What's your #1 priority for the new devs? Topic

Posted by tdiddy3 on 12/3/2020 11:38:00 PM (view original):
I have quite a few ideas.... not sure how realistic they are, but it would change up the game quite a bit.

1. JUCO players don't show up until RS2. JUCO2 players show up with scouting level 3 and JUCO3 players show up with scouting level 2 automatically since JUCO players have more exposure with scouting tapes and such that coaches don't need to do as much scouting on them.
2. After the 1st or 2nd day of recruiting, a certain % of recruits show up in all levels as completely scouted on a random basis. So Player A who is completely scouted for my school may not show up as scouted for another school. And not every player is scouted fully. It can be randomly level 2, 3 or 4 and every school gets the same % of each level of scouting, but some schools may get random luck and get some better players, but those same players might be scouted by other schools so you still aren't guaranteed to land them. This would help recruiting nationally a bit, but schools would still have higher visiting costs so it still is a challenge, but opens up for national recruiting.
3. Have better AI in substituting patterns. Instead of leaving my backup PG at the SG slot and then the next substitution, my backup SG comes in the game but he's put at PG. So now I have 2 players out of position. AI should be able to determine the best player at each position when they are both playing multiple positions on the depth chart. (not sure if that makes sense to everyone else)
4. Greater impact on prestige with win total. Players with 20 wins but miss the tournament should still get rewarded for a good season, even if it's not the same level of prestige boost as someone who makes the post season.
5. Give an additional preference of players who want schools with higher SOS. Teams that schedule tough, should get rewarded since tougher schedules means more losses, but it would also give more media exposure to schools who play tougher teams, so reward teams with a slight recruiting boost.
6. Limit the amount of recruiting budget that can be spent in RS1. For example, only 75% of recruiting budget and 80% of scouting budget can be used in RS1 and the rest would be saved for RS2. Or maybe give additional scouting money in RS2 (maybe 20% of their original scouting budget added in addition) so that players who strike out early, can look for a few more unrecruited players, they're less likely to find good players but they will keep rosters more balanced.

I have other ideas but I think these are things that would bring more competitive balance and also a little more realism at the same time.
4. Just because a team wins 20 games doesn't qualify them for a good season. What if they had the worst SOS? I think what you're asking for here is already handled in this game. With the combination of prestige, rpi, sos, and season outcome. The only way I can view this is that you feel a 20 win team is deserving of more even if they're not a great team. I disagree. Wherever they land after all numbers are calculated, is where they deserve to be. If 20 wins doesn't get us the rewards we want, aim for 18 wins and a much higher SOS next season. Winning games doesn't qualify a team to be ranked higher if the wins aren't quality.

6. That's just self discipline. If you want more money in RS2 just save more money. I realize that doing it yourself only, wouldn't affect all the other teams in the world, but either way I don't see why this change would affect anything good or bad. If we strike out early as coaches, we only have ourselves to blame. Not the game.
12/4/2020 2:59 PM

6. That's just self discipline. If you want more money in RS2 just save more money. I realize that doing it yourself only, wouldn't affect all the other teams in the world, but either way I don't see why this change would affect anything good or bad. If we strike out early as coaches, we only have ourselves to blame. Not the game.

Yeah, to be honest, if I was on a late recruit, and some A+ team struck out and then got more money to pursue my target, I would probably be pretty upset.
12/4/2020 3:15 PM
Posted by mullycj on 12/4/2020 12:48:00 PM (view original):
tdiddy - although I don't hate your ideas, you are adding elements that will increase overall user frustration.

I think there are enough players out there that the coaches actually want to transfer but the game code keeps them on the roster. Shouldn't be hard to recode to let those players leave. Plus you don't alienate current users so much.
(ie - my junior who plays 3 mins /game but stays on the roster for another season. He should be gone)
I agree and I also like tdiddy's idea's but it would take a lot of developer time to completely overhaul transfers when there must be a simple way to have upperclassman rated higher than 690 leave when playing less than 10 minutes transfer.

If they did make a big overhaul to transfers, it would be neat to have the option to sit down and talk to upset players, promising more time next season or telling them they need to transfer. Maybe we get warnings throughout the season?
12/4/2020 3:25 PM
I would like to see preferences a bit more granular. Currently there are 5 tiers, I'd like to see another one added. I would also like to see the defense and success preferences updated. Wants rebuild to me is broken as well as the defense preference.
12/4/2020 4:10 PM
Posted by jimmagnum on 12/4/2020 4:10:00 PM (view original):
I would like to see preferences a bit more granular. Currently there are 5 tiers, I'd like to see another one added. I would also like to see the defense and success preferences updated. Wants rebuild to me is broken as well as the defense preference.
It already is granular, you just can't see it. Not all very goods are the same.

Defense is definitely not broken. I think it was really smart that seble used points per possession as the metric
12/4/2020 4:21 PM
I'd also like to see game planning to be more dynamic. I'm not sure how to accomplish this, but it shouldn't be so static in my opinion. Maybe allow the SIM to update your game plan 3 times a game, rather than just once at halftime.
12/4/2020 4:24 PM
Posted by Benis on 12/4/2020 4:21:00 PM (view original):

Defense is definitely not broken. I think it was really smart that seble used points per possession as the metric
I don't feel the best defenses are getting the most favorable preference. They tend to play better teams with better offenses. It's not a good representation of how good your defense is.
12/4/2020 4:30 PM
It would be nice to have additional lineups or depth charts for different situations. For example, you could have depth charts for offense/defense when "losing by x points with x minutes remaining". Basically it would be nice to have a defensive lineup when you need a stop or an offensive lineup when you need a score. I guess it goes along with game logic since the sim would need to manage time-outs for these situations.
12/4/2020 4:33 PM
Here's a stupid but fun and harmless proposal . . . automate SIM coaches trash talking human coaches in the Conference chat when they beat them.
12/4/2020 4:48 PM
Posted by jimmagnum on 12/4/2020 4:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 12/4/2020 4:21:00 PM (view original):

I don't feel the best defenses are getting the most favorable preference. They tend to play better teams with better offenses. It's not a good representation of how good your defense is.
Fair point. I guess it's how you want to play the game.

What would your reco be instead?
12/4/2020 5:16 PM
PPP weighted by SOS?
12/4/2020 5:32 PM
I always thought WIS should partner with X-box, playstation, whatever, and enable you to watch your simmed game with little fake people on your TV screen.
One can dream.
12/4/2020 6:23 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 12/4/2020 4:48:00 PM (view original):
Here's a stupid but fun and harmless proposal . . . automate SIM coaches trash talking human coaches in the Conference chat when they beat them.
A lot of great ideas on the board here, this one legit made me laugh.
12/4/2020 7:25 PM
How do I upvote this??
12/4/2020 7:56 PM
Posted by getbedarded on 12/4/2020 7:56:00 PM (view original):
How do I upvote this??
I agree, because I'm tired of smack talking the SIM Coaches in my conference with them ignoring me
12/4/2020 8:46 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
What's your #1 priority for the new devs? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.