Weekly Top 10 Review Topic

That is a tough break, no pun intended, for OSU.   Lose 2 QB Heisman candidates in one season. 
11/30/2014 9:01 AM
I have TCU at 4 as well, but if Ohio St beats Wisconsin (as much as it pains me) they would deserve the #4 slot.

Just a note about Florida St. They're 12-0 with half of those wins by 6 or less points. That's remarkable considering the chumps that they've played. Hopefully Georgia Tech can knock them off before we see them get beat like drum by Alabama/Oregon.
11/30/2014 10:09 AM
Point of discussion:

If Alabama losses, is the SEC shut-out of the Playoff?

I don't think it will happen, but IF they do, I don't see the SEC getting a spot, and I think that would be absolutely hilarious.
11/30/2014 10:15 AM
I agree...especially since it would mean the SEC champ would have lost at home to one of the worst teams in the Big 10.
11/30/2014 10:35 AM
Posted by all3 on 11/30/2014 10:15:00 AM (view original):
Point of discussion:

I don't think it will happen, but IF they do, I don't see the SEC getting a spot, and I think that would be absolutely hilarious.
I think Bama would have to be embarrassed to drop from 1 to out of it. 

The conference championship isn't a "play-in" game for them or Oregon. 
11/30/2014 11:07 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/30/2014 11:07:00 AM (view original):
Point of discussion:

Dude, I think you need to go to the doctor, because your hard-on for Alabama has lasted a lot longer than 3 hours.

Do you really believe a 2 loss Alabama makes it over an undefeated FSU, a 1-loss TCU, a 1-loss Baylor, a 1-loss Ohio State, or a 1-loss Oregon? I don't see it.
11/30/2014 12:07 PM
Point of discussion:

Of course it is.  Neither team can lose to a team in the conference championship that would have the same record as them.  They are out if they lose.  Period.
11/30/2014 12:18 PM
That is the dumbest possible POV.  

If Baylor, TCU, Bama, Oregon, FSU and OSU all lose, are you saying the door opens for KSU, AZ, GaTech, WI, Mizzou or MSU?
11/30/2014 12:36 PM
Posted by all3 on 11/30/2014 12:07:00 PM (view original):
Point of discussion:

Dude, I think you need to go to the doctor, because your hard-on for Alabama has lasted a lot longer than 3 hours.

Do you really believe a 2 loss Alabama makes it over an undefeated FSU, a 1-loss TCU, a 1-loss Baylor, a 1-loss Ohio State, or a 1-loss Oregon? I don't see it.
Evidently, Bama is the new Jeter.
11/30/2014 4:32 PM
Let's try it this way.   Bama has been 6, 5, 5, 1, 1 since the first ranking.  They jumped from 5 to 1 after beating the #1 team.  The #1 team dropped to 4.   A loss in the conference championship to a team in the low teens isn't going to put them out.   The committee is tasked with finding the 4 "best" not the 4 who won out from week 8 on.

I've changed my mind on Oregon.  Ranked in the top 4 since the first rankings but they will have lost to the same team twice.   AZ is ranked 8th in the AP so it would be easy enough to leave both out or put AZ in.

FSU is different in that they haven't been impressive and have snuck out wins in the 4th quarter several times.   A loss by them would move them out(and eliminate the ACC barring losses by Baylor/TCU).

Anyway, as long as Bama doesn't get blown out, they're in.  
12/1/2014 8:38 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/30/2014 12:37:00 PM (view original):
That is the dumbest possible POV.  

If Baylor, TCU, Bama, Oregon, FSU and OSU all lose, are you saying the door opens for KSU, AZ, GaTech, WI, Mizzou or MSU?
Ok yeah, if everyone loses than it might not eliminate them entirely, but Arizona would go ahead of Oregon.  Two victories against Oregon is a bit much to overlook, don't you think?
12/1/2014 8:43 AM
Please see previous post. 

My point is simple.   Team X can't be top 5-6 for weeks on end, lose to a top 15 team in a conference championship and disappear.   It didn't happen to Miss St, it won't happen to Bama.   And if anyone thinks the SEC will be excluded from the playoffs, snap out of it.   The SEC will be represented.  Even if Bama loses by 30 someone else will be put in. 
12/1/2014 9:15 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/1/2014 9:15:00 AM (view original):
Please see previous post. 

My point is simple.   Team X can't be top 5-6 for weeks on end, lose to a top 15 team in a conference championship and disappear.   It didn't happen to Miss St, it won't happen to Bama.   And if anyone thinks the SEC will be excluded from the playoffs, snap out of it.   The SEC will be represented.  Even if Bama loses by 30 someone else will be put in. 
What happened to "Anyway, as long as Bama doesn't get blown out, they're in."? Changing your tune now? Now you think Missouri gets in over those undefeated and 1-loss teams? Of course this whole discussion is hypothetical, but FWIW, almost every other internet article written on the subject over the last couple days disagrees with you. I certainly wouldn't want to be a Committee member if Alabama loses and FSU, Baylor, and the 2 OSUs win. Adding TCU to the mix, I just don't think I could include any 2 loss team, regardless of what their Conference has accomplished in the past.
12/1/2014 10:56 AM
Huh? I don't see how Mike backtracked, I think you're misreading something.

I don't want Baylor in unless everyone loses. I want them to be the posterchild for why you should have to schedule someone worth a damn in non-conference play. Baylor sucked for a long time, so I get why they scheduled nobodies, but if they want to play with the big boys in the playoffs, they need to schedule a big boy or two.
12/1/2014 11:51 AM
◂ Prev 1...36|37|38|39|40...53 Next ▸
Weekly Top 10 Review Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.