Savage XIII Rosters/Commentary Topic

Posted by robusk on 11/12/2023 10:49:00 PM (view original):
Question on the scoresheet, which is better:
1) see all team stats, followed by all of opponent stats (example: tm ppg, tm reb, tm ast, opp ppg, opp reb, opp ast)
2) team and opp stats alternating (example: tm ppg, opp ppg, tm reb, opp reb, tm ast, opp ast)
I prefer #2
11/13/2023 3:29 AM
Agreed I like comparing.
11/13/2023 8:07 AM
Posted by ashamael on 11/13/2023 12:15:00 AM (view original):
Posted by robusk on 11/12/2023 10:49:00 PM (view original):
Question on the scoresheet, which is better:
1) see all team stats, followed by all of opponent stats (example: tm ppg, tm reb, tm ast, opp ppg, opp reb, opp ast)
2) team and opp stats alternating (example: tm ppg, opp ppg, tm reb, opp reb, tm ast, opp ast)

also small request (don’t know of our breaks your code, is so, okay): could you freeze the owner column and the column heads so that when you scroll you can see who is what row? There’s so many categories that you lose who is who when scrolling to the right, and on the individual teams page lose what column is what stat when scrolling down.
It's nothing to do with my work. It was frozen for a while but there was a bug in Sheets for a while with auto-updating worksheets where it would continuously shrink frozen columns so I had to unfreeze it. No idea if they fixed that bug or not yet.
11/13/2023 8:11 AM
Posted by ashamael on 11/12/2023 6:50:00 PM (view original):
Rob said in regards to CP3:

He is in my third tier, tier one is one person, tier two is two people, tier three is five people.

I'm the same with Lebron. He's so far ahead of anybody else it's not even funny. As for tiers after that, that's difficult to think about. I'd say I have 13 people who are top 10 worthy in my mind, so I'll start with a 1-4-8 spread.

1 is Bron. No argument.

2 is Wilt, Curry, Giannis, MJ (not necessarily in that order). Wilt's minutes are balanced in my mind with Giannis' per-minute greatness. Steph's 3s are unparalleled and are a great equalizer. MJ gives you such a huge back court advantage in so many areas.

3 is CP3, Kareem, Shaq, Dwight, Admiral, Jokic, and two undrafted at this moment.

Keep in mind that I'm not Rob, and that I haven't won four of these and been top 5 virtually every one of them since the first few. He understands how to make lower minute guys shine. I think I would botch Giannis because of that. Otherwise, he'd easily be my #2 overall player.
My biggest shame in savage is that I got Lebron and didn't come anywhere close to winning. Big disappointment. It's been so long I don't remember exactly what mistakes I made, but I was really bummed. He's so perfect in this format.

I think one time I posed the hypothetical of where, if Lebron was split into two guys with the person who picks him first getting to choose five seasons first and the other drafter getting to choose from what remains, the second Lebron would get picked. You figure the first drafter chooses something like 12-13, 13-14, 09-10, 11-12, 08-09. So that means the second drafter gets something like 17-18, 10-11, 16-17, 07-08, 19-20. You can quibble about several of those seasons but that second Lebron is still definitely a first round pick, right? I would say it goes ahead of Harden/Durant?
11/13/2023 11:33 AM
Also - I'm happy to be back, though my expectations for my own performance are low. DJ is not someone I've used a lot but feels like a nice, safe 1st round pick. My time is a little bit limited at the moment due to work, so it's nice to be able to plug in a guy who is very consistent in what he gives: 5 years of 2400-2900 minutes with something pretty close to 13/30 rebounding, 75 defense, and 14% usage. Of course it's always a risk to leave the 1st round without a high-usage, high-efficiency guy, so we'll see what happens.
11/13/2023 11:37 AM
Posted by robusk on 11/12/2023 7:49:00 PM (view original):

He is in my third tier, tier one is one person, tier two is two people, tier three is five people.

I'm the same with Lebron. He's so far ahead of anybody else it's not even funny. As for tiers after that, that's difficult to think about. I'd say I have 13 people who are top 10 worthy in my mind, so I'll start with a 1-4-8 spread.

1 is Bron. No argument.

2 is Wilt, Curry, Giannis, MJ (not necessarily in that order). Wilt's minutes are balanced in my mind with Giannis' per-minute greatness. Steph's 3s are unparalleled and are a great equalizer. MJ gives you such a huge back court advantage in so many areas.

3 is CP3, Kareem, Shaq, Dwight, Admiral, Jokic, and two undrafted at this moment.

Keep in mind that I'm not Rob, and that I haven't won four of these and been top 5 virtually every one of them since the first few. He understands how to make lower minute guys shine. I think I would botch Giannis because of that. Otherwise, he'd easily be my #2 overall player.
I am slower adapting to Jokic than everyone else, just like I am with Dr. J.
I made some changes to my rankings this time to evolve what I value and to adjust the position values to draft positions. During Savage seasons I'll sometimes do a re-draft of certain draft slots to see what kind of team I could have built and I realized I tend to get the same types of players because of what I valued. We'll see how it goes.

My top tiers are
1. LeBron
2. Giannis
3. Curry and Jordan
4. A lot of bigs

CP could sneak in there and the guard drop off is real. But I like the shooting of that big group a bit more (although not Jokic because the D scares me too much and the assists are generally excessive value.)
11/13/2023 11:38 AM
Posted by tarheel1991 on 11/13/2023 11:33:00 AM (view original):

1 is Bron. No argument.

My biggest shame in savage is that I got Lebron and didn't come anywhere close to winning. Big disappointment. It's been so long I don't remember exactly what mistakes I made, but I was really bummed. He's so perfect in this format.

I think one time I posed the hypothetical of where, if Lebron was split into two guys with the person who picks him first getting to choose five seasons first and the other drafter getting to choose from what remains, the second Lebron would get picked. You figure the first drafter chooses something like 12-13, 13-14, 09-10, 11-12, 08-09. So that means the second drafter gets something like 17-18, 10-11, 16-17, 07-08, 19-20. You can quibble about several of those seasons but that second Lebron is still definitely a first round pick, right? I would say it goes ahead of Harden/Durant?
I remember that LeBron post. I think LeBron 2.0 is a 1st rounder and agree ahead of Harden, probably Durant too - it would be close. LeBron 3.0 might be a late 1st. I would think no later than early to mid 2nd. Heck LeBron 4.0 probably is still a 3rd or 4th rounder.
11/13/2023 11:42 AM
Posted by tarheel1991 on 11/13/2023 11:37:00 AM (view original):
Also - I'm happy to be back, though my expectations for my own performance are low. DJ is not someone I've used a lot but feels like a nice, safe 1st round pick. My time is a little bit limited at the moment due to work, so it's nice to be able to plug in a guy who is very consistent in what he gives: 5 years of 2400-2900 minutes with something pretty close to 13/30 rebounding, 75 defense, and 14% usage. Of course it's always a risk to leave the 1st round without a high-usage, high-efficiency guy, so we'll see what happens.
You're going to love Doc. I think he's very under valued. 5 100 seasons, solid shooting, great boards. Tons of stocks.
11/13/2023 11:43 AM
It would be cool to split up Lebron. I know DH kind of wanted to do a clone savage. But that’s eked like too much work. 4 lebrons though would be kind of cool.
11/13/2023 11:44 AM
Posted by jcred5 on 11/13/2023 11:43:00 AM (view original):
You're going to love Doc. I think he's very under valued. 5 100 seasons, solid shooting, great boards. Tons of stocks.
wrong DJ - lol (Deandre Jordan)
11/13/2023 12:13 PM
Posted by steelers821 on 11/13/2023 11:44:00 AM (view original):
It would be cool to split up Lebron. I know DH kind of wanted to do a clone savage. But that’s eked like too much work. 4 lebrons though would be kind of cool.
still do....but i dont like my chances of being able to find 23 other owners who feel the same haha
11/13/2023 1:15 PM
highly enjoyed using deandre last savage...becomes more valuable every time a new season of players gets released...actually seems easier to find high usg scoring in rounds 4-6 than good low usg board lords with any kind of defense
11/13/2023 1:22 PM
Posted by dh555 on 11/13/2023 1:15:00 PM (view original):
still do....but i dont like my chances of being able to find 23 other owners who feel the same haha
Imo to make this viable it has to be considered a regular savage and you limit to maybe 15-20 predetermined clone options. For me personally I wouldn’t enjoy checking with przybilla seasons haven’t been used in the 12th lol. Just give us some, Lebron, kareem, wilt, kd, etc clones that would make the first 4-5 rounds much deeper. Just a thought.
11/13/2023 1:31 PM
i still have wilt over giannis...mainly due to the mins but also because of 66-67...i just dont feel like giannis(or anyone else besides 12-13 lebron and 15-16 curry) has a season that almost guarantees you being world favorite like that season does

i think people mess up with wilt by not using the correct 5 seasons...im not spending a top 3 pick to use two seasons of a higher min tyson chandler
11/13/2023 1:31 PM
Posted by steelers821 on 11/13/2023 1:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dh555 on 11/13/2023 1:15:00 PM (view original):
Imo to make this viable it has to be considered a regular savage and you limit to maybe 15-20 predetermined clone options. For me personally I wouldn’t enjoy checking with przybilla seasons haven’t been used in the 12th lol. Just give us some, Lebron, kareem, wilt, kd, etc clones that would make the first 4-5 rounds much deeper. Just a thought.
yea that would certainly make it easier...id prefer no limits tho

i think the main hang up is figuring out when the first lebron owner announces what seasons they are using...has to be done ahead of time of itll take way too long to enter teams
11/13/2023 1:34 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...38 Next ▸
Savage XIII Rosters/Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.