary. That being said, if we even come close to what happened in Savage, I’m shutting it down and kicking people out. Last warning.
8/20/2020 11:19 PM
Posted by pharrop on 8/20/2020 11:02:00 PM (view original):
I've always said that if you have a guy you want and you don't think he'll be there by the time it gets back to you, pull the trigger and feel no remorse. It's worked pretty well for me for a long time.
8/20/2020 11:22 PM
Posted by robusk on 8/20/2020 11:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by pharrop on 8/20/2020 11:06:00 PM (view original):
We have the same bias then. I love people like Carlisle, Stotts, Spoelstra, etc. Looking forward to it!

This was my list earlier this season. It’s how good they are right now so someone like Popovich doesn’t get the legacy boost. Feel free to rip my selections. People in the same tier are mostly interchangeable.

Nick Nurse

Rick Carlisle

Brad Stevens

Eric Spoelstra

Steve Kerr

Mike Budenholzer

Greg Poppavich

Doc Rivers

Quinn Snyder

Mike D’Antoni

Terry Stotts

Kenny Atkinson

Billy Donovan

Mike Malone

Brett Brown

Nate McMillan

Steve Clifford

Frank Vogel

Dwayne Casey

Taylor Jenkins

Lloyd Pierce

James Borrego

Alvin Gentry

Monty Williams

Luke Walton

Scott Brooks

Mike Miller

J.B. Bickerstaff

Ryan Saunders

Jim Boylin

8/20/2020 11:30 PM (edited)
I like your list Ben. Like pharrop, you are a coach so I super respect your opinion. I’ve never been a big Rivers guy but I get why he makes sense for a veteran guy. Atkinson is ideal for the exact opposite sort of team. Stotts is amazing at player development and getting the most out of limited players, I personally have him higher but I don’t think he is a championship coach. At least he hasn’t proved it. Casey, Clifford, Vogel, Gentry and Brooks : reason they get bounced around. Your bottom part of the list is perfect.
8/20/2020 11:27 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...13 Next ▸
ODL 77 Discussion/Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.