Cresten and Swamphawk’s Shtickless Thread Topic

No.

We seem to put a lot of emphasis on physical fit. I understand that. Are you telling me that smart but chubby cannot help the army? There is no place for them?

I stand by my statement 110%
9/18/2010 1:07 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 9/18/2010 1:07:00 PM (view original):
No.

We seem to put a lot of emphasis on physical fit. I understand that. Are you telling me that smart but chubby cannot help the army? There is no place for them?

I stand by my statement 110%
You are an idiot.
9/18/2010 1:32 PM
What an inteligent response to my post. You clearly laid out the differences in our beliefs and defined the specific issues you had with my points.
9/18/2010 1:41 PM
Because I do not want a bunch of FAT farts defending my country you think I need to explain that? Like I said, you are an idiot.
9/18/2010 1:43 PM
So if you have to choose between a High school graduate with a shoplifting conviction and 2 misdemeanor disorderly in public who can run a 4.3 40 and bench 250 pounds...or...A College graduate with a spotless record and a 15% IQ who is 40 pounds overweight, you pick the first guy? Always? Really? Why?
9/18/2010 1:48 PM
You are talking about someone who you want to KILL the enemy. Tell me that the one who does not have all of those questions about morality and meaning of life and "I wonder if he has some food in his pack?" is not a better choice? I realize you have a vested interest in this question but use some common sense swamp, we are talking professional killers here and the need to be able to "move" with some degree of speed when in battle.

Oh and just in case you think there is, THIS IS NOT A QUESTION of right or left. And there are a lot of fat liberals so I am not speaking as someone on the left but I am speaking as someone who has been in the Army and been in a battle. Try thinking "outside the box"
9/18/2010 2:03 PM
I want to make it clear that I agree this is not left or right.

I realize that a firefight can be ugly. What percentage of US soldiers will ever fire a weapon in a firefight? What percentage will walk a post and operate a weapon. We have a high percentage of people in the military who do not fire rifles.

Are we helping the army or hurting it by always picking physical strength over mental strength?
9/18/2010 4:17 PM
West Point provides the mental strength. The grunts, dog face soldiers, or cannon fodder (choose you term) are not paid to think. They are paid to kill or die and that is something that requires no brains.
9/18/2010 4:43 PM
swamp......you should stick to subjects you know something about, like eating and lying to customers on the phone.
9/18/2010 4:46 PM
Oh and another thing swamp, that question you asked about what percentage of soldiers are ever in a fire fight. You do not build an effective Army without assuming that every swinging d''k will be asked to fight. During the Tet Offensive half of the troopers defending the American Embassy were clerks, cooks, drivers and assorted non combatives. I know what I am talking about on the subject first hand.
9/18/2010 4:58 PM
And at the Battle of the Bulge cooks, and clerks defended positions. The 25 years between those 2 battles, not so much.

I am not talking about some 400 pound slob. I am talking about people who are 35-50 pounds overweight and in softball shape. People who may be great drivers, or shooters, or great at computers. I think we need to look at the army as less Spartans and more Oceans 11.
9/18/2010 10:14 PM
You just do not give up. No matter how ridiculous the position you take it is impossible for you to allow logic in. Even when you know nothing about a subject you continue to hold on to your position because learning something is against your religion.
9/18/2010 10:29 PM
Well one of us is being completely unflexible and wants to do things the way that they have always done them without any examination of the process.
9/18/2010 11:50 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 9/18/2010 11:50:00 PM (view original):
Well one of us is being completely unflexible and wants to do things the way that they have always done them without any examination of the process.
That is a fundamental conservative position! Did you forget which side you are on?

Have it your way, I could care less if you want a weak military or a congress owned and controlled by wealthy lobby groups. You are just not worth the effort since you lack the ability to think past your Faux News talking points. PLEASE, do not respond as I am no longer interested in what you have to say.
9/19/2010 12:02 AM
You are never interested in anything that goes beyond your nose.

If it doesnt fit in the box that you use to define life it makes you angry.
9/19/2010 6:00 AM
◂ Prev 1...31|32|33|34|35...47 Next ▸
Cresten and Swamphawk’s Shtickless Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.