Division II Blog Topic

I certainly have been glued to the scoreboard today!  I've taken a particular interest in the GLIAC and NCC championships.  I hope that if SDSU and SVSU both go down, that could be enough to edge me into the postseason (no offense to either of those coaches).
4/8/2015 1:18 PM
I guess you went lucky and juuust managed to squeeze in with the last at large... congrats!
sadly my conference mate phimutau was the first team since 7 seasons, to be 32nd and get booted for a bid stealer :(
4/8/2015 5:18 PM
Since the lines of WIS are absolutely horrible, I shall try and put some lines on the playoff matchupps... except mine... I don't want to evaluate my own games in that way.... fair bit of warning: I am going to shoot from the hip, and not go do a lot of research for these

North:

Kutztown -5.5 vs UCO

Virginia State -18 vs West Virginia State

Western State -19 vs West Virginia Tech

South:

Millersville - 22.5 vs Arkansas Monticello

Valdosta State vs Bryant -9.5

Mansfield vs Northern State -1.5

Quincy -2.5 vs East Stroudsburg

East:

Minnesota Crookston -16 vs Colorado-Mines

Slippery Rock -18 vs Mars Hill

Long Island -6 vs Glenville

Delta State -18.5 vs Saginaw Valley State

West

Ferris State -20.5 vs Minnesota Duluth

Abilene Christian vs Lane -4.5

Humboldt State -1.5 vs Central Arkansas

North Carolina Central -15 vs Newberry

4/8/2015 7:09 PM (edited)
2nd round:

North
Western State -4.5 vs Virginia State

South
Millersville vs Bryant -2.5

Quincy -3.5 vs Mansfield

East
Minnesota Crookston vs Slippery Rock -1.5

Delta State -3.5 vs Long Island

West

Ferris State -1.5 vs Lane College

NCCU -8.5 vs Humboldt State

4/9/2015 3:19 PM
Things got real very quickly.  Congrats to the final 16.  

I'm going to go ahead and pick (w/ Spread):
  • SE Okla-Durant -7.5
  • Va St. +4.5
  • Millersville +2.5
  • Quincy -3.5
  • Minn-Crook +1.5
  • Delta St -3.5
  • Ferris St -1.5
Some quality and tough matchups there.  

4/9/2015 5:53 PM
Good call on my game, I beat the spread of 2.5 and lost the game by one point. Dang.
4/9/2015 8:27 PM
Thanks OP and badaxe.
Looking at the actual results, I get the feeling that while my lines are vastly superior to the WIS lines (I at least had 14 of 15 faves win it).....they are still not particularly good...ESUP vs Quincy I was good, but some others have been 25 points and more off
OP: was interesting to see which sides you chose. Keep picking. Makes making the lines more interesting.

4/10/2015 4:09 AM (edited)
ouff... I had the right favorites only 4 out of 7 times in the second round.

Quarterfinals:
North
SEO -Western State: Hmmm To me Western State is probably the most talented team of all teams... I would have rather played anyone else.Could this be the fourth time in five seasons that it ends at this stage for SEO?

South
Millersville vs Quincy -1.5: The PSAC killer, vs the one team that ran through it 9-0 and who I seem to have slightly underestimated in all my previews.... we shall see, I expect a close one

East
Minnesota Crookston -3.5 vs Delta State: I first thought I should have this line more toward UMC, but this is a match up between an underclassmen heavy UMC and an upper clasmen heavy Delta, and I can't shake the feeling that earlier or later UMC will be bitten by a turnover bug in a game, and Delta might be exactly the kind of team that could force that.

West
North Carolina Central -3.5 vs Lane: If it were pure talent and experience then the line would favor NCCU more... but out of my own painfull experience, I know that champOU is possibly THE wizzard at game planning.... not that the butt whipping I got from OP in another quarterfinal was any less painful.

4/10/2015 5:07 PM (edited)
 Looking forward to my Millersville vs. Quincy. Quincy is a helluva team and has already knocked out a number of my conf mates.  To those who have seen the movie Major League, I am sacrificing a bucket of KFC to Jobu !  
4/10/2015 8:38 PM
Jobu still can't hit a curveball!  GL mojo.
4/10/2015 9:01 PM
Lol. GG Brygold. You are officially this season, the PSAC Killer.
4/12/2015 11:04 AM
I can only hope that NSIC is brygold's kryptonite. Or his bag of garlic. I'm not sure what the proper metaphor is. 
4/12/2015 4:51 PM
Beeen a bit missing in action over the weekend. GG brygold. Also, nice semi final comeback nacorwin. May it be a fun finish to the season.
4/13/2015 4:13 AM
One thing I found interesting.....every team I played featured very heavily the NDB.
4/13/2015 11:34 PM
Great job Nacorwin!  hell of a championship.  That semifinal game was crazy.  Best of luck going forward.
4/14/2015 8:59 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Division II Blog Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.