TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Posted by cccp1014 on 6/25/2018 5:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 6/25/2018 4:31:00 PM (view original):
Immigrants being arrested is not rare. Not sure what you’re talking about.
No your specific example is. Don’t play coy. You do that again and we are done conversing.
Is there an emoji for the jerk-off motion?

Any *specific* example is going to be relatively rare.

The likelihood the the border patrol would witness a US citizen crossing the border in a remote area without ID is obviously small. The point wasn’t that it would happen often, the point was that it could happen, period.

Without due process, that person is screwed. Due process protects us all.
6/25/2018 6:03 PM
"Due Process for those in this country legally. Duh."

Not Duh...........Due Process is far all............. or none!
Get it? Sacred Law!
6/25/2018 6:04 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 6/25/2018 5:57:00 PM (view original):
Due Process for those in this country legally. Duh.
That’s not the way it works. Due process is the only way to sort out those here illegally.
6/25/2018 6:05 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 6/25/2018 5:57:00 PM (view original):
Due Process for those in this country legally. Duh.
Criminal and procedural due process does not apply to anyone here illegally? So what, we can just do whatever we want with them? Yikes.
6/25/2018 6:08 PM
Not whatever we want but sending them back to where they came from seems fairly logical. I am not saying shoot them.
6/25/2018 6:26 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/25/2018 6:03:00 PM (view original):
No your specific example is. Don’t play coy. You do that again and we are done conversing.

The likelihood the the border patrol would witness a US citizen crossing the border in a remote area without ID is obviously small. The point wasn’t that it would happen often, the point was that it could happen, period.

Thank you for admitting your example sucked. So how would you fix it? Due Process is not working. People are not deterred. You don't want a wall. What do you want? Open borders?

I am saying for people who cross illegally we send them back. Period. Or we build the wall. Or we find a 3rd lever because what is happening currently is not working.
6/25/2018 6:28 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 6/25/2018 6:05:00 PM (view original):

Get it? Sacred Law!
This is the definition.

"fair treatment through the normal judicial system, especially as a citizen's entitlement"

If you want to change it then we can debate.
6/25/2018 6:30 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 6/25/2018 6:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 6/25/2018 6:05:00 PM (view original):

Get it? Sacred Law!
This is the definition.

"fair treatment through the normal judicial system, especially as a citizen's entitlement"

If you want to change it then we can debate.
That definition isn’t the law. The law is, everyone on US soil gets due process.
6/25/2018 6:31 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 6/25/2018 6:28:00 PM (view original):

Thank you for admitting your example sucked. So how would you fix it? Due Process is not working. People are not deterred. You don't want a wall. What do you want? Open borders?

I am saying for people who cross illegally we send them back. Period. Or we build the wall. Or we find a 3rd lever because what is happening currently is not working.
The flaw in your premise is that due process *does* work. What makes you think it doesn’t?
6/25/2018 6:33 PM
Yes, and I think we need to amend it when it comes to illegal border crossings. You disagree.

Some are pro choice others pro life.

I mean, I don't see you offering any ideas or solutions. Just complaints.
6/25/2018 6:33 PM
My only complaint is that the president of the United States is arguing that we should eliminate due process.
6/25/2018 6:36 PM
What you don’t seem to grasp is that there is no such thing as selective elimination of due process.

Either everyone gets it or no one gets it.
6/25/2018 6:37 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/25/2018 6:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 6/25/2018 6:28:00 PM (view original):

The flaw in your premise is that due process *does* work. What makes you think it doesn’t?
It is not a deterrent. People still insist on trying to sneak in illegally. Premise being the US is soft and will take them in.
6/25/2018 6:40 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 6/25/2018 6:33:00 PM (view original):
Yes, and I think we need to amend it when it comes to illegal border crossings. You disagree.

Some are pro choice others pro life.

I mean, I don't see you offering any ideas or solutions. Just complaints.
I wish we had a Great Wall visible from space with the naked eye...but, even if we did, those who slip through illegally would still be entitled to the due process the Constitution grants them. We can certainly amend the, what are they, the 5th and 14th amendments? Until we do, we can't ignore those clauses.
6/25/2018 6:40 PM
Right. So the POTUS went with a radical change. The Left screamed foul...so did many on the right and the mods. So now he'll say, let me build the wall. Current system is not a deterrent.

If it were. Caravans would not be trying to enter in here.
6/25/2018 6:41 PM
◂ Prev 1...306|307|308|309|310...922 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.