Savage XIII Rosters/Commentary Topic

I've done both plenty of times. It is way, way, way harder to get all five in. There have been multiple times where teams that didn't even have a top 10 squad won a championship. There has never once been a team hit the all five bonus and finish lower than 7. To me it is a far greater gauge of competent drafting and team building.

That being said, I would not change the score for either.
1/20/2024 7:53 PM
Posted by 24kpyrite on 1/20/2024 4:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by steelers821 on 1/20/2024 4:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by edsortails on 1/20/2024 4:11:00 PM (view original):
Wait, is getting 5 teams in the playoffs supposed to be difficult?
Well the last three champs all had it and the last two won because of it. I’m not a big fan personally. seems like a yardage bonus in fantasy football. If someone’s 5th team makes the playoffs with 39 wins and another teams 5th best gets 44 and misses out who really was more successful at building 5 competitive teams. I assume that’s the purpose of the 5 team bonus, to make it viable to win a title with a balanced team approach.

imo the bonus should be for 5 teams above .500
I think your 39 and 44 argument is the same as 5 teams above .500. It's all about luck of the draw with placement.
Fair either way it’s a bit arbitrary. I do feel that there should be a bonus for making 5 good teams. I just feel basing it off wins would make it slightly more skill based.

but idc that much overall great system.
1/20/2024 11:57 PM
Dealing with the division draw is more Savage. I've been on both sides of getting 5 in ... easily got 5 in or just missed out by a literal last second buzzer beater by another equivalent team vs the #1 overall team in the league if not all of Savage (as in, my team lost a tie-breaker because someone did that to dbkc's juggernaut one season). If there was no incentive to get all five in, you'd see mostly superteams everywhere and there'd be even more things contingent on the division draw... which would be more Savage...
1/21/2024 2:11 AM
Posted by ashamael on 1/21/2024 2:11:00 AM (view original):
Dealing with the division draw is more Savage. I've been on both sides of getting 5 in ... easily got 5 in or just missed out by a literal last second buzzer beater by another equivalent team vs the #1 overall team in the league if not all of Savage (as in, my team lost a tie-breaker because someone did that to dbkc's juggernaut one season). If there was no incentive to get all five in, you'd see mostly superteams everywhere and there'd be even more things contingent on the division draw... which would be more Savage...
It would certainly screw up the draft. You wouldn’t see people drafting for five teams. You’d probably see more people punting on 2 and just running out all scrub teams which would defeat the whole purpose of the league.
1/21/2024 12:15 PM (edited)
All really good points, I like the discussion. With Savage I always start with "if it's not broke, don't fix it". And it's definitely not broken. I was thinking how the next Savage will be the 4th draft cycle with the current player pool and was curious if people thought this was still working well of if there were any changes that may improve it.
1/21/2024 10:56 AM
Rob FYI the stat sheet is showing me having two teams with a bye. I just have one.
1/22/2024 12:07 PM
70 by Embiid is crazy. But is Towns going to pass him???
1/22/2024 10:06 PM
Ended up with 62 & the L to Charlotte. Yikes.
1/23/2024 3:09 AM
Yikes indeed!
1/23/2024 9:52 AM
Posted by ashamael on 1/23/2024 3:09:00 AM (view original):
Ended up with 62 & the L to Charlotte. Yikes.
Blowing an 15 point 4th quarter lead to the Hornets is pretty impressive
1/23/2024 1:44 PM
My Savage teams could do it, no problem.
1/23/2024 2:19 PM
Well, my second best team is out, none of my my teams have very good championship equity and my best shot of making it close was getting all five teams as far along as possible. That might be curtains for me.
1/24/2024 7:35 AM
Well I think I’m officially out of title contention. But with two title contenders still in the playoffs I could maybe get third.
1/24/2024 9:30 AM
Posted by robusk on 1/24/2024 7:35:00 AM (view original):
Well, my second best team is out, none of my my teams have very good championship equity and my best shot of making it close was getting all five teams as far along as possible. That might be curtains for me.
i think we've seen this script before...

but ben is definitely looking like a comfortable favorite right now with those 3 monster teams...ragged, dbkc, and jcred all have 3 strong teams too

im pretty much in the same situation as you with my 4 teams but down 20 points...hoping to squeeze out a top 5
1/24/2024 6:56 PM
Posted by jcred5 on 1/22/2024 10:06:00 PM (view original):
70 by Embiid is crazy. But is Towns going to pass him???
remember when these two got into it and ben simmons choked KAT out..good times...both have come a long way since then
1/24/2024 7:00 PM
◂ Prev 1...31|32|33|34|35...38 Next ▸
Savage XIII Rosters/Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.