Inflation Topic

Wait, LNF actually convinced me. Canada is better than the USA. As you pointed out, the USA is far more conservative and therefore worse.

After all, Canada has universal healthcare, didn't do the war on drugs (which means less crime), less people in jail and more rehabilitation, more welfare, has less racism, less guns, etc.

Either this was the result of left wing policy or your people are naturally better and therefore vote for left wing candidates. Either way, great argument. Thanks progressives, for making Canada great!
2/23/2022 6:15 PM
Posted by tangplay on 2/23/2022 6:15:00 PM (view original):
Wait, LNF actually convinced me. Canada is better than the USA. As you pointed out, the USA is far more conservative and therefore worse.

After all, Canada has universal healthcare, didn't do the war on drugs (which means less crime), less people in jail and more rehabilitation, more welfare, has less racism, less guns, etc.

Either this was the result of left wing policy or your people are naturally better and therefore vote for left wing candidates. Either way, great argument. Thanks progressives, for making Canada great!
+1

love Vancouver
2/23/2022 6:36 PM
Prosecutors in charge of TRUMP criminal probe...quit

NEW YORK (AP) — The two prosecutors in charge of the Manhattan district attorney’s criminal investigation into former President Donald Trump and his business dealings suddenly resigned Wednesday, throwing the future of the probe into question just as pressure was building on Trump on several legal fronts.

A spokesperson for District Attorney Alvin Bragg confirmed the resignations of Carey Dunne and Mark Pomerantz, top deputies who had been tasked with running the investigation on a day-to-day basis. Both started on the Trump probe under former District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr., and Bragg asked them to stay when he took office in January.

Dunne, the office's former general counsel, argued before the U.S. Supreme Court in a successful, multiyear fight for Trump’s tax records. Pomerantz, a former mafia prosecutor, was brought out of private practice by Vance last year to add his expertise in white collar investigations and had been involved in questioning witnesses before the grand jury.

“We are grateful for their service," Bragg spokesperson Danielle Filson said. She declined to comment further, saying the investigation is ongoing.

The New York Times, citing sources, reported that the grand jury investigation had stalled, with no sessions in the last month, and that Dunne and Pomerantz quit after Bragg raised doubts about pursuing a case against Trump himself. No former president has ever been charged with a crime.

So far, the nearly three-year investigation has resulted only in tax fraud charges against Trump's company, the Trump Organization, and its longtime finance chief Allen Weisselberg relating to lucrative fringe benefits such as rent, car payments and school tuition.

Messages seeking comment were left for Dunne and Pomerantz.

Trump did not immediately respond to the news. In a telephone interview, his lawyer Robert Fischetti said: “I'm a very happy man. In my opinion, this investigation is over."

2/23/2022 6:41 PM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 2/23/2022 5:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 2/23/2022 4:04:00 PM (view original):
I think he meant the USA.
In Vancouver, you could always walk down almost any downtown street at night. Nobody hassles you.

Try that in Chicago, Seattle, or most US cities. In Detroit you be lucky to get from one end to the other alive..

Your Murder rates are almost TEN times as high as up here.. I said RATES.. and in places like St. Lou it is worse. Your sweet greatest country.

Nobody in Canada cared, or cares what color you are.. back in the 60's (we still don't), but in your sweet old US of A, blacks had to sit at the back of the bus, could not use the bathroom in many places, and they would be beaten without any pushback from your old boys legal boys. If you want a refresher, just take a look at what James Meredith went though in Little Rock (1957-8) when he was one of the first blacks to enter a university in your sweet old Bible belt Deep South.

He made it, though.. despite the racists, and half .. make that well over half the south was racist.. and this is in both Pol parties. Only thing the 'Bible Belt' doesn't have are committed Christians.. instead you have Westboro and that crowd

and YOU folks have the gall to call people racists.. Ok there is less of that now, maybe half as bad.. cuz the pre boomer generation is mostly dead and gone

Your country has become a sewer full of rats.. and not in all the US but Frisco, Portland, LA are over run by criminals.. and NONE OF YOUR DEMOCRATS are doing ANYTHING about it. I could go on, but you would still argue

yes, I much prefer life up here..

I worked on one of the biggest construction projects in the nation, back in the mid 60's . It was formerly the Portage Mountain Dam, and Morris and Knudsen (Based in Boise Id) were the main contractors. All their supervisory staff were Americans.. and almost every one was a stinking racist.. One of them was at the Christmas party. This jerk went after a black guy with a butcher knife.. The would be victim escaped the danger...and this guy wasn't a bum, he was a Journeyman Electrician. The attacker? He was never charged and he kept his job.

I could go on and on.. but I think you see the idea. and Texas is almost as bad as Californication.. for crime

Life up here aint all that bad.. COLA is a lot higher, and that's a drag, but except for Couer d'Alene and a couple of spots, the US is almost uninhabitable.. and most of you own at least a .45 Colt, and an M=16 isn't hard to find down there either.. Probably has something to do with your increasing Murder rate. Another reason is that you do not value life as much as up here.. and it is near impossible to buy a handgun here, and an AK47? Forget it

Anyhow, here is an irony.. you express hatred for the only President I can remember who didn't send the US off to fight yet another war.. and I have been around since just after Nagasaki. That's the city that was hit Aug 9th, with the bomb with twice the punch as Fat Man

and you need to learn geography, cuz many of you would name ONTARIO as Canada's biggest city.. This happened on Jeopardy.. pretty bad. and fyi Ontario is a province, much like Texas is a state.

and the US could be a paradise, if it weren't for the soft on crime, punish the victim Democrats.. but hey, keep re electing them.. they have done such great things for you. (Can you name on good thing they've done since Jan last year??? ) Take your time

and just for the record, there ARE tons of good folks in the US.. thing is, you never hear about them

Not that I'm saying you are wrong, but when was the last time you walked down the street in any of those U.S. cities you mentioned? When the worst of the protests (or riots as you'd prefer to call them) someone I know who lives in Portland said the streets were fine. When I lived in the San Francisco area (up until 6 months ago)it was fine.
No racism in Canada?
https://www.bcg.com/en-ca/publications/2020/reality-of-anti-black-racism-in-canada

Canada had also practiced segregation, and a Canadian Ku Klux Klan exists. Racial profiling happens in cities such as Halifax, Toronto and Montreal. Black people made up 3% of the Canadian population in 2016, and 9% of the population of Toronto (which has the largest communities of Caribbean and African immigrants).

“Although we are less likely to perceive discrimination in our society than Americans, Canadians perceive that many groups face at least some discrimination. This is especially true of four groups: Muslims, Indigenous people, blacks, and gays and lesbians.

https://abacusdata.ca/muslims-and-indigenous-people-face-the-most-discrimination-in-canada-according-to-canadians/

Not saying it is worse (or better) than the U.S., but don't try to tell me there is no racism in Canada. There is, unfortunately, racism everywhere.

There are good folks in the U.S. (i consider myself one of them) There are bad folks in the U.S. Same applies to Canada and anywhere else you can mention or think of.

Just because someone on Jeopardy doesn't know his Canadian geography, that doesn't mean none of us do. I know Ontario is a province. I don't know for sure, but I'd guess Toronto is the largest city in Canada.
2/23/2022 9:45 PM
Posted by Uofa2 on 2/23/2022 6:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 2/23/2022 6:15:00 PM (view original):

+1

love Vancouver
If you could choose between living in LA , Frisco, or Vancouver.. I am guessing you would end up here

We are a great country in SPITE of the lefties, who are doing their best to muck it up

and Healthcare is not a bad thing,, considering that if you even have your tonsils out in the us, I will set you back 10 grande.. UNLESS the hospital you are at recognizes your medical insurer.. and then there are the 'honest' Insurance companies who will deny your claim, on some tech grounds..

Like I said, I like it better up here.. abut admittedly, FallBrook or Lajolla in Jan Feb is very tempting, cuz I like playing golf

2/25/2022 2:57 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I drove from Vancouver to Toronto. Made a few other stops, tho...
2/25/2022 11:50 AM

Muslims will not integrate

There are millions of muslims in the USA, and very few people get their heads chopped off. Seems like they're integrating pretty well.

As for the gays, the most hateful and anti-LGBT group in the US is evangelical Christians. You're one of them. Honestly the conservative fundamentalism in most of the middle east probably aligns better with your ideology than the progressive policy of the USA.

2/25/2022 3:17 PM
Yes, I am Dead set against h-sexuality, because it is an abomination

sounds very Christ-like.
So, what you're saying is that the types of people Canadians are prejudiced against, deserve it? Got it.

I don't really care that most Americans aren't up on their Canadian(or anywhere else) geography. Many Americans are stupid. We elected Trump, didn't we?
2/25/2022 9:41 PM
The latest INFLATION numbers are expected to be released this Thursday, March 10. Early report indicate it will be 8%. If true, the 2022 numbers are as follows: JAN - 7.0 FEB 7.5 MAR 8.O

3/6/2022 1:43 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
You are blocking the author of this post, Jetson21.
3/6/2022 2:57 PM
i knew it would offend you...Boo Hoo.
3/6/2022 3:00 PM
3/6/2022 3:04 PM
Posted by Mwett on 3/6/2022 3:04:00 PM (view original):
OK. Let's get the lad a gold star.
And maybe a glass of chocolate milk if he behaves himself.
3/6/2022 3:10 PM
◂ Prev 1...28|29|30|31|32...48 Next ▸
Inflation Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.